Review of Vision of the Seas. Jan 10th-17th 2015

MikeACY

We just got back from our 7 day cruise. There are many post here about what the ship is like...so I will try to make it short and give you my personal pro's and con's.

Pro's: Embankment easy. The ship is clean, well kept and well decorated.

Our dinner/food was the best I ever had on a cruise.. all sorts of steaks, seafood, chicken etc cooked to perfection! Our waiters, Juan/Freddy were the best! Coffee was hot! Staff very friendly.

Con's: The food at the buffet was warm to cold. The shows/cruise director weren't at all that entertaining. Having some shows in the tight atrium was simply a stupid idea...not enough room, not enough chairs to accommodate the passengers. The sinks in our bathrooms had very very little water pressure..and this wasn't just in my room, it was a complaint heard around the ship. The showers, although very small, water pressure was fine. But there is no liquid soap in the showers--bars provided...no shampoo...you have to ask your room steward. The rooms are smaller then on most other cruise lines. There is no refrigerator in the room. The pizza/ice cream wasn't 24 hours. When it was open, the pizza was located in the solarium pool area. Although the seas weren't at all that rough, this ship rocked more then I have experienced on other ships with the same sea conditions..and I have been on over 20 cruises.

Some people complained that during dinner, the waiters didn't entertain us (singing/dancing) as on other cruises. The Captain said this was a change RCCL made a few months earlier, and in February company policy dictates he will not be allowed to make any daily announcements either because people felt it was interfering with activities...not a big deal to me but I thought I would mention it.

RCCL offers a nice cruise for the buck, and any cruise is great no matter what the pro's and con's are...and having tried RCCL 3 times out of my 20 cruises, I'm sure RCCL will not be my first choice in the future.

Thanks for posting your review.

Silly question - we are taking our adult kids on their first cruise and thought they might enjoy the surprise towel animals. Do they still have them?

Also, do you recall if there was a 'White' disco type party, where everyone wears white, they have a black light and flashing accessories?

Thanks for posting your review.

Silly question - we are taking our adult kids on their first cruise and thought they might enjoy the surprise towel animals. Do they still have them?

Also, do you recall if there was a 'White' disco type party, where everyone wears white, they have a black light and flashing accessories?

Yes, we had a towel animal almost every night waiting for us in our cabin...BUT that being said, two other couples we were traveling with on different sections on the boat didn't get an animal every night.

Yes they still had the White Disco Party...it was the only party they had on the outside deck with lights and accessories. However for some reason hardly anyone attended. It started around 11pm. Maybe because they didn't offer any food (not that we needed anymore...lol)

Not a silly question at all. If you need anymore info let me know.

MIke

I have sailed on Vision many many times (and loved her then) when she cruised out of San Pedro to Mexico...However not interested on the smaller RCI ships any longer...the Radiance class is as small as I'll choose now. JMHO

We just got back from our 7 day cruise. There are many post here about what the ship is like...so I will try to make it short and give you my personal pro's and con's.

Pro's: Embankment easy. The ship is clean, well kept and well decorated.

Our dinner/food was the best I ever had on a cruise.. all sorts of steaks, seafood, chicken etc cooked to perfection! Our waiters, Juan/Freddy were the best! Coffee was hot! Staff very friendly.

Con's: The food at the buffet was warm to cold. The shows/cruise director weren't at all that entertaining. Having some shows in the tight atrium was simply a stupid idea...not enough room, not enough chairs to accommodate the passengers. The sinks in our bathrooms had very very little water pressure..and this wasn't just in my room, it was a complaint heard around the ship. The showers, although very small, water pressure was fine. But there is no liquid soap in the showers--bars provided...no shampoo...you have to ask your room steward. The rooms are smaller then on most other cruise lines. There is no refrigerator in the room. The pizza/ice cream wasn't 24 hours. When it was open, the pizza was located in the solarium pool area. Although the seas weren't at all that rough, this ship rocked more then I have experienced on other ships with the same sea conditions..and I have been on over 20 cruises.

Some people complained that during dinner, the waiters didn't entertain us (singing/dancing) as on other cruises. The Captain said this was a change RCCL made a few months earlier, and in February company policy dictates he will not be allowed to make any daily announcements either because people felt it was interfering with activities...not a big deal to me but I thought I would mention it.

RCCL offers a nice cruise for the buck, and any cruise is great no matter what the pro's and con's are...and having tried RCCL 3 times out of my 20 cruises, I'm sure RCCL will not be my first choice in the future.

So to confirm there wasn't a fridge in your cabin? Also what was the general age of passengers on the ship? Does the vision have shower curtains or doors? Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So to confirm there wasn't a fridge in your cabin? Also what was the general age of passengers on the ship? Does the vision have shower curtains or doors? Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had an inside cabin on the 8th floor, others in our party were on the 7th and neither had a fridge...

They had shower curtains, but many passengers complained that the curtain stuck to them...it seems the bathroom vent is in the shower and this created a "vacuum" that sucked the shower in. I'm not sure if this was truely the cause, but it did happen and many passengers brought this up at the "Ask the Captain" session in the theater.

When I went, the general age was in the 60's and higher...mostly retiries I would imagine. That is normal for this time of year. I was one of the younger ones on board being 56...lol

Thanks for all your responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all your responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And for what it is worth, no suit is required for formal nights. Just khakies and collar shirt for the guys/nice dresses for the ladies. The other nights you can even wear jeans into the dinning room with a collar shirt....although I did see a few guys in a T-shirt.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for your review...did you get an opportunity to try the Park Cafe or Giovanni's Table or when they say NEW on the Royal Caribbean site...maybe they didn't have them yet when you were on your cruise...we really enjoyed both & usually picked the Park Cafe over the buffet...but we liked the fish dip on the buffet & the red pasta sauce was fairly good on the buffet. Our cruise was on the Grandeur of the Seas...but the Vision is supposed to have the Park Cafe & Giovanni's Table. :):):):)