Positive, balanced early review of Britannia

kevinyork

Just found this review by someone on the 2 night preview cruise on Britannia (2 nighters dont normally give a true perspective).

Seems pretty balanced to me particularly since they normally enjoy smaller P&O ships. The most interesting quote for me was 'Having spent 20 days on QM2 in January I feel that Britannia is a much more elegant ship and a far better ship for cruising, yes I know QM2 is a liner! Britannia ticks most of the boxes for a good cruise ship from my perspective, good pool areas, plenty of open deck space with comfortable loungers and opportunities to have something to eat and drink out in the sunshine.'

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/review/cruise/154419-britannia-a-preview-of-britannia

Kev.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just found this review by someone on the 2 night preview cruise on Britannia (2 nighters dont normally give a true perspective).

Seems pretty balanced to me particularly since they normally enjoy smaller P&O ships. The most interesting quote for me was 'Having spent 20 days on QM2 in January I feel that Britannia is a much more elegant ship and a far better ship for cruising, yes I know QM2 is a liner! Britannia ticks most of the boxes for a good cruise ship from my perspective, good pool areas, plenty of open deck space with comfortable loungers and opportunities to have something to eat and drink out in the sunshine.'

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/review/cruise/154419-britannia-a-preview-of-britannia

Kev.

Well found. It is a pretty positive report particularly as the writer doesn't like the larger ships.

Well having read that report, in only two days, the queue for dinner sounds awful. I never queue for dinner, is that because we are on second sitting?

nope, nothing would make me book that ship.

Im guessing as it was the first night that people arrived early and it took a while to see them to their tables. We are freedom dining so it wont bother us.

Kev.

Thanks for the report Kevin. I am currently on Britannia in Ajaccio and agree with much that the reporter as written. The evening meal queue has been the experience of some freedom diners, mainly I suspect those wanting a table for two, club dining has worked very well. There are a few grumbles, especially about the pressure on the lifts caused by the lack of a midships staircase and the shaver points in the bathroom which are not compatible with UK plugs but the positives far outweigh the negatives in my opinion. Before Britannia, Arcadia is the largest ship I have sailed on but because of the design of Britannia, public areas are easily accessible and she doesn't appear to be as big as she is. She won't suit everybody, especially those who hold a prejudice against her, but I am completely won over by her.

Very interesting as we'll be on Britannia this July

We did a tour aboard Royal Princess so I know how small the balconies actually are. Having always booked a cabin on C deck on the "Grand Class" ships our Britannia balcony will be disappointing but not a major issue.

No doubt there will be a number of negative reviews to follow. It seems to me people are eager to be the first to sail on new ships just so they can slag them off after.

I have to say there are many very positive reviews so far. Certainly the prices for later cruises are not going down and in another place we are getting complaints that people are struggling to get a cabin.

I think the last week or so has seen a surge of interest in the ship. Which is very odd when one or two people were complaining how P&O were under selling the product. Those people couldn't be wrong ...... Again. :) :) :)

Hi All

If you google Steve Vear live - you can follow another Britannia blog.

Annie

Thanks for that info. He writes a very detailed blog. Cannot believe that the first table he shares he meets people moaning that It is too big! AAARRRGGHH.

Thanks for posting this link. We love Azura and Ventura but we were in the Caribbean recently and saw Royal Princess (sister ship) because of that my OH said he didn't think he'd like to cruise on Britannia. However. the review has made his think again. I'd love to cruise on her.

Just been reading some of the blog and the Limelight club seemed to go down well! Really must go to bed but I shall read more tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the info Annie.

Edited by P&O SUE
Typo

Just been reading some of the blog and the Limelight club seemed to go down well! Really must go to bed but I shall read more tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the info Annie.

Saw Kiki Dee in limelight club on Sunday. She had a brilliant guitarist with her (Carmello). We had starter and main course and Kiki came on and sung 3 songs (including new version of 'Don't go breaking my heart' without Elton who she said was changing nappies. We then had sweet and coffee before they did a 75 minute concert consisting of new songs, a few covers of some fairly obscure songs and of course her 'hit singles', all in a more contemporary style. The concert finished around 11:10 and was very well received. An excellent evening and well worth the £22 we paid. No others were allowed into the venue ( it hold around 150-200 people so it was very 'up close and personal'. I believe the venue booked up quickly so if you are scheduled to be on Britannia, best book up in advance when details of artistes become available.

Saw Kiki Dee in limelight club on Sunday. She had a brilliant guitarist with her (Carmello). We had starter and main course and Kiki came on and sung 3 songs (including new version of 'Don't go breaking my heart' without Elton who she said was changing nappies. We then had sweet and coffee before they did a 75 minute concert consisting of new songs, a few covers of some fairly obscure songs and of course her 'hit singles', all in a more contemporary style. The concert finished around 11:10 and was very well received. An excellent evening and well worth the £22 we paid. No others were allowed into the venue ( it hold around 150-200 people so it was very 'up close and personal'. I believe the venue booked up quickly so if you are scheduled to be on Britannia, best book up in advance when details of artistes become available.

Sounds great !! Thanks for the post. We are booked for the Limelight Club on our Baltic cruise.

Sounds great and having just come back from a Fred Olsen cruise where we found the entertainment pretty lacklustre we can't wait to try the Limelight out