Alcohol Etiquette

Hello all:)

I notice that many people save money by schlepping their own alcohol; great tip! Now, I must ask, what is proper etiquette for drinking smuggled alcohol on the ship? For example, I assume that when one buys a drink onboard, they are free to roam the ship with that drink. If this is the case, can I make a drink in my room and roam the ship with that drink? Or does common courtesy dictate that I should only be seen in public (i.e. crew) eyes with a "legal" drink.

Any advice (or horror stories) would be great

Bring an insulated mug. It's not really anyone's concern whether you are wandering the ship drinking ice water or vodka. I'd stick to mixing drinks in my room, I gather that bringing the entire bottle of bootleg liquor out poolside would be frowned upon.

I've walked around on the ship with my personal rum and coke in a 1st day souvenier cup......no biggy. If it is against rules, I sure didn't know it and no one stopped me about it. Surely, they mix the simple drink recipes like the rum and coke all the time in the ship's bars.

When we drink the wine we brought we bring it with us around the ship on one of the formal nights. We always buy one "drink of the day" as soon as we get on the ship and use that cup the rest of the cruise to make our own. Also we just bring the "water" bottle with us in the same bag we bring our towels in to the deck in. We fill up regular water bottles with OJ at breakfast and mix. :) I can't wait to do this in less 18 days!

Nobody will stop u and ask u whats in your cup nobody really cares. I took a bottle of grey goose vodka and a bottle of goldschloger. Those were gone the first night cause we had a party in our room after hours. And I still managed to run up a $714 booze tab.:eek:

I've walked around on the ship with my personal rum and coke in a 1st day souvenier cup......no biggy. If it is against rules, I sure didn't know it and no one stopped me about it. Surely, they mix the simple drink recipes like the rum and coke all the time in the ship's bars.
um, you didn't know it was against the rules to bring rum or to walk around the ship with it??:confused:

Um, what are you wondering is against the rules, bringing the rum on board or walking around with it?!:confused:

Who the heck is gonna obey the rules there's 15 year olds walking around with mixed drinks. As a matter of face last week I had 15 year olds asking me to buy them liquor. It's one thing if ur an adult. But when I got off the ship in Cozumel mexico I seen them at Fat Tuesday's getting served and they were walking around puerta maya with beers.

Hello all:)

I notice that many people save money by schlepping their own alcohol; great tip! Now, I must ask, what is proper etiquette for drinking smuggled alcohol on the ship? For example, I assume that when one buys a drink onboard, they are free to roam the ship with that drink. If this is the case, can I make a drink in my room and roam the ship with that drink? Or does common courtesy dictate that I should only be seen in public (i.e. crew) eyes with a "legal" drink.

Any advice (or horror stories) would be great

Etiquette for drinking Smuggled Alcohol: One Pinky in the air like at tea time!!! 7_1_110v.gif

Free to roam with a drink!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think your on a cruise!!!! LOL ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Do what ever you like just don't drink out of the 5th on deck!!!!! LOL

We bring bottles of booze in our luggage and carry flasks in my purse and/or DH pants pocket. Refill the flasks during the cruise. Usually get a coke, tonic or whatever, slide into the bathroom, open flask, pour into glass and away I goooooooooo ! Who has time to go back to room and make the drink....... I get too thirsty ! !

Mary:rolleyes:

Nobody will stop u and ask u whats in your cup nobody really cares. I took a bottle of grey goose vodka and a bottle of goldschloger. Those were gone the first night cause we had a party in our room after hours. And I still managed to run up a $714 booze tab.:eek:

Goldschlager?????? shiver :)

Michael

guilty of smuggeling booze here too!!! the small suitcase on wheels, i think it is a 21" 2 12-packs fit nicely and bottle can be wrapped and stashed around. lemonade, fruitjuice, coffee, tea 24/7 on the lido deck. do what u like, nobody will care. unless u rip off someone elses booze!!!hahaha. i use the little "airplane bottles" in my purse so i can refill at ease. we spend alot on their drinks also. miami vice is good after dinner in the show room.

DW wants to bring the hardhat with two can holders on the side, and a bifurcated tube that one can drink from. If she pours her gin into a can that formerly held coke, and her tonic in a can that formerly held Sprite, would this be considered in poor taste?

(A tip for this method of covert drinking- keep wedges of lime in both checks, which does the job, but can make you look like Don Corleone)

Archived