Singapore - Videos of my country that I made

Iluvcruising2

I sincerely hope more tourists will come visit my small country. Why not take a cruise out of Singapore? There are official tourism websites and all that but in this video, I thought I'll just put some random videos that I make of my own country, so that you can see a glimpse of Singapore through my eyes.

In this first video, I drive from one place in Singapore to another place, along roads and expressways. Video is put at a higher speed so you can see more in a short time.

[YOUTUBE]0nXXtwuAAzY[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, I drive from Suntec City to North Bridge Road Singapore.

Along the way, you will see the Fairmont Hotel (Raffles City Shopping Centre area). That is one hotel is popular with tourists and very conveniently located.

[YOUTUBE]mFKWp88q0MI[/YOUTUBE]

We will be in Singapore on 14 March, prior to our Singapore to Dubai cruise. By all accounts, Singapore should be lots of fun.

Your driving videos don't really sell your country, but good try.

Thanks. There are plenty of Singapore videos on youtube, professionally done ones, if you wish to check those out.

Love Singapore and glad to be half Singaporean (mum is singas)

Visit Singapore once a year for at least 2wks, so much to see and do each visit. So much to eat and so cheap.

Did a RCI cruise from Singapore n back on Jan 19-26 this yr, first cruise and LOVED it!

Emily

Thank you so much...very kind of you to take the time to do this.

Can't wait to visit Singapore a few days early before our cruise.

Are you familure with the Royal Plaza hotel on Scotts Road...so difficult to choose a hotel when it's your first time to a city.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much...very kind of you to take the time to do this.

Can't wait to visit Singapore a few days early before our cruise.

Are you familure with the Royal Plaza hotel on Scotts Road...so difficult to choose a hotel when it's your first time to a city.

Any help would be much appreciated.

We are booked at the Royal Plaza on Scotts.

Royal Plaza on Scotts is quite convenient. The address is 25 Scotts Road, just off the entrance to Orchard Road. It is an easy 400M (approx) walk to the Orchard MRT station, which is located in the ION Orchard.

Directly opposite Royal Plaza is Far East Plaza - plenty of boutique shops and small eateries. Along the road towards ION, you will reach Shaw House which has Isetan, a very large shopping complex. Diagonally across Isetan (Shaw House) would be the ION Orchard. All within easy reach on foot.

See these maps. (screenshot from Google maps)

2bnq69.jpg

Another version.

2u542u8.jpg

You can check out Google streetviews for a view of Scotts Road.

Alternatively, check out this video I made, a bit blurry. At 0:08 mark, I am along Scotts Road, the hotel (Royal Plaza) is to my right, while Far East plaza is to my left. In the video, I drive down the entire length of Orchard Road, to Bras Basah, then to the Raffles City area, then the Marina Bay area, turning into the Marina Bay Sands (which is a newer area), and then turning back to the Raffles City area.

I pass Orchard MRT, Somerset MRT, Dhoby Ghaut MRT, Raffles Place MRT (on the North South Line) and later on I pass Esplanade MRT (Circle Line).

[YOUTUBE]19fYRHPciUc[/YOUTUBE]

You will probably be using the MRT network. Here is a map.

http://www.smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMap.aspx

Edited by Iluvcruising2

If you are staying at Royal Plaza, do take some time to check out Far East Plaza, which is just across the road. There is a pedestrian overhead bridge that you can use, which will make it safe and easy to get across the very busy Scotts Road.

http://www.fareastplaza.com.sg/

Even if you don't wish to buy anything, just checking out the various food options would be fun.

For something local, I would strongly recommend trying Ya Kun Kaya Toast, which is located at #01-16, Far East Plaza. This is Ya Kun's flagship store. I was told that this was the only remaining store that used charcoal to toast the bread. Try their half boiled eggs, kaya toast and coffee/tea set. It looks like this. This entire set (2 half boiled eggs, two slices of toast, one cup of tea/coffee with milk shouldn't cost more than SGD $5).

289frzk.jpg

Ya Kun is a well known local brand and a favourite with locals. You will find that a cup of local coffee at Ya Kun is much less expensive than Starbucks!

Here are a set of slides showcasing the history and heritage of Ya Kun. I had the privilege to listen to the son of the founder giving us a presentation on the history of this eatery. Fascinating!

[YOUTUBE]fk5jQ6Jvy0c[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Love Singapore and glad to be half Singaporean (mum is singas)

Visit Singapore once a year for at least 2wks, so much to see and do each visit. So much to eat and so cheap.

Did a RCI cruise from Singapore n back on Jan 19-26 this yr, first cruise and LOVED it!

Emily

Thanks for visiting and spending time here! I'm curious - what is your favourite food when you visit Singapore?

Cheers.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thanks for visiting and spending time here! I'm curious - what is your favourite food when you visit Singapore?

Cheers.

Roast pork and haianese chicken rice of course :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As posted in another thread, the Istana is one possible place to visit if you are in Singapore during a major public holiday.

http://www.istana.gov.sg/the-istana/open-house

In 2015, these are the dates where the Istana grounds are open to public.

Chinese New Year (2nd Day) - 20 February 2015 (Friday)

Labour Day (Actual Day) - 1 May 2015 (Friday)

Hari Raya Puasa (Actual Day) - 17 July 2015 (Friday)

National Day (Sunday before) - 2 August 2015 (Sunday)

Deepavali (Actual Day) - 10 November 2015 (Tuesday) [To be confirmed]

I have not attended open house before but I have attended a ceremony in the Istana.

Driving in and out.

[YOUTUBE]HKMnHy6RJLc[/YOUTUBE]

Snippets from the ceremony reception where the President was the Guest of Honour.

[YOUTUBE]rjdtYXQPf_g[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for all these wonderful videos esp the food. I have been researching places to eat while we are there for 3 nights 4 days in March. I want to hit the hawker stalls. Any you can recommend for us to try?

Thank you for all these wonderful videos esp the food. I have been researching places to eat while we are there for 3 nights 4 days in March. I want to hit the hawker stalls. Any you can recommend for us to try?

I will get back to you on your question. But first, where would you be staying?

These videos should be very useful and a MUST-WATCH for all cruising out of or into Singapore.

Here is a walkthrough of the public areas of the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal. I also show you how to walk to the nearby MRT station called Marina Bay South, which is on the North-East line, just 500M from the terminal. A flat walk with shelter almost 100% of the way. How cool is that? On this day, two ships were in town. Check out the video to see which two.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, I show you a drive from city to the Marina Bay Cruise Centre. I didn't go through the Orchard Road area this time round, maybe next time . But still, it gives you a good idea of what to expect if you are taking a taxi to the cruise terminal at Marina Bay.

[YOUTUBE]GXFnEcPnyWA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2