Tell me if I have a good plan for Nassau.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

LaGrange,GA,USA
166 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
My family of 4 including a 9 and 12 year old will be in Nassau in June sailing on NOS. We are going to do the Pirates and Dungeon tour through RCCL. What time will we be able to get off the ship? We are only in port from 7 am until 1 pm. Will we have time to get a taxi and go to the public beach at Paradise Island near the Sheraton? Is that the beach to go to or is Cable beach a better option? Consider time restraints when you answer.
Sonoma, CA
6,667 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Sometimes the public beach at Atlantis on Paradise Island has waves too rough for swimming. Why not save the swimming for another port when you are less rushed?
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
712 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
If I remember correctly, the pirates and dungeons tour lasts 2 hours. You should be able to find out what time it starts, but I think it is 9:00am. Given that, two hours either side would be too tight to make it to a beach. I agree with nancyquilts, save the beach for someplace else when you are not rushed.

Sovereign 2/2000
Voyager 3/2002
Enchantment 3/2003
Serenade 2/2004

Until Explorer of the Seas 2/27/05