Britannia cabins

Whitechapel girl

Never cruised on P&O before and looking at a cruise on Britannia to the fjords. Can anyone tell me the difference of cabins with sofa and without sofa - is it as simple as it sounds or cabins with sofas larger/better layout. Thanks

The cabins with a sofa are slightly longer, by about 2 ft. They also have two bedside cabinets instead of one. Other than that they sre the same.

When we went on Britannia this spring we had cabins with sofas. The cost difference was around £20pp for 14 nights and we thought it was worthwhile for the little extra benefits.

3c5f3078242fc605386742fd8367f337.jpg

4a32a262b1c979a4017d9693ce29f67a.jpg

b2bdd5fafca615ebbcf931ceb60727da.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's brilliant - thanks. I saw some fotos on a cruise website that had a large sofa opposite the bed and cabin looked a lot larger - I assume these may b some type of suite. At least seeing these I won't be disappointed. We normally cruise Celebrity but this itinerary/date fits in with us, although cabins seem a lot smaller but then I don't plan to b in there long.

Thanks Kevin for the info and photo was wondering what the difference was, are the rooms with sofa on all decks or just certain decks? Cheers V

They are available on all decks. Grades starting G or I.

All booked - cabin no sofa/ prefer more floor space!

But the issue is they can fit a sofa in because the cabins are bigger. So those without a sofa have less floor space i.e they are not as long. Plus they only have room for one bedside table instead of two in the sofa rooms. So you wont have more floor space, you will have less, no sofa and one less bedside table.

In my pics if you imagine the sofa is cut in half to make a single chair, thats the difference in cabin length that is lost in those with only a chair.

Edited by kevinyork

Anyone stayed in a B2 cabin on Britannia, and does anyone know the difference between B2 and B5, thanks in advance:cool:

B2 (along with B1) are described as Penthouse Suites & B5 is described as Premium Suites.. B2 is only on Deck B & B5 is NOT on Deck B but on the other decks. :):):):)