LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

Hello everyone,

Sorry if I am jumping the gun a little as we don't fly out till tomorrow. Just too excited to wait any longer getting this started. :o :D

Back on my 50th birthday my family and friends put together a surprise birthday party for me even though they know I am not big on birthday parties. They held it at my daughter's apartment and because DW Marie was acting so out of character that day (constantly checking her watch, multiple calls to my daughter, etc.) I actually knew what was going on before I got there. I did a passable job of feigning surprise. :p

So to avoid any further embarrassments for my 60th next week, I'm taking Marie out of the country. If they want to surprise me in Jamaica, go for it. :D

For this cruise it is going to be all about rest and relaxation. It is not what we normally do but we have nothing but beach days planned for all three ports. In Labadee we have an over the water cabana reserved. In Jamaica we will be spending the day at Hilton Rose Hall and in Cozumel we will be at Nachi Cocom.

16279639472_7009a34f50_b.jpg

Thanks Bob, it should be fun. I get to watch my Seahawks take on the Packers on the big screens at the Aqua Theater. Bringing my Jersey. :D

I'm hoping to see the Seahawks on our Adventure cruise on Feb 1!:)

When we first sign on to this cruise we thought it would be fun to get one of the end Boardwalk balcony cabin so we booked 11729. Figured we could watch the shows in the Aqua Theater and still get a good look at the ocean.

But a couple month back we discussed the selection and realized it was a long walk to anything from way up there. So we switched to a D5 cabin amidship on deck 6. When we were on Allure in 2013 we had a JS close to this and loved the central location and the convenience of that deck.

16280472425_b3ff08542c_b.jpg

Hello everyone,

Sorry if I am jumping the gun a little as we don't fly out till tomorrow. Just too excited to wait any longer getting this started. :o :D

Back on my 50th birthday my family and friends put together a surprise birthday party for me even though they know I am not big on birthday parties. They held it at my daughter's apartment and because DW Marie was acting so out of character that day (constantly checking her watch, multiple calls to my daughter, etc.) I actually knew what was going on before I got there. I did a passable job of feigning surprise. :p

So to avoid any further embarrassments for my 60th next week, I'm taking Marie out of the country. If they want to surprise me in Jamaica, go for it. :D

For this cruise it is going to be all about rest and relaxation. It is not what we normally do but we have nothing but beach days planned for all three ports. In Labadee we have an over the water cabana reserved. In Jamaica we will be spending the day at Hilton Rose Hall and in Cozumel we will be at Nachi Cocom.

From one Bill to another, I'm looking forward to your review! I'll be on the Oasis in October, then again in 2016. I also hope to hear about your Nachi experience. I've never been there, but I have reservations there in less than three months.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello everyone,

when you get time and settled or return can you please post a Compass or two? Also love your feedback on the dining

Woo hoo! Thanks for taking us along, Bill! I've got another month until we head out on Oasis, so I am going to enjoy this live report immensely!

Curious to see how the " new" wi-fi cooperates for you, as I'm contemplating another live report myself. Also looking forward to your thoughts on Sabor-- we loved it on Navigator, but I've seen some mixed reviews on the Oasis venue.

Hope you are blessed with nice weather and calm seas!

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Happy Birthday!

I see you are from Seattle. We are going out of Seattle in June for an Alaskan adventure and find the airfare outrageous from ATL. Being on the southeast coast I can fly to most Caribbean countries for less....

Any hints on finding great airfare? I see the Alaska airline cc companion fare, but they do not have a time to return unless we stay an extra day.

Happy Birthday!

I see you are from Seattle. We are going out of Seattle in June for an Alaskan adventure and find the airfare outrageous from ATL. Being on the southeast coast I can fly to most Caribbean countries for less....

Any hints on finding great airfare? I see the Alaska airline cc companion fare, but they do not have a time to return unless we stay an extra day.

We are on Alaska Air which has a direct flight to FLL and we paid $232 pp. But one thing I do is look at early as possible.

It must be timing along with supply/demand to be higher in June. I know this booking for us was originally a New Year's cruise on Independence but the airfare was over $1200 pp. I can go to Europe on that. :eek:

I didn't know what dates you were looking at but it looks to be about $450 pp in June which I am sure is a much higher demand time than January. Also, it is a cross country 5 - 5 1/2 hour flight. It is only a 3 1/2 hour flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico. :)

Enjoying your posts so far! We'll be Boarding the Oasis for the third time in September, Western. I am SO excited you are going to Rose Hall. I will anxiously be waiting to hear from you re: this excursion. Enjoy, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:)

Woo hoo! Thanks for taking us along, Bill! I've got another month until we head out on Oasis, so I am going to enjoy this live report immensely!

Curious to see how the " new" wi-fi cooperates for you, as I'm contemplating another live report myself. Also looking forward to your thoughts on Sabor-- we loved it on Navigator, but I've seen some mixed reviews on the Oasis venue.

Hope you are blessed with nice weather and calm seas!

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the wifi so am I. I hear there are three speeds to choose from. I'm trying the middle one. [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Bill ~ Great minds think alike! We are doing the same cruise in May, with an OTW cabana n Labadee and Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. We haven't commtted to Jamaica yet, but I was thnking of Hilton Rose Hall. Did you book that through the ship or are you dong it on your own? Oh...and we are booked in 11329. I figure I wll walk off theose calories from the new Dog House that I am likely to consume!:D

Like you, we are usually on the go on our cruises, but on this one we decided it was going to be all about relaxation. I am eagerly looking forward to cruising along with you from my easy chair.:cool:

Hi Bill ~ Great minds think alike! We are doing the same cruise in May, with an OTW cabana n Labadee and Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. We haven't commtted to Jamaica yet, but I was thnking of Hilton Rose Hall. Did you book that through the ship or are you dong it on your own? Oh...and we are booked in 11329. I figure I wll walk off theose calories from the new Dog House that I am likely to consume!:D

Like you, we are usually on the go on our cruises, but on this one we decided it was going to be all about relaxation. I am eagerly looking forward to cruising along with you from my easy chair.:cool:

Ginny, We did not book Rose Hall through the ship. We used the resort for a day site (hope it was ok to say that. :o).

Checked into our flights, we are on Alaska Air leaving around 8:30 in the morning. We'll get in about dinner time to Ft Lauderdale.

Once again TSA is keeping up the running joke of just granting one of us TSA PreCheck, not both of us. They have done this for just about every flight we have been on since they started this process. It alternates back and forth between Marie and I. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday, Bill, I know you will love being in your 60's! :rolleyes: :D What a great to celebrate!

On the wifi so am I. I hear there are three speeds to choose from. I'm trying the middle one. [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I used the middle speed for WIFI connection on Allure last month and it was very fast. As fast as I get here at home, in fact. I LOVED it, and now I'm spoiled. It should be fast enough to do your live thread with no problems. I look forward to your live posts.

Bon Voyage :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Happy to hear are you doing a review. It will be fun to read when we get back. Our family will be on the boat with you, but we are not getting into Fort Lauderdale until Saturday. Living on the edge this time.:eek:

I will be sure to do a short review when we get back. We are a bit nervous as we became quite accustomed to Adventure and love the So.Carib., but excited to try Oasis. We will be at Nachi Cocum, too! You might notice us as we are an adoptive family of 3. Daughter is ethnic Chinese. We are ethnic various Caucasian.

Cheers,

Koohiichan