Princess Credit Card

Two4Texas

I have one and use it just to pay for Princess cruises and onboard spending since I get double points that way. There are probably better cards (I also have two AA mileage cards) but this works for me. When I have enough points, I redeem them for OBC.

Does this card have any perks and is it worth getting?

We have had it for years and it is the perfect card for us. We put EVERYTHING on it and pay it off monthly. You get one point for every dollar spent on purchases or two points for every dollar spent with Princess.

We have used points for OBC, airfare, and discounts on cruises ( I like using it for cruise discounts so that is primarily what we do now).

We find it is very easy to cash in the points. We have been very happy with the card.

Shelly

Edited by Shelly97060

When you first get the card there is usually a promotion to get enough points for $50 or $100 OBC when applied to a booked cruise.

Then if you pay for your cruise with the Princess card, the double points may be enough to get additional OBC. If not for your next cruise, then for the one after that when you will have accumulated more points.

Basically, when using the card you get back 2% when charges are to Princess and 1% back for all other charges.

I only use it for Princess charges. I can get 2%-5% back on non-Princess charges using other credit cards.

I really like this credit card. I use it for virtually every purchase except monthly automatic pays - use another card strictly for that - and almost always pay it off in full every month.

I recently turned in some points and got money off my last cruise, then used it for my cruise and will have enough to get probably another $750 off the next.

Thanks to everyone here, I realize NOT to apply the credits towards the cruise, but to apply it towards the bill, so you get the double points for the cruise.

Plus, for me, the card is unique, with the ship on it - reminds me of my cruise cards - makes me smile whenever I see it AND, one quick glance and I know that the card I'm being handed back is mine.

I was given some points when I got the card, but my other card pays 2% cash back on every purchase, so I am canceling the Princess card after this last cruise where I did get OBC of $100. You need to look around at other cards before you make a decision.

I have one and use it just to pay for Princess cruises and onboard spending since I get double points that way. There are probably better cards (I also have two AA mileage cards) but this works for me. When I have enough points, I redeem them for OBC.

I also do the same. Although I will put major purposes on it as well (my bathroom remodels). I think it is well worth it to have. Love those double points.

We accumulate our points until we reach at least 40000, which gives us a $500 credit to our balance. That actually provides more than 2% back which does make it a more competitive card. If you don't spend $20000 with Princess with some regularity, there are other, better cards available.

We accumulate our points until we reach at least 40000, which gives us a $500 credit to our balance. That actually provides more than 2% back which does make it a more competitive card. If you don't spend $20000 with Princess with some regularity, there are other, better cards available.

Uh, unless I'm missing something somewhere, that comes out to getting $500 for spending $40000 which is 1.25% back which is less than 2%. Unless you only spend money on Princess, since you get double the points then, that'd give you 2.5% return. Maybe I just misunderstood. :o

Tom

Uh, unless I'm missing something somewhere, that comes out to getting $500 for spending $40000 which is 1.25% back which is less than 2%. Unless you only spend money on Princess, since you get double the points then, that'd give you 2.5% return. Maybe I just misunderstood. :o

Tom

We only use the Princess Visa for Princess purchases.

I'm just at 40,000 can you get the $500 without booking a Princess cruise? I have a Celebrity cruise booked that I am charging to my Princess card.
Princess credit card = Princess cruises. You get no extra benefit for charging a Celebrity cruise on your Princess card nor can you use it for OBC on a Princess cruise.

Hi,

I have had the Princess Visa card for several years and have been very happy with it. I have used the rewards to substantially reduce the price of two Princess cruises. Also, I am getting close to reducing the price on a third Princess cruise. Note that this card does not have a foreign currency transaction fee.

Chuck

Hmm - I am definitely interested.

Is there an annual fee for this card?

Do your points at some point expire if not collected fast enough? We do not plan to cruise every year, but more like every second year maybe. We still have other things we want to do with our vacation as well, and not being retired means only having about 2 weeks per year to travel.

And, is this card available for Canadians?

Thanks for any answers.

Don

Can't say this is the "best" card. With few exceptions we have had great service from Barclays. We basically charge as many transactions as we can and pay the card off each month. We love being able to pay down or pay off a cruise with points.

Princess credit card = Princess cruises. You get no extra benefit for charging a Celebrity cruise on your Princess card nor can you use it for OBC on a Princess cruise.

I don't want to use it for OBC I want the $500 credit posted to the credit card. I'm thinking that I can book a Princess cruise use the booking number to get the credit and then cancel the cruise.

I'm just at 40,000 can you get the $500 without booking a Princess cruise? I have a Celebrity cruise booked that I am charging to my Princess card.

You can't use it for the Celebrity cruise but you could use it toward airfare if you are flying to the port :)

Is there an annual fee for this card? No

Do your points at some point expire if not collected fast enough? We do not plan to cruise every year, but more like every second year maybe. We still have other things we want to do with our vacation as well, and not being retired means only having about 2 weeks per year to travel. "Points are valid for five (5) years from posting date and will expire if not redeemed."

And, is this card available for Canadians? I have seen posts that say it is not.

Thanks for any answers.

Don

see above in red

Is there an annual fee for this card?

Do your points at some point expire if not collected fast enough? We do not plan to cruise every year, but more like every second year maybe. We still have other things we want to do with our vacation as well, and not being retired means only having about 2 weeks per year to travel.

And, is this card available for Canadians?

Thanks for any answers.

Don

No annual fee and points don't expire. I am unsure about whether available to Canadians.

Why can't you purchase a Celebrity cruise with a Princess Visa? :confused:

Sorry, for confusion. Of course you can use the card to purchase any cruise :) I meant you couldn't use your Princess points to get OBC or to apply to your booking for a cruise fare discount. ( I have never seen that as an option in the menu of rewards options- maybe others have..)

Edited by Shelly97060

Sorry, for confusion. Of course you can use the card to purchase any cruise :) I meant you couldn't use your Princess points to get OBC or to apply to your booking for a cruise fare discount. ( I have never seen that as an option in the menu of rewards options- maybe others have..)

I was wondering. :o Thanks.