Serenade 11/27 weather and cabin #

I am considering booking on the 11/27 sailing but wanted to know others who have cruised in late November as to how the weather is in the southern caribbean..

Also Has anyone staryed in 8590? Does it have a view of the lifeboats???

Went on Serenade last Christmas. The weather was GREAT!! It was approximately 85 degrees each day with an occasional passing shower.

Inspiration 6/96, 12/01
Carnival Destiny 7/97, 11/00
Rhapsody of the Seas 11/98
Norwegian Sea 7/00
Norwegian Star 6/02
Paradise 11/02
Sovereign of the Seas 8/03
Serenade of the Seas 12/03

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] until Carnival Triumph 8/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;21;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] until Adventure of the Seas 11/04

Sailed Serenade last year week of 11/15.... Had great weather, the week before they had terrible weather.

It was very hot and humid high 80s and low 90s. Had showers at night a few nights very late though, while we were asleep.

We're sailing on the Serenade 1/29/05...anyone have their Compasses? Or know a website. I've tried all the websites and can't find any.

Everyone says this ship is great but very little is written.

I got the Adventure Compasses before our last cruise and it was great. I know it changes a little but it sure helped. Gets the hubby excited.

Thanks.

We had a great time.... We're going again this year on 11/13.

The ship is beautiful (or at least it was when we went).... Lots of sparkling glass everywhere. They were polishing and painting it every day.

I have all the compasses.... What do you want to know? I also have pictures.

We always enjoy looking at the Compass before we go so we can kind of plan things. Do you have the smaller version of the compass? The larger pages usually contain a lot of fluff. We talked several couples into trying out RCCL and coming with us and just would like to show them the possible activities.

Do they still have the basketball tournament? It doesn't look like the Serenade's basketball court is as big as the AOS?

Do they have a 50's sock hop or a Dancing Thru the Decades dance? Do they have the hula hoop contests?

Do they have the trivia games in the schooner bar every night before dinner? We have early seating.

Do they have dancing after early seating if you choose not to see one of the evening shows?

I could give you a fax # or an email address.

Thanks.

Kitty-

You made my day! Just the thought that you might have some of the compasses.

I save them from our cruises and make copies immediately. Then I use the originals in a scrapbook of that particular cruise. The scrapbooks are wonderful for looking back at the cruise and remembering and for showing new cruisers how much fun they can be. I also write to all the islands (via email) and ask for brochures of their country and cut them up and use them in my scrapbooks also.

So the ship was beautiful?

Can's wait--only 260 days now.

Thanks so much for looking.

• 5 weeks later...
Okay, I'm going to ask a really dumb question... but what is a Compass?

RCI Serenade of the Seas 1/29/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?srgb=00ff00&dd=cd&trgb=ffffff&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;1;29;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500&ft=5&frgb=da70d6[/img]

Dear Planetsis

The Compass is the daily activity sheet for you cruise. Each night one is left on your bed when your stateroom attendant makes up the bed and leaves the chocolate on the pillow.

It tells you what time the shows start, what time we are arriving into port, etc. What's on sale at the shops is also listed...just great info that you need to know.

Usually I can find a website that has one but for some reason for this ship no one has posted them. You don't have to have them...they are just interesting to look at and they help plan your activities for the week.

I've tried [url="http://www.cruiseclues.com"]www.cruiseclues.com[/url] but they aren't listed there.

Ah, okay. Now I know. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I think it'd be interesting to look one over before going on the cruise as well. If someone happens to find one for you, could you let us know here?

RCI Serenade of the Seas 1/29/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?srgb=00ff00&dd=cd&trgb=ffffff&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;1;29;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500&ft=5&frgb=da70d6[/img]

We're in cabin 8590 for the 10/7/04 Hawaii cruise. Hopefully the view is not obstructed.

Please reply if you have any information on this cabin location.

Sue
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;7;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
Serenade of the Seas 10/7/04
Carnival Legend 3/4/04
Monarch of the Seas 11/17/03
Star Princess 8/22/03
Star Princess 3/13/03
Vision of the Seas 10/28/02
Vision of the Seas 5/5/02
Voyageur of the Seas 10/15/00
Viking Serenade 9/10/99
Legend of the Seas 10/21/98
Rhapsody of the Seas 6/7/97
Legend of the Seas 4/10/96