Liquor on Westerdam

Hapinowagain

Or, pre-order it from Ship's services. Check out HAL's web site "For Booked Guests" and they will give you a list of what can be ordered.

I am almost positive that a bartender cannot sell you a bottle of liquour.

We just booked the Westerdam for December. My husband would like to purchase a bottle of scotch for our cabin. I checked the "For Booked Guests" area on the HAL site, as suggested, but only found wine listings. The "spirits" section says that a list for "a cocktail or nightcap" (individual drinks delivered to the cabin?) is available upon request, but further notes that "alcoholic beverages purchased onboard will be held until disembarcation." Can someone please clarify the matter, or assure me that he will be able to order a bottle from the ship? If so, how does one go about it? Just call room service?

Do not want to start another dreaded "sneak it aboard" thread, but we were advised to pack whatever we wanted for our Celebrity cruises because you could NOT buy a bottle onboard. Would much prefer purchasing directly from the ship to abide by the rules. Thanks for your help and advise.

Marsha

We just booked the Westerdam for December. My husband would like to purchase a bottle of scotch for our cabin. I checked the "For Booked Guests" area on the HAL site, as suggested, but only found wine listings. The "spirits" section says that a list for "a cocktail or nightcap" (individual drinks delivered to the cabin?) is available upon request, but further notes that "alcoholic beverages purchased onboard will be held until disembarcation." Can someone please clarify the matter, or assure me that he will be able to order a bottle from the ship? If so, how does one go about it? Just call room service?

Do not want to start another dreaded "sneak it aboard" thread, but we were advised to pack whatever we wanted for our Celebrity cruises because you could NOT buy a bottle onboard. Would much prefer purchasing directly from the ship to abide by the rules. Thanks for your help and advise.

Marsha

The reference to "alcholic beverages purchased on board" refers to purchases made in the duty free shop on board. There will be a book on the desk in your cabin that explains all of the services offered, room service menus, brands of liquer available and the prices. I would wait until onboard and then call room service and order the bottle. The list of available bottles is quite extensive. All of the bottles that I have seen are 1.2 litre (1 quart) not the 750ml size.

Well then, TidePrideGA, we'll just have to *share* that bottle with you! Sailing on the 11th also. Wanted eastern caribbean, but schedule worked better for us on the western.

Thank you, Grumpy, for the excellent (and clearly understandable - even for me!) advise. Greatly appreciate it. Among the things I love is an answer that ain't "iffy."

Marsha

Donna -

Thanks for the link. Will sign up. Noticed a "small world" thing while perusing the posts there. I owned a property and casualty agency before retirement (mostly Chubb, CNA, Aetna), and DH is a retired Allstate agent. Also had a dachshund as a child.

Krazy - Thanks for the FL tax tip. We pay 7% here in Indian River County. Think DH can wait for ten miles, maybe even twenty!

Donna -

Thanks for the link. Will sign up. Noticed a "small world" thing while perusing the posts there. I owned a property and casualty agency before retirement (mostly Chubb, CNA, Aetna), and DH is a retired Allstate agent. Also had a dachshund as a child.

Krazy - Thanks for the FL tax tip. We pay 7% here in Indian River County. Think DH can wait for ten miles, maybe even twenty!

My agency is strictly employee benefits, primarily for the trucking company.

Will look forward to seeing you on the roll call thread - and on the 'dam ship.

Archived