Disembark at Skjolden

Hi, we're on Azura in a few weeks and we call at Skjolden. We missed the organised excursion we would have gone on, but I've found one we can book ourselves, but I need to know roughly what time we can get off the ship. Has anyone stopped at Skjolden? rough idea on time for us to get off if we're not doing a P&0 excursion?

Thanks

Hi, we're on Azura in a few weeks and we call at Skjolden. We missed the organised excursion we would have gone on, but I've found one we can book ourselves, but I need to know roughly what time we can get off the ship. Has anyone stopped at Skjolden? rough idea on time for us to get off if we're not doing a P&0 excursion?

Thanks

I don't know exactly but I can tell you next week when we are back as we leave on Saturday for our fjords cruise.

We did the Azura fjords cruise a few weeks ago and had booked the morning half day trip along the fjord with a ferry ride and visit to wonderful old stave church. I think we were off the ship by 830am. Then we had half a day left to explore - Skjolden itself isn't very big, just a couple of pubs, cafe, local shop and tourist office, but some easy walks and farm tearoom en route. So with a lot of visitors meandering around, it's quite busy. You can book by the tourist office for llama walking, which is apparently great fun! There's also a RIB ride at the small harbour that people just book on the day - always great fun and super way to see the fjord, plus the one we saw depart plays Grieg loudly on board and as it reaches a crescendo, the boat really takes off! Great fun to watch too. So hope you enjoy an excursion or decide to do your own thing. Norway is so beautiful.

Thanks

We were in skjolden in May and dock at about 8:30 and sailed at 5pm but booked an afternoon excursion but with p&o and were back at about half 3. We just spent the morning around skjolden and just feeling gobsmacked on the views.

We did the Azura fjords cruise a few weeks ago and had booked the morning half day trip along the fjord with a ferry ride and visit to wonderful old stave church. I think we were off the ship by 830am. Then we had half a day left to explore - Skjolden itself isn't very big, just a couple of pubs, cafe, local shop and tourist office, but some easy walks and farm tearoom en route. So with a lot of visitors meandering around, it's quite busy. You can book by the tourist office for llama walking, which is apparently great fun! There's also a RIB ride at the small harbour that people just book on the day - always great fun and super way to see the fjord, plus the one we saw depart plays Grieg loudly on board and as it reaches a crescendo, the boat really takes off! Great fun to watch too. So hope you enjoy an excursion or decide to do your own thing. Norway is so beautiful.

Think this is the RIB we're going to book! Okay, feeling confident we'll be off by 10am then!