Bar-setup

Cruiser#5

I understand from reading previous threads that you cannot bring booze on board.

With the Bar-setup, can you order more than 1 bottle or is there a limit. if you can only order one bottle at a time, will they allow you to order another bottle while on board?

From what I have read you can't order the bar set ups once you are on the ship for the same price. They will charge you per shot for each bottle once on the ship, so it really does save $ to order the set up in advance.

Have a great cruise NMNita, I can't wait to read your review when you return from the JEWEL.

:)

Thanks for your help. I just called the number you gave me, and they were happy to fax a copy of the price list to me. :)

Is it permissible to ask the price for a couple of brands for a bar set-up? I don't have a fax.

Absolute

Bailey's

Kahlua

Disaronno

Thanks

Is it permissible to ask the price for a couple of brands for a bar set-up?

Absolute

Bailey's

Kahlua

Disaronno

Thanks

Sorry I can't help with the specific brands you mention but when I called the number I was given the prices over the phone. I was only interested in the prices for gin which were either $40 or $55 depending on the brand. I think these prices are typical of those charged from what other people have posted. There is also a $3 set-up fee. All prices I was quoted were for 1 litre bottles.

Thanks for the help! Was that per liter? Will call if no one else can answer.
I will have a great time: $40 is a liter and it's for Absolut Vodka was one of the brands; Scotch: J and B or Johnny Walker Red, I don't remember what gin brands or Burbon. The more expensive scotchs were $55. thank goodness DH loves JW Red. Well he would rather have Black but not $15 more better. More better, sounds like I never went to school. LOL

I knew I had posted this information previously but it took a while to find (it was on our roll call thread).

The options I was given were all for 1 litre bottles (of gin) - Beefeater or Gilbey's $40, Tanqueray $55. There is an additional $3 set up fee. The cost will be charged to our credit card 48 hours prior to the cruise.

I did ask for an e-mail confirmation and this was supposed to be 48 hours prior to sailing too but it didn't seem to materialise. Fortunately the bottle of Tanqueray did. :D We didn't order tonic but mixers can be ordered at the same time as the alcohol - not too sure of the cost. We bought tonic prior to sailing and also at one of the ports.

Ordered a bar-setup in May. 1 40oz Absolut =$40.00 & 1 40oz Wild Turkey =$55. 6 pack Coke =$9.00, 6 pack Sprite =$9.00 + $3.00 setup fee.

From what I gathered canned soda & mixers were $1.50 a can. Ordered more on the ship and paid $1.50 per can + 15% gratutity.

They brought my bottles to my cabin, but forgot my mixers. They finally got them to my cabin. Didn't need to show any proof that I had ordered them.

For all you Captain Morgan drinkers, it's not on the list:( They do serve it on the ship.

Happy Sailing

Monty

Is it permissible to ask the price for a couple of brands for a bar set-up? I don't have a fax.

Absolute

Bailey's

Kahlua

Disaronno

Thanks

I just looked at the fax from NCL and the price for these premium brands is $55.00 plus the $3.00 service charge.

We paid $45 for litre beefeater gin and $65 for litre jack daniels.

This is £20.00 more than I would pay for same at home, but I do like to have a drink when getting ready for dinner, and on balcony in the evenings :D

Hope i've not been ripped off :confused:

I knew I had posted this information previously but it took a while to find (it was on our roll call thread).

The options I was given were all for 1 litre bottles (of gin) - Beefeater or Gilbey's $40,

we paid $45 for our gin :mad:

Do you work for Calmac?

On one post about this subject I read that people have ordered a bar set up and it never made it to their room. Also I read that you should get a email or a credit card receipt to show NCL that you have ordered it just in case.

I have called this number 1-866-625-1159, and ordered a bar set up and have requested an email be sent to confirm it. The customer service girl said she would do this right away. I called back a few days later after not receiving an email and they had no record of me ordering a bar setup. After calling around the NCL girl straightened the record up and said she would send me an email confirmation. After a week or so and not receiving an email I called back. The girl that answered said that it showed that I had ordered a bar setup and that she would send me an email confirmation. A few more days after not receiving an email I called back. The NCL lady said that there was no record of me making this order but after another few phone calls she stated that the record was now straight and that she would send me an email confirmation. When asked why I needed an email I related the post(s) on this thread saying that some people did not get their bar setup after ordering one. I stated I thought it would be a good idea to have an email just in case since they said they would not charge my credit card until right before the cruise and I would be traveling then. The NCL lady replied that this has never happened, everyone that orders a bar setup will have one waiting in the room and anyone who said otherwise must be wrong but said she would send me an email of which I am still waiting for a week later.

I can understand them perhaps writing my email address down wrong but after several tries and two different email address's I would think that I should have received an email. I can understand them being busy and forgetting to send an email but after several times I don't think they are going to send me one.

This is no big deal and I will enjoy my cruise regardless and am almost certainly (not a complete warm and fuzzy feeling) sure that my bar setup will be in my room but I am curious about the NCL reps absoulute statement that whoever said that they did not get a pre-ordered bar setup was mistaken.

Is there anyone who personally has pre-ordered a bar setup and did not receive it?

thanks

I'm curious, along with dafish, as to whether anyone has not received their bar set up.

Those of you going on future Jewel sailings, could you please note in your reviews whether the setup was in your cabin.:)

Archived