downgrading from Select drink package

As part of the cruise price we have received the select drinks package and free gratuities.

Can you tell me if anyone else has had the select package and been able to downgrade to the Royal Replensh drink package. This inclused speciality coffee, tea, water, juices and non alcoholic drinks which would suit me better.

The children also receive a drinks package, would they just receive the drinks cup and does this only allow them soda or can they get juices, water, tea speciality coffee.

Edited by debpaytond

Why do you want to downgrade if they gave it to you for "free?" If it was part of your package price I doubt they'll give you something in it's place to downgrade and you can probably get the same drinks in the downgraded package as you can in the one they gave you. Unless I've misunderstood?

I'm not sure about downgrading, but your select package does include non alcoholic drinks and soda in addition to the wine and beer. If you want the shakes, premium coffee and teas, you could always upgrade for $20 a day to the Ultimate package which would include those as well as premium cocktails (liquor) and a higher limit on wine. It is $19 to purchase the Royal Replenishment on its own so if they do not allow the downgrade, it might be worth it to pay the extra $20 a day and have virtually everything you would want drink wise.

Why do you want to downgrade if they gave it to you for "free?" If it was part of your package price I doubt they'll give you something in it's place to downgrade and you can probably get the same drinks in the downgraded package as you can in the one they gave you. Unless I've misunderstood?

Yes, you've misunderstood. The things OP lists (coffee etc) are not available in the select package.

OP, thi squestion has been asked before but I'm not sure that is has been answered. Most people seem to think that asking onboard is the best idea. Royal saves money by not giving you alcohol so it *should* be allowed.

Do your documents say which package the children get? I would assume it is the soda package so no specialty coffee. Juices (not fresh squeezed) and water are available free of charge to all passengers, as well as ice tea, milk and lemonade.

i dont think you get the coffee/teas and fresh juices in the select package but you do in the replenish from what i can see and to be fair one of us would prefer this to beer/wine that you get in the select.

Im not expecting them to recredit anything for the difference in package prices i would just prefer the lower priced package.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently on Rhapsody. Had the Select package included on 2nd leg of this B2B as a promotion on purchase of this leg of cruise. There was no sticker on my new seapass card. Guest Services eventually popped a RR sticker on (for Royal Replenish) as that's what I wanted..... had had it on the 1st leg and made excellent use of it) then Gifts & Gear (yeah I know) popped a note under my door with a sticker with SP on it..... Have been using the RR one with no issue.

Linda

Edited by NorbertsNiece

They said no when I asked at the time of booking. One of my party doesn't drink alcohol. They also said it couldn't be removed. We are however going to go to the desk on arrival and request it on religious grounds (signed the pledge age 7)

Just come off Vision and we also had the select package as part of the drinks promotion. As my husband doesn't drink alcohol we went to the stand selling the drinks packages as soon as we boarded. We spoke to the beverages manager and she "downgraded" his package to royal replenish.

He made good use of it during the holiday with speciality coffees, fresh juice and bottled water as well as the none alcoholic beer they sell on board.

• 2 weeks later...
Just come off Vision and we also had the select package as part of the drinks promotion. As my husband doesn't drink alcohol we went to the stand selling the drinks packages as soon as we boarded. We spoke to the beverages manager and she "downgraded" his package to royal replenish.

He made good use of it during the holiday with speciality coffees, fresh juice and bottled water as well as the none alcoholic beer they sell on board.

That's great news! We have the Premium Alcohol package free next year, but my mum and I don't drink. We're really hoping they'll let us downgrade to the Royal Replenish so that we can have coffees and fresh juice?