Brief Vision Review - March 7, 2015

Background - This was the first time taking our Adult Kids on a cruise so we were looking for something economical. This was a great way to get them started. Since it was a small ship, they had nothing to compare it to.

This review is sort of a mish-mash of our week.

We enjoyed the cruise. The kids loved it and I think we have created some new cruise junkies! They ended up buying the drink packages and thought it was worth it.

It was windy the day when we were to go to Costa Maya and the Captain felt it was unsafe to dock there. We ended up with and extra sea day.

Kind of bummed we missed Costa Maya. We had an excursion booked with Native Choices and already had our deposit credited back by the time we were home. Nice customer service.

All the excursions we did were private ones.

In Roatan we did do the Free Radical Catamaran Excursion and it was really nice. We had the boat to ourselves and saw some amazing creatures and beautiful coral. The crew and owners were fantastic and had the kids snorkeling in just minutes. The food and drinks were good too. If you like to get away from the masses and cattle calls, this was a great time. A bit of a drive to the Catamaran, but we never felt unsafe and we had plenty of time for shopping once we got back to port.

In Belize, we did the Cave tubing with Cavetubing.bz. It was also a fun day with lots to see and do. It was well run and professional.

In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cochum Beach. We would recommend it if you are looking for a beach day. The service was great, the drinks kept on coming and the food was delicious!

We thought the ship was nice, clean and the staff was wonderful. We also had a bit of an issue with slow dining room service a couple of nights as I think our Asst. Waiter was not feeling well. The Head Waiter sent Chocolate Covered Strawberries to our room as an apology. We thought it was a nice gesture.

We did find the food to be really good most nights for dinner in the MDR. One night we did eat at Giovanni's Table. We thought it was very good, but not sure I would eat there again. I think that I really like Portofino so it was hard not to compare even though the food is different.

On our bonus sea day - Costa Maya day - We ate at Izumi for lunch. It was amazing. Delicious and probably one of the best meals we had all week.

The biggest issue we had was with our cabin - Inside on Deck 7. Every night around 2:00am we started hearing loud banging noises. This would last about 1/2 hour then stop. We called a couple of times as we thought it was coming from the service closet next door. Finally after 5 nights of no sleep they gave us keys to a Jr. Suite on Deck 8. I sure wish they had done that at the beginning. They also offered us 20% off our next cruise.

I did love that the Captain and crew were so visible on the ship and loved the show they put on the 2nd formal night - not to be missed. The Thriller dance by the Cruise Director was also a must see. We only did a couple of the main comedy shows and found they were typical. Not great, Not bad. Of course The Quest and Love and Marriage show were funny as always.

All in all it was a nice cruise. We are now officially Emerald so we'll see if we notice any difference next year.

Now the count down begins for next year. We'll be headed back to San Juan for the Southern Route on The Jewel once again.

Background - This was the first time taking our Adult Kids on a cruise so we were looking for something economical. This was a great way to get them started. Since it was a small ship, they had nothing to compare it to.

This review is sort of a mish-mash of our week.

We enjoyed the cruise. The kids loved it and I think we have created some new cruise junkies! They ended up buying the drink packages and thought it was worth it.

It was windy the day when we were to go to Costa Maya and the Captain felt it was unsafe to dock there. We ended up with and extra sea day.

Kind of bummed we missed Costa Maya. We had an excursion booked with Native Choices and already had our deposit credited back by the time we were home. Nice customer service.

All the excursions we did were private ones.

In Roatan we did do the Free Radical Catamaran Excursion and it was really nice. We had the boat to ourselves and saw some amazing creatures and beautiful coral. The crew and owners were fantastic and had the kids snorkeling in just minutes. The food and drinks were good too. If you like to get away from the masses and cattle calls, this was a great time. A bit of a drive to the Catamaran, but we never felt unsafe and we had plenty of time for shopping once we got back to port.

In Belize, we did the Cave tubing with Cavetubing.bz. It was also a fun day with lots to see and do. It was well run and professional.

In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cochum Beach. We would recommend it if you are looking for a beach day. The service was great, the drinks kept on coming and the food was delicious!

We thought the ship was nice, clean and the staff was wonderful. We also had a bit of an issue with slow dining room service a couple of nights as I think our Asst. Waiter was not feeling well. The Head Waiter sent Chocolate Covered Strawberries to our room as an apology. We thought it was a nice gesture.

We did find the food to be really good most nights for dinner in the MDR. One night we did eat at Giovanni's Table. We thought it was very good, but not sure I would eat there again. I think that I really like Portofino so it was hard not to compare even though the food is different.

On our bonus sea day - Costa Maya day - We ate at Izumi for lunch. It was amazing. Delicious and probably one of the best meals we had all week.

The biggest issue we had was with our cabin - Inside on Deck 7. Every night around 2:00am we started hearing loud banging noises. This would last about 1/2 hour then stop. We called a couple of times as we thought it was coming from the service closet next door. Finally after 5 nights of no sleep they gave us keys to a Jr. Suite on Deck 8. I sure wish they had done that at the beginning. They also offered us 20% off our next cruise.

I did love that the Captain and crew were so visible on the ship and loved the show they put on the 2nd formal night - not to be missed. The Thriller dance by the Cruise Director was also a must see. We only did a couple of the main comedy shows and found they were typical. Not great, Not bad. Of course The Quest and Love and Marriage show were funny as always.

All in all it was a nice cruise. We are now officially Emerald so we'll see if we notice any difference next year.

Now the count down begins for next year. We'll be headed back to San Juan for the Southern Route on The Jewel once again.

Love reading your review, was your kids in the Thriller Dance?

What was your cabin number? We're booked in an inside on deck 7 on a TA. I don't want 15 nights of banging noises. :eek:

Thanks for your review. It's much appreciated by us future Vision cruisers.

We were on the Vision 2/28/15. I believe his name is Magic Marvin from Jamaica.

Thank you for that info. I keep a list here on the forum, but had not heard whether he was still on the ship or not, from a recent cruiser on Vision.

I appreciate it very much.

• 3 months later...