Do not pack liquor in carry on?

Emme

I just need to know if I remember this correctly.

We can get our liquor and soda on board if we pack it in our luggage and not put it in our carry on?

We did this before on a previous cruise but I just need to know if the same stands for Celebrity?

Thanks very much.

You can carry on the pop but liquor if you bring it will have to go in checked bag. If found (the liquor) it may be taken and returned the last night.

You can order it for your room from Celebrity and don't have to carry it. It comes with pop and nuts.

They usually do not have a problem with carrying on wine. Otherwise, why would they have a corkage fee? I have heard the occasional story of hard liquor being temporarily confiscated, but have also heard of many folks who had no problem. Jeff

They usually do not have a problem with carrying on wine. Otherwise, why would they have a corkage fee?
Quite true. In order to protect it from damage and too much motion, ours always comes as carry-on, and even in large quantities, it's never been questioned. $15 a bottle corkage when we send it to the dining room for dinner.

A lot depends upon how much you try to bring onboard. In late 2003 I brought two bottles of liquor onto the Summit in my carryon. Went thru the check points without a problem. Someone earlier had tried to bring on a case of beer in a rolling cooler and that was stopped. Just be a little conservative. We brought a bottle back on board from St Thomas and St Martin without a problem, but had purchased 8 bottles @ a St Thomas and had that delivered directly to the ship. That was held and delivered the afternoon before we go back to the US

makes for great immitation mouthwash when I pack it with toothpaste & brushes in Zip-Loc. We have Baileys & Grey Goose. Never had a problem.

We also took our navy blue tote from the closet & went to the duty free shop to buy a botlle that was placed in the tote for us to take back to our room. Did it twice in 2 weeks.

On both my Celebrity cruises, as well as others, I have taken a rolling cooler with 4-5 bottles of Champagne, some beer, soda and bottled water. I like to use the cooler because the cabin steward will keep it iced down for you.

Liquor was packed well (bubble wrap and ziplock bags) and put in the checked luggage.

I've never had a problem at all.

WE did wine and booze in San Juan, well we tried: the wine was no problem the liquor got taken and returned the last night. In fact we, along with 2 other cabins had trouble getting it back> I don't mean they didn't want to surrender it, but it was close to midnight, and about 3 calls before it finally arrived. We were not exactly jumping with joy. DH on the other hand had a bottle of Scotch in his carry on and it went right through. It's a hit or miss situation. NMNita

In Juneau, A stop on our 6/25/05 Infinity cruise, I bought a case of Ice Cold Alaskan Amber beer in town and carried it on the Ship.

It was hillarious, actually.

Walking down the street in Juneau, I had one guy stop in a van and ask if I needed a ride.

At the port, the US Customs guy asked if I had brought his dinner.

At security, I just put the entire case through the X-ray machine.

Walking down the hall, my brothers-in-laws eyes lit up when they saw the Booty I had brought.

Our room steward kept our ice buckets filled to the brim from then on!

Jim

When your beverages are confiscated do you get a receipt? If not, how do you prove ownership later on?

When they return beverages at the end of the cruise do you sign for them? If not, how do they prove they returned them to you?

I've brought it onboard in both checked & carry on luggage without a problem. The only time I had it taken until the end of the cruise is when I bought a few bottles in St Thomas and the store delivered to the ship, otherwise I've just put it through the metal detector and took it to my cabin.

Terri

When your beverages are confiscated do you get a receipt? If not, how do you prove ownership later on?

When they return beverages at the end of the cruise do you sign for them? If not, how do they prove they returned them to you?

yes, you get a receipt; on Celebrtiy, as I said, i said before we were in our room when it finally arrived: NCL, they just put the liquor in our room. In fact NCL delivered our stash late in the afternoon so we could have open a bottle that night. NMNita

Archived