Last minute bookings for departures from Florida - unsold cabin deals??

port345

Have booked quite a few Caribbean departures from Fort Lauderdale/Miami -- typical way ahead plan. However, have heard comments about very last minute arrangements from Fla residents/snowbirds who book unsold cabins? Any details on this - anyone taken advantage of this or is it not really THAT last minute - eg two or three weeks prior to sail.

Thanks to any experienced procrastinators and/or deal hunters.

Port 345

We have booked a cruise 2 wks prior when we were in TX visiting family so you can get the deals close to sailing also

But if you need air it may not be such a good deal after all ;)

If you know the dates you want to travel, you might start looking about eight weeks beforehand. Beginning in August, I kept a spreadsheet of cruises that fit our schedule for the week after Christmas. The prices fluctuated a little bit before the final payment dates and then started fluctuating more afterward. I booked two weeks ago at a good rate. Some prices have gone up since then and some have gone down further. Fortunately, the price for one of our cruises went up after I booked it and the other cruise is now sold out of everything except for suites.

My husband and I are going to try doing just this next March. We have a week of vacation but no plans yet, and really just want to be someplace warm. We're going to grab some airfare to FLL and just keep looking for a great deal. We don't care what ports and will look at all the cruise lines...just to be relaxing on a ship will be enough for us.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are going to try doing just this next March. We have a week of vacation but no plans yet, and really just want to be someplace warm. We're going to grab some airfare to FLL and just keep looking for a great deal. We don't care what ports and will look at all the cruise lines...just to be relaxing on a ship will be enough for us.

Sadly March is Spring Break and lots of very full ships!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums