distilled water for cpap

PKB

Yes. Order it in advance so it will be in your cabin when you arrive.

Frankly, I find the price outrageous ($4.00 per gallon, last time I checked), and use tap water instead. So far, so good, although I do understand there can be reasons why this would not be the best choice for some people.

If you preorder it and it's not in your cabin waiting for you, either ask your steward for it or call room service. Weird I know, but that's what I was told to do on more than one of my HAL cruises since starting using a cpap.

The $4.00 is way more than it costs me at home, but it is what it is. On Princess the distilled water is free.

This is my 1st cruise with my CPAP so I contacted my PCC and she sent me a "Special Requirements Information (SRI) Form" to be filled out and returned so HAL is aware of the need for the CPAP. I then preordered the Distilled Water, albeit $4 is a rip but oh well, and also told them I would need an extension cord to run from the desk area to the nightstand beside the bed for evening use. They assured me that all would be taken care of by Ships Services. In fact the gentleman I spoke with was the Zaandam Shore Ship Representative. He said he would be sending a message directly to the ship to make them aware of my need.

We'll see?

I have cruised 5 or 6 times now since I started using a cpap.

The first few times I did request an extension cord, and it was never in the cabin when we first got to the room. I then asked the steward and he brought it. Once it was a very long cord, like 25 feet. Lol. More recently I have just brought my own. I carry it in the cpap bag. That way I know I have it with me at all times.

Also, it will depend on the cabin layout as to whether you will need an extension cord or not.

I have cruised 5 or 6 times now since I started using a cpap.

The first few times I did request an extension cord, and it was never in the cabin when we first got to the room. I then asked the steward and he brought it. Once it was a very long cord, like 25 feet. Lol. More recently I have just brought my own. I carry it in the cpap bag. That way I know I have it with me at all times.

Also, it will depend on the cabin layout as to whether you will need an extension cord or not.

I travel and cruise with a CPAP. Most CPAP machines work fine anywhere from 100 volts all the way up to 240. So, I usually bring my own extension cord and plug adapters. I have found that many times there are no available outlets bedside, so the closest outlet is at the desk or in the bathroom. And those outlets may be 120 USA blade-type or the 220 volt European round prong-type. Adapters may be necessary on some ships.

And, I have had no problems using the ship's desalinated tap water, and I do rinse the CPAP reservoir daily when not using distilled.

Ok another question. New user of CPAP here and first cruise with one. Where do you plug it in. Do you bring an extension cord?

Every cabin I have ever stayed in has an outlet at the desk, and no where else in the main cabin. Depending on the ship, and the configuration of the cabin, I need at least one extension cord, or sometimes one very long one.

I carry two cords of different lengths in my CPAP carry-on, then either run them along the baseboard loose, or ask the steward to tape them down. If the cord has to make a turn, and run in front of the closets, then I absolutely want that cord taped down.

I also bring a European style adaptor, and use the 220 outlet at the desk. This frees up the 110 outlet for my toothbrush; so many of the ships have moved the bathroom outlet to the ceiling level, and it's unusable.

Every cabin I have ever stayed in has an outlet at the desk, and no where else in the main cabin. Depending on the ship, and the configuration of the cabin, I need at least one extension cord, or sometimes one very long one.

I carry two cords of different lengths in my CPAP carry-on, then either run them along the baseboard loose, or ask the steward to tape them down. If the cord has to make a turn, and run in front of the closets, then I absolutely want that cord taped down.

I also bring a European style adaptor, and use the 220 outlet at the desk. This frees up the 110 outlet for my toothbrush; so many of the ships have moved the bathroom outlet to the ceiling level, and it's unusable.

I bought a European extension cord some years ago, and always take it on cruises - just for mt CPAP.

Will they let you bring on your own distilled water.

I had no problem bringing distilled water on Windsurf, but it was a sealed bottle. I bought it at a local market before boarding the ship. However, if you are flying to the port, there's no way you'll get a jug of anything liquid on a plane. You will just have to hope you can buy it locally before boarding, or pay HAL's $4 price.

Will HAL let you bring a power strip on board? Both my wife and I have CPAPs and if there is only one outlet then I don't know where we will plug our other one into :(

I brought a 20 ft US extension cord, with a US to European adapter (female US blades to round European male prongs). I plugged it into the 220 volt outlet at the desk, and then I had a 3-way cube tap on the other end, bedside. I could plug in my CPAP and my laptop charger. I'm sure you could plug both CPAP's into a 3-way cube tap. And if you can get an extension cord in your luggage, you certainly can also get a little 3-way cube tap, available at any hardware store. Why carry a big, heavy plug strip ? A cube tap is smaller than your computer mouse.