Elation Review 7/17 - 7/24

summerlove69

I just got back from the 7/17 sailing of the Elation. I was disappointed that we did not go to Mexico and Belize, as I was looking forward to the Mayan Ruins. However, the Bahamas and Key West were very nice. Embarkation was easy and quite fast. The longest part was getting from the Parking Lot to the Pier.

We got on the ship checked out our cabin and then went for lunch in Tiffany's. It was very nice, but crowded, as it was the only food venue open. After the muster drill, which was awful due to the heat, we went back to the cabin and took a nap. We missed the ship pulling away and the cruise director talk etc.

The cruise was great, except for Monday. We hit very rough seas and I spent the afternoon and evening in bed, hoping it would all stop. We didn't make it to the formal night, though I heard the next day that several people that did make it to the formal night didn't make it back to their cabins without getting sick in the hallways. There were seasick baggies by the elevators when we went to breakfast the next morning.

We did not go on any excursions, just did shopping in each port and walked around. We did go to Senor Frogs in Nassau, but didn't stay long. The heat was terrible.

The food on the cruise was fine, but I wouldn't call it great. Some things were very good, but on the whole not impressive. I did enjoy the waitstaff singing to us on the last night. We sat with two other people at dinner and had a nice time with them.

The only activity that we went to regularly was Karaoke. It was a lot of fun, but seemed to end too soon each night. Sally, the Karaoke host, was really good and quite funny. The Cruise Director (George until 5pm and then Jorge after 5) was very funny and had been a comedian with Carnival for several years before becoming a cruise director.

Debarkation was easy, though again, the worst part was getting back to the parking lot. EZCruise parking is much cheaper, but they do not have enough transportation between the port and the lot. Word to the wise, the parking lot is only about 2 blocks from the pier. Have one person walk to the parking lot, get the car and then drive back and load up the car. We waited for at least 30 mins. in the heat for a van, only to find out it was only 2 blocks away. It seemed further coming to the port because of one-way streets.

The cruise was great and I would do it again. Hopefully I will get to go to Mexico next time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bridget

Archived