Future cruise promise untrue.....

Qcruise

We purchased a future cruise last week while on board Oasis as we fell into their enticing offer of an extra $300 OBC. He told us that we could move the cruise to anything we wanted but they only went out until March 2016 now, so we could move it and the OBC would follow to that cruise. That was really the only reason we pulled the trigger on it....then we find out from our travel agency that the booking went through that we use that $200 of this OBC is only good if you book the cruise by year end Dec. 2014. I am not happy that it seems they will tell you anything just to get the booking.....we are now in the position of having to find a cruise that will work for us within the 18 month choices. We've cruised now with RCI three times, and we don't mind obviously cruising again, but please be honest with us about the details. What do you think.....??

We purchased a future cruise last week while on board Oasis as we fell into their enticing offer of an extra $300 OBC. He told us that we could move the cruise to anything we wanted but they only went out until March 2016 now, so we could move it and the OBC would follow to that cruise. That was really the only reason we pulled the trigger on it....then we find out from our travel agency that the booking went through that we use that $200 of this OBC is only good if you book the cruise by year end Dec. 2014. I am not happy that it seems they will tell you anything just to get the booking.....we are now in the position of having to find a cruise that will work for us within the 18 month choices. We've cruised now with RCI three times, and we don't mind obviously cruising again, but please be honest with us about the details. What do you think.....??

$100 of that OBC is the standard OBC related to booking on board the ship. The other $200 is related to their current promotion which as you now know ends Dec 31st. He should have made that very clear if he was telling you about the OBC being able to be moved. I hope you can find a saildate that is workable for you.

The good news is the $100 OBC should be combinable with most offers in the future so you can probably wait and sail when it is more convenient for you. There might even be another $200 OBC offer that you will find.

I would call Crown & Anchor and explain to them exactly what you were told by the Loyalty Ambassador. I don't know if they can do anything for you, but that's where I would start.

We used to always get a Future Cruise Certificate because the benefits were good. Now we were told for a 7 day cruise all you get is $25 OBC plus a reduced deposit. It also used to have no expiration date. Now it does so it's just not worth it for us any longer.

We used to always get a Future Cruise Certificate because the benefits were good. Now we were told for a 7 day cruise all you get is $25 OBC plus a reduced deposit. It also used to have no expiration date. Now it does so it's just not worth it for us any longer.

I didn't realize they had expiration dates now. How long after purchase do they expire?

I was questioning weather to buy it as well now that they have the reduced OBC.

I did buy it, in fact I bought two. The reason being you only have to put down $100 per person when you make the booking.

I booked two rooms for my DH & I and our three children for a cruise in 2016. Total deposit required, $500 as opposed to $1,250. Worth it to me.:p

I didn't realize they had expiration dates now. How long after purchase do they expire?

It looks like they have been inching towards this for some time. The NCCs we purchased at the end of 2013 no longer have this statement in the T&C's:

13. Offer valid only to residents of the United States and Canada. A NextCruise account shall have no expiration date.

Not true! I bought one last week and there is no expiration date.

I just used an old certificate that said a 7 day cruise would give me a $100 OBC, but Royal would only give me $25. I certainly won't be buying anymore.

Very disappointed they wouldn't honor it.

Cynthia

I did buy it, in fact I bought two. The reason being you only have to put down $100 per person when you make the booking.

I booked two rooms for my DH & I and our three children for a cruise in 2016. Total deposit required, $500 as opposed to $1,250. Worth it to me.:p

It is nice to be able to do an early booking for a group and not have to commit so much cash to Royal's coffers. :)

I just used an old certificate that said a 7 day cruise would give me a $100 OBC, but Royal would only give me $25. I certainly won't be buying anymore.

Very disappointed they wouldn't honor it.

Cynthia

I would call and talk to someone else. They have stated that they would honor the old certificates under the old terms.

I called just this week to C&A and they saw I had bought it before rules were changed & they had me have my TA call C&A and 10 minutes later an email from TA said I would receive the $100 instead of the lower amt.

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I called just this week to C&A and they saw I had bought it before rules were changed & they had me have my TA call C&A and 10 minutes later an email from TA said I would receive the $100 instead of the lower amt.

Kathie

Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear they are still honoring the terms in effect when the certificate was purchased.:)

Edited by clarea

Not true! I bought one last week and there is no expiration date.

None of the ones we purchased (through the end of 2013) have an expiration date printed on the actual certificate, but all of them had a date in the file name that was six years out from the date of purchase. And, since mid 2013 the statement in the terms that said they never expire has disappeared. So, while they may not have implemented an expiration date yet, they've set up the system in such a way that they can end date a certificate whenever they choose to do so with complete impunity.

.....we are now in the position of having to find a cruise that will work for us within the 18 month choices.
No, you're not stuck with that choice. You can book the cruise and then cancel -- and receive a full refund, which exactly what I'd do.

This future cruise thing used to be an okay deal, but now the reward is not worth the time it takes to purchase the certificate during your cruise.

None of the ones we purchased (through the end of 2013) have an expiration date printed on the actual certificate, but all of them had a date in the file name that was six years out from the date of purchase. And, since mid 2013 the statement in the terms that said they never expire has disappeared. So, while they may not have implemented an expiration date yet, they've set up the system in such a way that they can end date a certificate whenever they choose to do so with complete impunity.

The only date my has is the date that we purchased it, no file date.

It states,

Please note, this is a generic booking that will remain "Open" until you decide on your preferences.

That sounds to me like no expiration. Actually I really don't worry about expiration because I will use it in the next year anyway. I would hope to think that they would not put an expiration date on it, seeing that is my $200 that they are holding. The only way they would get away with a expiration date would be refunding the amount paid.

My understanding is that you get the full value of $100 for a 7 niter, if associated to a booking on board.

Hello Everyone:

If you only have a 5 night cruise on a 2013 pre cruise certificate, is that where the only $25 on board credit is still in place? Thanks

Yes, you should get $25 OBC on a 5-night cruise with the older Next Cruise certificate.

The only date my has is the date that we purchased it, no file date.

It states,

Please note, this is a generic booking that will remain "Open" until you decide on your preferences.

That sounds to me like no expiration. Actually I really don't worry about expiration because I will use it in the next year anyway. I would hope to think that they would not put an expiration date on it, seeing that is my $200 that they are holding. The only way they would get away with a expiration date would be refunding the amount paid.

When you receive the certificate confirmation email, the file name looks like this:

Bkg: Guest Invoice for Reservation ID: 8xxxxxx ABCDEF-NC 01/01/2019

So there clearly is an end date associated with the Reservation ID in RCL's system. Whether they choose to execute against that date is anyone's guess.