GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

Hey there good people!

I guess I should prepare myself to not eat, sleep, or do anything productive this week because I have a cruise review to write! I'll be getting to it later today, but here's a "preview" of what's to come.

Watch the video. Watch the video. Watch the video. I repeat, WATCH THE VIDEO. :p

[YOUTUBE]hR8uxBytGo0[/YOUTUBE]

In case you can't get in to play in this window, here's the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8uxBytGo0

Stay tuned! :D

Edited by gapearl

You TEASE!!!!!!!:D:D

Welcome back and Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Hope your birthday cruise was AMAZING!!!!!

Definitely along for the ride........

I've been waiting, with about 1000 others......:D:D

Cannot WAIT for more!!!!

The cornbread saga continues......:eek::eek:

Hey there good people!

I guess I should prepare myself to not eat, sleep, or do anything productive this week because I have a cruise review to write! I'll be getting to it later today, but here's a "preview" of what's to come.

Watch the video. Watch the video. Watch the video. I repeat, WATCH THE VIDEO. :p

[YOUTUBE]hR8uxBytGo0[/YOUTUBE]

In case you can't get in to play in this window, here's the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8uxBytGo0

Stay tuned! :D

OMG if this video is any indication to how good this review is going to be - I'm in! :D Can't wait to follow along! And Happy Belated Birthday!

Abracadabra, hocus pocus, bibbidi bobbidi boo, pull a rabbit out of hat, it's time for some Magic!

ee4c8d78-4916-4dcd-b945-7d6d5a4ac126_zpsxljoihhh.jpg

Carnival Magic, that is! I have to say that this was a REALLY fun cruise. I take a birthday trip every year (past trips have included Hawaii, Vegas, and Punta Cana), but this was my first time celebrating my special day of June 19 on a ship. Welcome back to all the repeat readers of my reviews. To those of you who have no idea who I am, whether you're new to CC or maybe have been living in the wilderness of the Serengeti the last couple of years, allow me to introduce myself.

750966df-319b-4b8a-b33d-96dc9ecee654_zpsxsn67fh6.jpg

My name is Kimberly, and if you haven't figured it out yet, I live in Georgia. Traveling is literally 100% of my life as I work as a flight attendant and take A LOT of vacations. This was trip #3 for me this year. I won't name my airline on here (it falls somewhere on the list between Air Tahiti and Yemen Airways), but if you ever see me on your plane, tell me you read my review and maybe I'll sling you an extra bag of peanuts. lol :p Even though I look really young (so I've been told), I turned 35 on this cruise. This was my 13th time sailing Carnival. To those of you who have been asking for a travel blog from me, I was hoping to have it done before this review, but it's only about 75% finished. It's getting there I promise! And for those of you who have asked over the years and might be wondering if I've found love yet, the answer is still no. Single and holding for 5 years now. I got 99 problems but.... Nope, just got the 99 problems.

I had three traveling companions this trip. No one wanted their pictures posted, not even on FB, so I'll respect their wishes and not post any of them. However let me give a quick introduction of them as well.

My mom- She's a retired teacher from Memphis and this was her 4th Carnival cruise. She finally got her gold card! After keeping her anonymous in the first two reviews where I traveled her, I finally included pictures of her in my Breeze review. She was pretty adamant about not posting anything of her at all this time, so I won't. Unfortunately she got the dates wrong of when we due to set sail and would have to miss a church program where she was the chairperson. She didn't realize this until a few weeks before leaving. Unlike her daughter, my mother never uses bad words or swears, but I'm sure she wanted to when I told her she had to fly out on June 13, not the following week. She kept it secret from the whole church except the pastor and maybe 1 or 2 other people, and this will be significant a little later.

JJ- This is my 18 year old cousin from Dallas. She graduated from high school just before the cruise and will be headed to The University of Houston this fall with 47 credits already under her belt. This is her first cruise, first lengthy vacation, and first time leaving the country.

CJ- She's JJ's mom also coming from Dallas. Although she's not a blood relative (JJ is related by her father), she's still family. CJ has been unable to work for the last few years because of an illness that left her partially disabled, and there were a few times on the cruise when she needed special assistance from Carnival. This was also her first cruise and first time leaving the country.

Ok, so now that you know the full cast of this story, here's our originally itinerary. It ended up getting reversed because of Tropical Storm Bill, which now would have me in Cozumel on my birthday instead of at sea. Oh boy! :D I'll post the revised one a little later.

c5caeb22-2b66-4021-a0a8-b50ecbbca4c6_zpsmsfeupv1.jpg

Really Carnival? That countdown clock tho!

image.jpg1_zpsuq20wmpj.jpg

About my reviews- they are long, very detailed, and VERY PICTURE HEAVY. This will not be a short "I had fun, the crew were great" review. If it was in front of me at any point, chances are good I have a picture of it. Also these trip reports are very time consuming to put together, so please be patient with me as each cruise day's post of sorting, editing, and uploading pictures, writing, posting on here, and responding to comments can take a full day. Don't expect this to get done overnight.

Those of you still here for the ride, enjoy!

Edited by gapearl