Progeso ruins and beach day

LITAPITA

Hi,

My sis and I will be taking our first cruise this July on Carnival Triumph and will be in the port of Progeso, Mexico for one day. We need assistance in locating excursions that would allow us to complete a ruins excursion and also a beach excursion on the same day from 7:30am, until 4:30pm . The websites that we previously looked at, had excursions for ruins and beach, but they left at the same time. We would like to know if completing two excursions during the day is possible or even suggested. Also, we were told we could complete a ruins excursion and then try to pick up the beach excursion once back at the port. If we could get some info in regards to distance and timing and avail for this port, that would be great!!!

Also, if we picked up any excursions at the port, what method of payments are accepted??

Thanks!!!!

I doubt you could do two separate tours so try to find the one you most want to do.(unless there is a company I am not aware of). We have used Autoprogreso. I could do a tour and then go to the public beach afterwards.

I hope you enjoy.

We paid Autoprogreso with cash but I know they take credit cards.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Yes, I was looking at AutoProgreso, and their prices are quite lower than other tours, so im thinking we will choose one of their tours. After the tour, and we are bought back to the port, are there any walkup beach areas?? We were just hoping to make the most of day there.

Thank you sooo much for your feedback!

LitaPita

Autoprogreso is probably your best choice. We've used them many times and never been disappointed. If you are going to the Dzibachaltun ruins you could grab a little time on the public beach in Progreso before and/or after you leave for the ruins. The bus you get on to come into town from the ship is an AP bus and they will take you to their terminal. It's about a 4 or 5 block walk to the beach from there. But you will be approached by many vendors on this beach wanting to sell you things. After the Dzib tour the AP driver will give you the choice of either getting off in Progreso or continuing on to the ship. Dzib ruins also have a very beautiful cenote that you can swim in while you are there. After a few cruises we have given up on the public beach and opted for the AP tour that takes you to the beach at Technotel. A few years ago AP offered the trip to Technotel with a side trip to the Xcambo ruins but I don't see the ruins offered any longer. They are smaller than Dzib but glad we got to see them. Hope this helps.

Ummm, ic. Would you suggest the Uxmal or Dziba runins? I wouldnt mind climbing, but timewise, Uxmal is a long roundtrip tour correct? Also, how much was the Technotel?? Oh yes! You are of a great help!!!

Thanks so much!

Lita

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to see the Yucatan's most spectacular ruins site, see Uxmal.

If you want to see any ruin along with a lot of people from the ship, see Dzibilchaltun.

You can combine Uxmal with cenote and hacienda if you go private. Well worth it and probably will be the highlight of your cruise.