In-Cabin Liquor Consumption

I haven't seen any new posts for several days concerning the Royal Caribbean rule change on buying liquor by the bottle for in-cabin consumption. Is the new rule being enforced?

We're sailing next Friday and I'm wondering whether I need to pack a bottle or two. We've booked this great aft junior suite with a large balcony (8086 on the Grandeur) and we would like to host a cocktail party or two. Now I'm not sure if we can. Can you order cocktails through room service now?

Can anyone who has just returned from a cruise let us know what's happening?

Thanks.

Yes, it is being enforced.

Yes, you can buy cocktails through room service.

Yes, you can try and put some through in your checked bags.

Thanks for the quick response Trina. Just out of curiosity, which ship were you on? Were room service prices the same as the lounge prices?

Adam-let me know how your cocktail party works out. I would like to have

one as well-(we're in 8586 aft on 12/10) It's hard to tell how many can get

in there, but we'll have GREAT balconies:)

I'm bringing my own stuff too, probably just rum.

I'm new to this topic. Is the reason that RCCL is refusing alcohol in the rooms somehow connected to the incident that occurred on the Brilliance? Or is it simply a profit maximization issue?

If its the former, it would be a shame that one freak incident changed it for everyone. I used to enjoy going to the duty free shop and buying a bottle of scotch for the room.

Hi LDR - That's cool :cool: - we have the same cabin except yours is on the starboard side.

After we get back I'll let you know how it worked out. Really looking forward to the big balcony. Hope it will be adequate to accomodate our 8 dining room table mates.

Adam:

Take good care of that room: I am booked on it for April 29th, 2006 for the one way New Orleans-San Juan. But I can tell you, I already had one of those balconies on the Rhapsody and they are huge! We had 2 lounge chairs, a regular table (not the small one they put on the other balconies) and more than 5 chairs and there was still PLENTY of space to move around. When some people went to a similar party we had on our balcony, they said our balcony was bigger than their room and the worse part, it was true!

Enjoy it!

Andres

Does anyone know if this affects the Royal Suite getting free bottles in the room? I am curious as well, as I hope to have a few parties myself in October on Jewel....
]

I would like to know the answer to this question too!!

I'll be on the Grandeur next door in 8584 on the 12/3 sailing, so if I see them, I'll let the neighbors know you expect them to take care of your room.

Adam:

Take good care of that room: I am booked on it for April 29th, 2006 for the one way New Orleans-San Juan. But I can tell you, I already had one of those balconies on the Rhapsody and they are huge! We had 2 lounge chairs, a regular table (not the small one they put on the other balconies) and more than 5 chairs and there was still PLENTY of space to move around. When some people went to a similar party we had on our balcony, they said our balcony was bigger than their room and the worse part, it was true!

Enjoy it!

Andres

Hi Andres - Thanks for all of the information about the balcony. Now I'm really getting anxious to set sail. I had no idea it would be that big. The eight at dinner are all family and most of them have booked inside cabins on lower decks to save money. I have a feeling the balcony might be very popular!

Your April 29th cruise sounds very enticing. Will have to look into it.

Promise we'll leave 8086 in good condition. :)

we just returned from the mariner last week and we all (3 couples) brought bottles on in our luggage. some brought wine, we brought rum. we got plastic bottles and wrapped them in ziploc bags and tucked them in with the suntan lotion. our friends emptied out mouthwash bottles and poured it in them - great idea! we bought soda in port and had great sailaway parties on the balcony. just make sure to ask for ice and glasses! we had no problems at all.

Does anyone know if this affects the Royal Suite getting free bottles in the room? I am curious as well, as I hope to have a few parties myself in October on Jewel....

We are aboard the Monarch for the 4 nite cruise Monday. We have the RS, so will report to all on our return if liquor is still a perk. We are friends with senior personnel that are now on the ship, and, as there is rotation of staff, and we do have our favorites, maybe we are given goodies or not. I will get the nitty gritty from the Head of Hotel and Chief Purser, as to how they are taking care of the new liquor policy.

The sad thing for us is that one week from now we are off the ship and back home, hopefully to something less than the 100 plus degree weather that we have been experiencing here.

Rick

Rick, Here's wishing you a fantastic cruise on the Monarch, with lots of perks thrown in. Look forward to hearing all about it on your return. The RS sounds very impressive...how lucky are you? Sure do wish we had some of your warm Arizona weather..It's very wet and cold here in Derby, England. Don't know if you remember your friend here,we were off on the July 30th sailing on the Legend of the Seas..you gave us lots of helpful info..we had a wonderful cruise. met Runi and Would like to chat again sometime. Keep in touch.. Carol

Rick have a great cruise and let us know what you find out...:cool:

Keith and Laura,

Thanks for the good words! We are starting to get excited about this cruise. Although it's the shortest to date, we have my DW whole family joining us, including her father and mother, 2 sons and wives, and my business partner.

Of the 10 of us 6 have never sailed before. This will be our 33rd cruise since my wife and I met less than 9 years ago. Love on a cruise ship is not the way that I would push, however the two of us met on the original "Love Boat" aka, the Paciifc Princess.

This is not the thread to tell our story, but rest assured that we will query the staff as to what's allowed, now that the new "law" on liquor has been put in place.

Rick

Just returned from Grandeur two weeks ago. Brought 2 cases of beer and six bottles of wine in our luggage for nine day trip. Room steward filled our cooler with ice every day so we could have cold Bud with the whispered understanding that he got all leftovers.

He ended up with 2/3 of a case and two bottles in addition to his standard tip.

When we brought on our years supply of tequilla in Cozumel (4 bottles), the check in guy waived me through as there were already a couple of people in line and e knew I wasn't drinking what was in the bag.

Grandeur was wonderful, we enjoyed every minute, and I wish I was back

Rick, Here's wishing you a fantastic cruise on the Monarch, with lots of perks thrown in. Look forward to hearing all about it on your return. The RS sounds very impressive...how lucky are you? Sure do wish we had some of your warm Arizona weather..It's very wet and cold here in Derby, England. Don't know if you remember your friend here,we were off on the July 30th sailing on the Legend of the Seas..you gave us lots of helpful info..we had a wonderful cruise. met Runi and Would like to chat again sometime. Keep in touch.. Carol

Carol,

Don't know if you got our last message. Click on my name for our email address, We woud love to stay in touch with you. We have friends that we met on the Legend that we are sailing with next year to the Baltic. Want to join us??? We have an OS and would love meet you and include you and family in one of our get togethers.

In the old days, we would get together for a good game of cricket, or better yet, a wonderful couple of chukkers of polo.

If you want more information on our cruise next year, let me know, and we would love to pipe you aboard.

Rick

Archived