L-I-V-E from the Vision! 12 Days Sailing the Mediterranean!

Hi friends!

The wifi Gods have shined upon us, which is going to allow me to attempt my first live thread!

After two amazing days in Barcelona, we're finally onboard the lovely Vision of the Seas, sailing off to Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Santorini and Naples!

I'll try to post here a couple times a day with what we did and any interesting bits we come across, and I'll do a full review when we get back! And if anyone has any questions, throw 'em at me!

The Vision is a gorgeous ship and we're already enjoying her immensely!

ImageUploadedByForums1431785395.697558.jpg.24501f3ec3c14b1268bc0b20f03525f3.jpg

Hi friends!

The wifi Gods have shined upon us, which is going to allow me to attempt my first live thread!

After two amazing days in Barcelona, we're finally onboard the lovely Vision of the Seas, sailing off to Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Santorini and Naples!

I'll try to post here a couple times a day with what we did and any interesting bits we come across, and I'll do a full review when we get back! And if anyone has any questions, throw 'em at me!

The Vision is a gorgeous ship and we're already enjoying her immensely!

[ATTACH]349493[/ATTACH]

Just curios -- who is the Cruise Director and the Activity Manager on your sailing?

SO excited you're onboard and sailing!

We are on Vision doing the Med in September. I'm subscribing to follow you along the way.

We haven't made many plans yet for Barcelona or the ports (our itinerary differs a little from your)

We did a tour to Monserrat and it was amongst the highlights of our Barcelona visit!

YAY! Also onboard in October. Can't wait to hear about the ship and ports!

I can't wait to visit them!

Just curios -- who is the Cruise Director and the Activity Manager on your sailing?

CD is Mercedes Lafuente and AM is a lady from Mexico whose name escapes me at the moment.

Female captain, female CD, female AM -- you don't see that often!

We are first time cruisers, sailing on VOTS June 9, looking forward to your posts. Thnks

First cruises are always so exciting! I think this is #18 for is, but our first out of Europe!

It's just barely midnight here onboard, and I can't sleep! The ship is going through some pretty rough waves (this is the worst motion I've felt in awhile -- never been happier to have inherited my grandma's sea legs!) but moreover, I'm still having some trouble adjusting to the time change. It's only 5:00 pm home in Chicago and out here in the Med, the sunset is often past 9:00 (tonight's was around 9:15 pm) and I think that's what's really throwing me off.

The captain had come over the PA earlier as we were departing Barcelona warning us that we'd have some rough seas between 10:00 pm and 3:00 am, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. We're on a low deck (3) and sitting a bit forward, so I think we're feeling it a bit more. They just called an alpha five star at the jewelry shop and my best guess is someone lost their balance.

Motion of the ocean aside, we had a lovely first day aboard the Vision. Check-in was a breeze and the ship really is quite lovely and well-maintained for a ship her size. We also noticed that this ship has a good passenger to space ratio -- we haven't felt crowded at any time except for muster drill!

We didn't see any shows this evening, as we were dining at Giovanni's Table, one of the specialty restaurants here onboard. The service was top notch and the food was fantastic.

We'll be docking in Cannes tomorrow morning and the excursions manager mentioned that many of the tours would drive past the red carpets of the film festivals. Brad and Ange -- we're coming for ya!

We are first time cruisers, sailing on VOTS June 9, looking forward to your posts. Thnks

Hi WC57

We too will be on the vision of the Seas Junr9th, how many in your party? We are 4 looking for 4 more to join is in a private tour of Rome if you are interested.

Thanks Nicole, I will be following. We got off Vision yesterday doing a very similar itinerary but with Venice and Montenegro,rather than Greece. We had an amazing time and I miss the ship already :(

We also had the storm coming into Barcelona between 2am and about 5.30am and it was very strong. We were also deck 3 near the front and it was rolling a lot. My daughter was feeling a little queasy so I got her some sea sick pills from guest services and we sat in the centrum for a bit with some other people. We also had been given a warning from the captain but I think it was stronger than anyone expected. Apart from that we had calm seas and great weather all through the cruise except for a thunderstorm in Venice.

We just got off the Vision yesterday as well and as sassyb69 said, the storm we hit coming into Barcelona on Thursday night (early hours of Friday morning) was rough! We were on deck 2 pretty far fwd n we were getting rocked and bashed in our beds and not much sleep!

Aside from this, we really loved our 13 nights it was an awesome holiday. The ship is lovely especially in the dining rooms and public areas. The service from our waiters was exceptional. We loved the Solarium as it was child free and was a great place to escape the breeze on the deck especially on sailing days. They serve decent food in the Park Cafe too.

The cabins are very dated but u get used to it after a while and tbh we never spent that much time in there except to get changed and sleep. Our housekeeper Ery was amazing - those guys were working tirelessly every single day!

The biggest issues were the 2 occasions where we tendered and there were some major hold ups for people wanting to get off but hadn't booked an excurion - this is something they need to get right in future as it was porly organised.

Mercedes the CD was great, very funny and entertaining - we thought she did a great job. Apart from the entertainment in the theater each night which was very hit and miss. I enjoyed the Motown show, the classical pianist and the classical violinist. Apart from that it wasn't that great, although the 15 min ariel show in the centrum was really good.

Gutted our holiday is over - the blues have well and truly kicked in.

Hi all!

Currently sitting in the Centrum waiting for the aerial show to begin! We were docked in Cannes today and I'm not sure I have the words to accurately convey the sheer beauty of this region of France.

Our tour didn't leave until 1:00, so we spent some time this morning walking along the beach and searching for Leo and Matty McConaughey. We booked a tour through the ship to Grasse and Saint Paul de Vance and it was a wonderful four hours. Our tour guide, Lucie, was a fantastic guide for the afternoon. We visited the Galimard perfumerie before heading over to the medieval village of Saint Paul de Vance, where we had about an hour or so to explore. We bought some French candies, roamed through art galleries and, of course, had gelato!

I'll be back later tonight to chat, but in the meanwhile, I'm going to put some pictures up on my Instagram (nicolesonthego)!

Hi,

We are a party of 2, my wife & I. It sounds interesting. We have not booked any tours yet, but open to options. Our main Rome trust is to tour the Coliseum,Spanish Steps & Trevi. How are the tour stops managed?

....... I'm going to put some pictures up on my Instagram (nicolesonthego)!

Great pictures ! thanks for posting them.

Can you take some pictures of the menus?

I would love to see what we eat for 12 days.

;)

Edited by Bigtex1622

Thanks for the warm welcome and following along, everyone! These are always so much more fun when there are people to share in on the excitement!!

Thanks Nicole, I will be following. We got off Vision yesterday doing a very similar itinerary but with Venice and Montenegro,rather than Greece. We had an amazing time and I miss the ship already :(

We also had the storm coming into Barcelona between 2am and about 5.30am and it was very strong. We were also deck 3 near the front and it was rolling a lot. My daughter was feeling a little queasy so I got her some sea sick pills from guest services and we sat in the centrum for a bit with some other people. We also had been given a warning from the captain but I think it was stronger than anyone expected. Apart from that we had calm seas and great weather all through the cruise except for a thunderstorm in Venice.

Someone mentioned on one of our excursions that they'd heard Captain Lis doesn't like using stabilizers, but she specifically mentioned them in her speech at the Captain's Reception today. Either way, the seas are much calmer tonight!

We just got off the Vision yesterday as well and as sassyb69 said, the storm we hit coming into Barcelona on Thursday night (early hours of Friday morning) was rough! We were on deck 2 pretty far fwd n we were getting rocked and bashed in our beds and not much sleep!

Aside from this, we really loved our 13 nights it was an awesome holiday. The ship is lovely especially in the dining rooms and public areas. The service from our waiters was exceptional. We loved the Solarium as it was child free and was a great place to escape the breeze on the deck especially on sailing days. They serve decent food in the Park Cafe too.

The cabins are very dated but u get used to it after a while and tbh we never spent that much time in there except to get changed and sleep. Our housekeeper Ery was amazing - those guys were working tirelessly every single day!

The biggest issues were the 2 occasions where we tendered and there were some major hold ups for people wanting to get off but hadn't booked an excurion - this is something they need to get right in future as it was porly organised.

Mercedes the CD was great, very funny and entertaining - we thought she did a great job. Apart from the entertainment in the theater each night which was very hit and miss. I enjoyed the Motown show, the classical pianist and the classical violinist. Apart from that it wasn't that great, although the 15 min ariel show in the centrum was really good.

Gutted our holiday is over - the blues have well and truly kicked in.

I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself when I get home.

That's not entirely true -- I'm going to Cancun for a long weekend with my best friend a few weeks after we get back, but this taste of the Med is just making me crave more. I'm already thinking of ways to convince my mom and sister to make one of our twice yearly family trips a Med cruise :P

Great pictures ! thanks for posting them.

Can you take some pictures of the menus?

I would love to see what we eat for 12 days.

;)

I think the menus are posted on the RCCL web site, but I'll try to note the order!

Yesterday was Mojo and tonight was Saffron, I think!