Liberty (LOS) Couple questions...

On our European cruise last month (Oct 12 - 19), there was no Quest or Love and Marriage. Cruise Director was Luke Arrowsmith. I was very impressed by him and his team. Very visible, always smiling and a good and enjoyable programme of events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by madra2112

Interesting, I though that was one of their big game shows. I went to a couple of quests years ago and would definetly go to more of them if they were earlier. Anything scheduled after 11:00 pm usually loses me.

We just returned yesterday from the 5 night Western (Nov 17-22) and can report that there was no Love and Marriage or Quest. The game shows were Battle of the Sexes and Finish that Lyric.

I can post the Cruise Compass if you would like.

PLEASE do post the Compasses!! We're on three weeks from tomorrow and would love to see what all is planned. Kind of disappointing there is no Quest. That space is so perfect for it and I'd guess the 5-day crowd before the kids are out for break would have been a riot.

Just did a b2b on Liberty and was very disappointed with the fact they have eliminated the Quest. Apparently RCI does not make the Quest a requirement any more and the CD's can do what they like. I was given this information from the Activities Manager onboard - don't recall her name, but she was bordering on rude when I asked where my favorite game shows were. I thought it was because of a shorter cruise, but she told me it is up to the CD what he/she want to put in the compass.

Big mistake on RCI's part.

First, thanks for all the replies, greatly appreciated.

Have to say I hate to hear The Quest AND Love and Marriage are gone! After several cruises, I can say the quest wasn't quite the same as our first 3-4 (we still enjoyed it and looked forward to it however).

We ALWAYS had a great time at Love and Marriage and looked forward to it. Rarely did it disappoint!

Have B2B2B coming up on LOS, while it will be great I'm sure, I do hate hearing they've skipped these! Two "staple items" for us every cruise!!

How do others feel?

First, thanks for all the replies, greatly appreciated.

Have to say I hate to hear The Quest AND Love and Marriage are gone! After several cruises, I can say the quest wasn't quite the same as our first 3-4 (we still enjoyed it and looked forward to it however).

We ALWAYS had a great time at Love and Marriage and looked forward to it. Rarely did it disappoint!

Have B2B2B coming up on LOS, while it will be great I'm sure, I do hate hearing they've skipped these! Two "staple items" for us every cruise!!

How do others feel?

These shows have been a staple in the cruise compass for as long as I can remember. Not only are they fun and entertaining, they give guests a good chance to interact, or at least see the Cruise Director in action. I think this is a trend for the shorter cruises.....

I'm on Freedom in a few months for a 7 night, so we shall see.

These shows have been a staple in the cruise compass for as long as I can remember. Not only are they fun and entertaining, they give guests a good chance to interact, or at least see the Cruise Director in action. I think this is a trend for the shorter cruises.....

I'm on Freedom in a few months for a 7 night, so we shall see.

Agree 100%. Don't like that "trend" at all. We do a lot of 5 night "short" cruises (when B2B they're not so short however, lol). Really disappointed, maybe more than I should be, but that's the way I feel.

RCI getting "lazy" or what!?

We were on the Transatlantic and the first 5 day. They had both Quest and Love and Marriage on the TA so think it must be something to do with the shorter cruises.

As an aside though, it's about time they thought up some different questions for Love and Marriage. Apparently the couple who won on the TA had won on the same ship with the same answers earlier in the year :rolleyes:

Agree 100%. Don't like that "trend" at all. We do a lot of 5 night "short" cruises (when B2B they're not so short however, lol). Really disappointed, maybe more than I should be, but that's the way I feel.

Good question.

On my recent cruise I found the CD as well as his staff to be "aloof" "disinterested" and as I stated earlier, bordering on rude when I dared to ask what happened to the Quest.

It may just be a Liberty thing (the attitude that is). Those of us who have sailed and continue to sail RCI regularly have come to expect these staple shows to be listed in the compass - I was just disappointed with a lot of things on the LOS, and this sort of iced the cake for me.

What's odd, is that when we were on Grandeur (a MUCH smaller ship) they had The Quest, Love & Marriage, Battle of the Sexes, Minute to Win it and more. You'd think a large ship like LOS would be jam-packed with all of these. AND, I would think The Quest is a huge money maker in terms of bar revenue.

I really want to see the compasses for the 5-nighter to see what there is available (if anything) instead.

I sure hope 80's music trivia is still happening in The Schooner Bar. After The Quest, this is a big favorite of mine.

Good question.

On my recent cruise I found the CD as well as his staff to be "aloof" "disinterested" and as I stated earlier, bordering on rude when I dared to ask what happened to the Quest.

That's no good at all! I'll be asking (about both The Quest and Love and Marriage) and I hope I don't get the "vibe" you did. That's when I start rethinking where my cruising dollars are going. Wouldn't leave over omitting some of my favorites but when the attitudes go south, that won't work for me.

It may just be a Liberty thing (the attitude that is).

Well, as I have a b2b2b on Liberty slated, I hope it improves a little! lol

It (attitude, disinterest, etc.) for sure better not be a company wide thing. Will not be one bit happy if Liberty is "off" from what we've come to expect with RCI.

(and yes, I know I need to go into it positive and not looking for problems! No reminders please.) :)

Those of us who have sailed and continue to sail RCI regularly have come to expect these staple shows to be listed in the compass - I was just disappointed with a lot of things on the LOS, and this sort of iced the cake for me.

Again, agree 100% and hope your experience (aside from losing two old favorites) was just a hiccup or something. Hope a "lot of things" are right on my upcoming cruises!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Good question.

It may just be a Liberty thing (the attitude that is). Those of us who have sailed and continue to sail RCI regularly have come to expect these staple shows to be listed in the compass - I was just disappointed with a lot of things on the LOS, and this sort of iced the cake for me.

I was disappointed with the entertainment and activities too. Looking at past Cruise Compasses I can see there is significant difference on Liberty now, not only in type of activities, but also the number of activities planned. I felt that Luke and Cici (Activities Director) weren't that visible.

I was disappointed with the entertainment and activities too. Looking at past Cruise Compasses I can see there is significant difference on Liberty now, not only in type of activities, but also the number of activities planned. I felt that Luke and Cici (Activities Director) weren't that visible.

Wow, what a difference you get from two people. I was on a b2b with liberty recently that include a 7 day med cruise and 13 day TA. Now I am not a rccl promoter but I felt Luke was very visable and agree cici was not. I met Luke at one off the c&a parties and introduced myself (I am a nobody in the c&a or cruisecritic world) and every time he saw me he stopped and asked me how things were going and he appeared interested. He actually studied under Mike S. who in my opinion is one of the best cd's royal ever had. His morning show was hysterical as long as you got his humor. I thought the food on the liberty was among the worst I ever had from royal but was 10 times better then anything I ever cooked. We had a quest, love and marriage, and captains corner on the ta. The captains corner was more of an interview with the captain but very enjoyable.

At the end of the day as my wife says: "someone else cooked, cleaned and entertained, it was a good day."

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Motorman23

Ah yes! That is her name! If we are speaking of the same person, she is blonde, larger bone structure and British. If this is CiCi, she was definitely the person who was bordering on rude when I asked about the Quest - no wait a minute, I change that to she was rude.

It is VERY rare that I have anything negative to say about either RCI or any crew, but I was not happy with my experience on the LOS in many ways.

Wow, what a difference you get from two people. I was on a b2b with liberty recently that include a 7 day med cruise and 13 day TA. Now I am not a rccl promoter but I felt Luke was very visable and agree cici was not. I met Luke at one off the c&a parties and introduced myself (I am a nobody in the c&a or cruisecritic world) and every time he saw me he stopped and asked me how things were going and he appeared interested. He actually studied under Mike S. who in my opinion is one of the best cd's royal ever had. His morning show was hysterical as long as you got his humor. I thought the food on the liberty was among the worst I ever had from royal but was 10 times better then anything I ever cooked. We had a quest, love and marriage, and captains corner on the ta. The captains corner was more of an interview with the captain but very enjoyable.

At the end of the day as my wife says: "someone else cooked, cleaned and entertained, it was a good day."

Mike

I only ever saw Luke from afar, as did most guests. He was present at the 70's party and of course the belly flop contest. Other than that, he introduced the shows. Luke met my expectations and if I didn't meet him personally it was because I didn't make the effort :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, we had a good cruise - just not as good as my other 24!

Ah yes! That is her name! If we are speaking of the same person, she is blonde, larger bone structure and British. If this is CiCi, she was definitely the person who was bordering on rude when I asked about the Quest - no wait a minute, I change that to she was rude.

It is VERY rare that I have anything negative to say about either RCI or any crew, but I was not happy with my experience on the LOS in many ways.

Cici was definitely Hispanic and average size perhaps the person you are describing was a different person.

Mike

Edited by Motorman23

Mike

I was on a B2B on the TA and following 5 day. I never saw Luke around the ship (although in the shows he kept referring to 'when I'm seeing people around the ship') but I found his humour really good - perhaps as a fellow-Brit we appreciate irony in humour. Not impressed with Cici though and whilst you recognise a future CD in some activities managers she is a long way off - if ever - getting to that level. She's dark haired and average sized - not the person who upset ckrobyn. And I know who you mean ckr and she wasn't a particularly friendly one. I think some of the activities team were just a little bit too 'full of themselves' as we say - loved the attention when dressed as Village People etc but not into mixing around the ship.

Have to agree about the food also - some of the worst we've had on a RC cruise and we mentioned it in both our feedback forms, Windjammer was just awful.

Edited by Bobal

On our European cruise last month (Oct 12 - 19), there was no Quest or Love and Marriage. Cruise Director was Luke Arrowsmith. I was very impressed by him and his team. Very visible, always smiling and a good and enjoyable programme of events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'd slightly disagree with you, Lukes team was great, especially Heidi, him I wasn't quite impressed with.

On the Liberty Sept 21-28- no Love and Marriage show or the Quest. Disappointing for us but I figured maybe it was because of it being such a port intensive cruise everyone went to bed early!

Sure hope they aren't eliminating these shows on all the ships!

The more I've read, the more it doesn't sound good for The Quest and Love and Marriage on my upcoming cruises on LOS. At this point, I'm hoping that's about ALL I have to be upset about! lol Reading a lot of not so glowing commentary about recent LOS cruises!

Have noticed several folks mention that maybe it's just the shorter cruises that they're skipping those two very popular (IMO) attractions on. I've been on quite a few 5 nights (LOS, NOS, etc) and ALL have had them in the past.

Things change I know but hate hearing the latest overall "info" about LOS!

They don't normally do Quest in Euro sailings, so it might be that the CD team haven't refreshed the schedules.

A few of them said they were off in December and returning on the Allure so it might be that Quest gets readded when the new team come on