How can you take alcohol on RCI

Jsme

Yes. We took our wine onboard the last cruise. Also took on my diet Coke. Wouldn't hesitate to take hard liquor.

Oops, just read that you asked "how." Some people leave it in the original bottles and wrap it with clothes, etc. Some people put it in other containers, such as 2 liter pop bottles so that there would be less opportunity for breakage, esp. if you are flying.

Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise!

We have on each cruise via our checked luggage. You can buy liquor in plastic bottles now in most brands (except Tequila), but we put that and mixers into plastic flasks available in most liquor stores. We wrap the neck with electrical tape to insure a seal, then put in ziplock, and pack some in each piece of luggage we take. All has always arrived and left out with no problem in our room. You can also buy on board in the liquor store and pay the cork fee to take back to your room. They usually have 2 for $20.00. On some trips they have only charged 1 cork fee for everything we bought, so all went to the room the first day of the trip. Its up to you if you have room to transport what you want to drink.

meripour

is that 2 bottles for $20? Do you know if they have smirnoff twist (I recently became addicted to smirnoff twist watermelon and cranberry and would love to be able to have it on the cruise--I am trying to figure out what juice is good with rum too). I know that is pretty specific but at the cost of $20 for 2 bottles it might just be cheaper to buy it by the bottle on board!!

I had heard from one of the boards I think that they won't let you take it back to your room tho?

Thanks for the tips

Melissa

is pineapple orange juice with dark rum atop it (as we have in Hawaii)

A major favorite here in cleveland with our Fire Dept:

Firefighter's Sour:

• 2 oz Light Rum
  • 1 tbsp Grenadine
  • Juice of 2 Limes
  • 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
  • Club Soda
  • Ice

For Vodka drinkers I love Sea Breeze (cranberry juice, grapefruit juice & vodka, or a Bay Breeze which is pineapple juice, cranberry juice & vodka.

I guess this RULE is OK to be broken, does that mean I can save my seat at the pool for the whole cruise????

Can I go to the formal dinner in my tank top and cut offs and flop flops?????

Can I save the 2 front row center seats for all the shows in the theatre???

Flame away, cause I do not care!!!!

A rule is a rule. Follow all or do not complain what one you want followed is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they dont care as long as they dont see it......we hid ours in our carryon......when we bought in port the people who worked on the ship told us that if they dont see it they dont care

joey

explorer ots 3/7/02

brillianceoths 7/1/04

adventure ots 6/26/05

freedom 6/25/06

Been on Carnival before, but if you can but it on board and all you pay is a small corkage fee to let you take it back to your cabins I would see no reason to bring your own. I know if you buy it on Carnival, they hold it until the last day and then send it to your room.

meripour

is that 2 bottles for $20? Do you know if they have smirnoff twist (I recently became addicted to smirnoff twist watermelon and cranberry and would love to be able to have it on the cruise--I am trying to figure out what juice is good with rum too). I know that is pretty specific but at the cost of $20 for 2 bottles it might just be cheaper to buy it by the bottle on board!!

I had heard from one of the boards I think that they won't let you take it back to your room tho?

Thanks for the tips

Melissa

Melissa, they change the kinds that they have according to taste and what they think will sell. If those flavors are generally popular today in many areas, then they are likely to have them. Smirnoff is certainly a brand we saw on board.

Carol

I guess this RULE is OK to be broken, does that mean I can save my seat at the pool for the whole cruise????

Can I go to the formal dinner in my tank top and cut offs and flop flops?????

Can I save the 2 front row center seats for all the shows in the theatre???

Flame away, cause I do not care!!!!

A rule is a rule. Follow all or do not complain what one you want followed is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two kinds of rules, PH: those that affect only yourself, and those that affect others.

Carol

Rules, rules, rules, looks to this old cruiser RCCL has caused this. I used to buy all our booze on board until RCCL started sticking it to us with a "corkage fee" (rip off). For what we pay to cruise the corkage fees are a slap in the face. We Americans get darn upset when people mess with our drinks, look what we did to the British for taxing our tea! As far as breaking the rules, breaking this one doesn't have a negative effect on any one other than RCCL profit and loss statement, IMHO.

Regards:

Bill

Some friends of mine save their old Scope Mouthwash containers (large) - clean them out VERY well, and then fill them with their favorite adult beverage.

I'm not advocating this, of course. Because that would be WRONG. I'm just relaying something someone else has done - yes, to break the rules. BAD FRIEND, BAD FRIEND!!! ;):p:)

this seems to be a favorite topic! And fun!!!!! Carol's right, there are rules and then there are rules, and how many can one legally break? Early morning towels on chaises, not to be used till close to noon, jeans on formal night, trying to stay in your cabin for muster drill, and the list goes on........... but sneaking liquor aboard???? :D Just put it a bag and carry it on when you check in, or let the porters bring it aboard in your checked baggage.

How many of you have had your bags opened and the liquor confiscated on the day that you embark the ship?

Well????????????

Rick

Some friends of mine save their old Scope Mouthwash containers (large) - clean them out VERY well, and then fill them with their favorite adult beverage.

I'm not advocating this, of course. Because that would be WRONG. I'm just relaying something someone else has done - yes, to break the rules. BAD FRIEND, BAD FRIEND!!! ;):p:)

For those of you with teenagers, I heard that teens do this to smuggle alcohol on board as well. They use mouthwash containers, shampoo bottles, etc., to smuggle it past their parents too. There is another cruise site where I was reading before my trip, trying to see what kids were going to be on our cruise. Needless to say, after I read those posts from teens advising each other on how to smuggle the stuff onboard, I did not send my kids to that site!

babe: I'm a teacher. I'm a high school teacher. There is NO limit to the ingenuity of a student who is determined to carry alcohol. They put it in ANYTHING that they think an adult won't check. They put it in their water bottles. Now, at dances, they may carry NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. Bags are searched. They may not bring in SHAMPOO even if the party (not a typical dance) includes access to the swimming pool. If they want water, WE provide SEALED bottles of water.

By the way, what's the big deal about Scope bottles and washing, washing, washing? A little minty refreshment in that Kentucky bourbon is JUST what the doctor ordered. :)

Now, *I* do not smuggle. I carry only wine on board, which Royal Caribbean obviously allows, since they have an offical corkage fee in the dining room. If we can't have our own wine, why do they publish a corkage fee? hhhhmmmm?

(hell, on our last cruise, they not only charged me the corkage fee in Portofino's on my own Bordeaux, THEY CHARGED THE 15% GRATUITY ON THE CORKAGE FEE!!!!!!!!)

C.

well, I didn't mean to start a discussion on teens and their craftiness. After all, I'm a church youth pastor and KNOW how sneaky teens are! I'm surprised I didn't hear that tip from one of my kids!

You know, now that you mention it, a nice faux mint julep on the balcony does remind me of home! I say - DON'T WASH THOSE SCOPE BOTTLES!!! :D

I also like to buy onboard and so I pay the fee. Nothing like sitting on your balcony and watching the sea and sky. But have always brought my own mixers, havent had a problem with it:D

If this information is correct: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211344 those days are over. That is what I planned to do. How dare they change the rules???

Well having been on board a time or two I think I can share a bit.........The bread retailers sell a product something like a tupperware container that is used to keep bread fresh and lo and behold it is a great size to carry a fifth of your favorite beverage. Just be sure to tip the cabin stewart and tell him to empty the refrige to chill the mixer you carry on from each port and to keep the ice bucket filled. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you take alcohol on board with you when cruising on RCI?

You can take it straight up, on the rocks, or in a souvenir glass:D . However, to follow "THE RULES" you have to buy it from Isaac, your friendly bartender:D .

I like to indulge in a few (read more than I should) foo-foo drinks but I'll be a monkeys uncle before I bring my own from home. I just budget in the cost of drinks when I plan and don't overindulge. Won't room service bring you a drink from the bar? If not, I need the exercise walking to the Schooner bar to get my fix.

Happy sails to all.

Don't even begin to call me cheap because I want to suppliment my bar bill by smuggling a little booze! First of all I would guess that my cruise bar bill STILL runs more than double what yours does, but there are circumstances where I want a certain type of drink (my husband is a bartender and has created some very special drinks that I am quite fond of) and I want them served up fresh IN MY SUITE! It is not always convenient for my dh or me to leave our child alone (!) in the suite just so I can go to the bar to get a drink. And yes, I'll say it...it is my vacation. I can't even begin to comprehend how people can compare hogging all the chairs at the pool to what I do in my room! Is there really a single person out there who has never driven 58 in a 55? Why is it OK for you to break that rule, no law, and not others? In my life experience I have found that those who claim to be perfect are the biggest sinners amongst us. (Flame away because I'm sure it's coming!) I personally am enraged that RCI has discontinued the in-room consumption fee. I, for one, am one passenger that they will lose revenue off of because of that new ruling. My bar bill will remain the same. My in-room consumtion will remain the same. I will just have the inconvenience of purchasing my alcohol pre-cruise in Vancouver and RCI won't get my $9.50 per bottle. (And we would have bought quite a few!) I really don't understand what the difference is in renting a hotel room and a cruise ship room. They both have ice buckets don't they? I guess they both expect patrons to be drinking if that's what they want to do! And by the way if it weren't for heavy drinkers like myself, I'll bet the cruiselines would go under.

Archived