Need flights advice Budapest to Bucharest

yogagal47

Cruising with Tauck August 27 2015 eastbound. Would love some advice regarding flights/ airlines. We live in Denver. Thanks!

My son lives in Denver and flies to Europe frequently. I think pretty much everybody flies from Denver to London or Frankfurt, at least. I know BA goes non-stop Denver to Heathrow and I would bet United has service to several places.Lufthansa (my personal fav) flies to Frankfort and from Frankfort to both Budapest and Bucharest.

I also try an fly Lufthansa/Swiss when I can and try to connect in Munich or Zurich rather then Frankfurt. Munich is a very easy airport to navigate. I know it's not always possible.

Hydrokitty - you may already know this but Lufthansa is putting premium economy seat in all their planes. They say all s/b ready by summer 2015.

Sorry-i find that app confusing to use and did not know the title of the threads are not shown. Thanks for the tips all-we are going BA from DEN via Heathrow this spring to Berlin for a Backroads Cycling trip. We used the AMEX 2 for 1 for the tickets but we have a lot of miles in my BA account so I think my travel agent might help us figure out how to use them for the cruise next year then we would purchase the 2nd ticket.

Cruising with Tauck August 27 2015 eastbound. Would love some advice regarding flights/ airlines. We live in Denver. Thanks!

You mean, you look for flights from Budapest to Bucharest, or?....

In case yes, the direct flight option is with TAROM, the Romanian Airline, they have 2 daily flights (maybe 3) between the two capitals (flight time is less than a hour.)

For transatlantic connections I also recommend Amsterdam, much better than Heathrow or Frankfurt, and KLM serves both Budapest (4-5 times daily) and Bucharest (3 times daily) from there.

I also try an fly Lufthansa/Swiss when I can and try to connect in Munich or Zurich rather then Frankfurt. Munich is a very easy airport to navigate. I know it's not always possible.

Hydrokitty - you may already know this but Lufthansa is putting premium economy seat in all their planes. They say all s/b ready by summer 2015.

Thanks for the info. but I'm hopelessly addicted to business class. :D