alcohol in rooms

tomatopa

am confused. posters mention making drinks in their cabins and having champaign in their cabins. can you take these on board with you? i know they would have to be drank in your cabin. do you take it on in your carry on? is it only allowed at the home port? we like to have a drink while getting ready for the evening. we have not cruised for a long time and then only a few times. thanks to everyone for their help.

Sweetie you can take it with you and enjoy that cocktail before supper. We have on every cruise. Our last to Mexico we had a little blender on the veranda. our steward kept us in plenty of ice. Mind you we only bring one bottle of wine and a bottle of rum or gin depending on the cruise weather.Now that doesn't mean we don't drink wine in the dinning room or drinks at the shows.The important thing to remember is to use bubble wrap around the bottles and put in your carry on bag than wrap in a light towel. You and your DH will be be set to go. :)

The Celebrity suites and CC class cabins have a bottle of champagne waiting in their cabins at embarkation. People do bring wines on board, there is a $15 (last report) corkage fee charged in the dining room for it.

As for hard liquor in your cabin: the best way to do that is to order one of liquor gift packages from the Celebrity website.

According to the current Celebrity brochure: "No alchoholic beverages may be brought on board for consumption." However, many people smuggle it on in luggage (make sure you put it in plastic bottles), and some have been able to carry it thru' check-in in their carry on luggage, while others have had it confiscated. If you purchase any from the duty free shop on board, Celebrity will hold it for you until the end of your cruise.

And then, there is always the old standby; you could order a drink from room service.

:)

Susan

We do have a CC class stateroom on the Infinity in September but not everybody does, so an occasion smuggle will not cripple X. Our last cruise in May on RCI we had a AFT corner balcony and had a little get together for about 20 people with a couple of bottles we brought.We did buy mixers and snacks from RCI and they didn't seem to mind at all. Our bar bill for the cruise still managed to be around $600.00. We did have our 20 yr. old college student with us as well.I do love my wine at dinner.:) If you just want to buy it on board do it. If you want to bring ti they will just charge you a corkage fee in the dining room for wine $15.00. Just Enjoy Yourselves!;)

As most seasoned cruisers will tell you.

Celebrity does not hassle you if you bring anything on board.

As long as it is reasonable. No Kegs or Liquor cabinets.

This is not Carnival.

If you take a bottle of wine to the dining room then there is the a fee.

Be reasonable. Be smart. No worries.

As most seasoned cruisers will tell you.

Celebrity does not hassle you if you bring anything on board.

As long as it is reasonable. No Kegs or Liquor cabinets.

This is not Carnival.

If you take a bottle of wine to the dining room then there is the a fee.

Be reasonable. Be smart. No worries.

I'm hoping that's true because I have a great single malt scotch that I'd like to share with our daughter who is going to be cruising with us! :D

I just tried to give the OP an overview of what the "rules" are. ;)

Susan

And then, there is always the old standby; you could order a drink from room service.

:)

Susan

Hi nu2sea, I have done this several times in the past but no more. Always, without fail it would take about 30 minutes to have the drink delivered and I was trying to get ready for dinner which means I wanted to jump in the shower and not be fully dressed. Also, room service drinks are apparently not a prioity and always came with the ice mostly melted. Mind you, I haven't done this in years and they may have improved but I'm not taking the chance. :D

We do pack a bottle in our checked luggage just for the predinner drinks. We also always bring back single bottles from various ports in a bag or backpack. They never take them. I think it would be just too much trouble for them to mark, store, and deliver all those single bottles on the last night. Enjoy :)

Archived