LIVE - Couple's Blog from Quantum - Feb. 20, 2015

curryshake

My husband (ftn807) and I are going to be on the Quantum’s February 20th cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, and have decided to live blog together as a couple in order to document our experiences and to offer a broader perspective of the ship and its ports of call. We are beginning to pack and I, for one, am thankful to have a three day weekend before our trip to give us more time to prepare.

Just a short introduction – this is our first Royal Caribbean cruise. We took our first ever cruise last summer on Disney’s Fantasy. It was a great vacation with our teenage sons, but since we’re celebrating our 10th anniversary and aren’t taking the kids this time, we thought it would be more fun to try a cruise line that wasn’t as focused on kids. Living in Maryland, we also liked that we could make the short drive to the port in New Jersey instead of having to fly to Florida.

Things you can expect from our blogs:

- We are foodies and will be talking a lot about our dining experiences. We have reservations at the Chef’s Table, Wonderland, and Jamie’s, just to name some of the restaurants we’re looking forward to.

- We have reservations for all of the big shows, as well as for RipCord. My goal is to strike a balance between being lazy and enjoying fun activities.

- We are introverts. Our goal is to enjoy a romantic getaway for two, and while we might (might!) check out some events that involve mingling and meeting others, making new friends is not something we’re actively trying to do.

- We are geeks. We like learning and we like facts about the ship and the ports of call.

- I am verbose, to put it mildly.

So WiFi package and weather permitting (I have been known to get seasick), I look forward to sharing my experiences on the Quantum of the Seas. Watch this space!

We will be boarding the same day you leave. So we are so much looking forward to your thoughts and opinions. Reviews seem to be getting better and better. Hope you have a great time, good food, good service, and smooth sailing! Have a wonderful cruise and Happy 10th!

Well, DH was wise and did a lot of his packing last night. I was foolish and flopped on the couch in front of the television with a glass of wine. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight! But first, a few last minute errands on my way home from the office.

We're heading out fairly early in the morning to drive to Jersey. DH is filling the car up with gas today because the full service gas stations there kind of freak us out. :)

It's difficult to believe that warmer weather is out there waiting for us. I'm so excited!

We're heading out fairly early in the morning to drive to Jersey. DH is filling the car up with gas today because the full service gas stations there kind of freak us out. :)

I gotta ask - what is it about a full service gas station that freaks you out?

Biker, who used to pump gas 30+ years ago when all gas stations were full service and always fills up in NJ due to the low prices.

Edited by Biker19