No alcohol in Cabin - How will you get yours?

ga-shel

With the new policy the Royal Caribbean has put into effect of NO onboard purchases for in-cabin consumption, How will you get your ingredients for your evening toddies to the cabin?

Just curious to see, the different ways and how many "NON-smugglers" will change to smugglers now that you CANNOT buy any liquor onboard for consumption.

Please let us know your thoughts.

I will fill baby bottles full of rum,formula cans full of beer and gallon water jugs full of tequila...I will bring a baby stroller full of baby items...pacifiers etc loaded with cordials..Little baby Doe...(baby go potty of course) head removed and full of Bailys...People will be so afraid of my poopalompa...They wont suspect a thing:p

I don't know where this rumor started, but for $9.50 a bottle you can buy on board and take it to the room. Here is their policy from my July 30th Radiance cruise in the attachment.

And here is RCCL's new policy as of Aug 5th

Can I bring my own liquor onboard?

We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases.

This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.

And here is RCCL's new policy as of Aug 5th

Can I bring my own liquor onboard?

We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases.

This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.

What happens if we order a package which contains alcohol?

What happens if we order a package which contains alcohol?

That has not been answered yet by RCI. My guess is if it is offered you will get it. But they could always just not deliver it and then credit your account after the fact. Only time and cruisers who have sailed since the new policy will tell.

Can you not buy bottles from room service? HAL has an almost exactly the same wording policy (although they don't try to pass it off on "licensing and regulations"), including the on-board duty frees, but you can buy a very reasonably priced bottle of basic liquors from room service or gifts for delivery to, and consumption in, your stateroom.

You can also get bottles of beer with plastic caps...I saw several people do this on the Norwegian Dream. Also, clear alcohol in a water bottle...carry it on in your hands like you are just carrying your own drinking water.

Another couple said they packed double the liquor they wanted in two different suitcases...one was held and the other was overlooked.

I got all these ideas from people in the hot tub when we were discussing how we didn't bring our usual stash with us because we heard NCL was more strict about it. Our problem is we like to bring wine, not hard liquor...so I guess we are still out of luck.

I am bringing the airline small bottles in plastic and putting them in my check in luggage. The plastic does not show up on their screening.

Do they screen your checked luggage for alcohol? Is this something new? No wonder it takes so long for baggage to be delivered to you cabin.

Personally, I like the baby idea.

We will probably bring a 1-liter bottle of water each with our carry-on (haven't decided on Grey Goose or less expensive this time yet). In the past we have packed bottled (plastic) water in our checked luggage, and have brought along Listerine, as well, it carried the Knob Creek bourbon nicely.

We're trying to figure out if there is Coors Light in plastic bottles available anywhere near us, so we can help M-I-L have HER beer for the cruise :D

as State of Ohio has half liter plstic bottles of various goodies which we pick 2 for a week cruise (usually Baileys & Grey Goose). We bought dark rum in S Carib cruise, so we have a red plastic bottle with squirt cap that we put that in for mai tais. Great way to top pineapple-orage juice. I put Baileys in my purse, to spice up coffee on plane. The other 2 are in carry ons.

Just thought i would add a little tip. Went on the Dawn last December with my roomate, and this is when i learned how smart my roomate actually was. When we got into Nassau, our first stop was a liquor store, i did'nt know why, just kinda went with her. She purchased one of those large Evian bottles of water and a bottle of Absolute. Stopped in a public bathroom, she made the switch. Got back on the ship, no questions asked about our "bottle of water"......:)

Archived