Lanyard badges

BmrSoonr

I'll just try to nicely say that lanyards, for many of us are a fashion don't. Do you wear your house key or credit card around on your neck in your town? I'm just going to suggest that if you under the age of 80 - there are so many really cute, small and flat, across the shoulder type tiny bags that would serve you well and if you are a man - then you have pockets. :)

I bought one at Walmart some years ago and found it useful for carrying my card (I attached a plastic sleeve and just remove the card long enough to use in the lock). I don't always wear clothing with a pocket so I find this method convenient for me. I do have a Princess lanyard now -- can't remember how I got it on my last cruise (maybe my girl got it in the Remix center) but I know I didn't buy it.

My sign'nsail card is always stuck in my bra, day or night. I can easily pull it out while my husband has to stand up and get it out of his pocket. I don't even carry a purse at home so wouldn't have to hunt for it if it were stuck in my purse. (Never can figure out why women carry stuffed purses on a ship! What's wrong with a pocket or small bag I carry my book in?)

I always use a lanyard and usually it is tucked under my swim cover up or shawl. Convenience always trumps fashion for me! I have never found a free lanyard on the ship, I always just bring one. I don't use plastic sleeves, I have guest services punch a hole in the card. Even if I don't happen to be wearing it around my neck having the card clipped to the lanyard makes it easier for me to keep track of. To each their own...

Hotel keys often get misplaced or mixed up with others. I prefer using a lanyard. My wife bought me one with my fav college team colors/logo. I wear it with casual and poolside clothes, and it is often a friendly conversation starter about college sports. It has a quick release snap so it is not locked to my neck if I need to use it on my door or hand to a bartender. Easily fits inside a tommy bahama shirt, or in a suit pocket on formal occasions.

Also, if that is the worst fashion error you can find on a ship, you are not traveling in the same circles that I am. I personally never see someone with a lanyard and think twice about it. However, some of the other choices in wardrobe are quite amusing. Most memorable was the couple who wore matching gaudy hand made floral outfits everyday on our two week Hawaiian cruise. Felt sorry for that poor dude every time I saw him...

I'll just try to nicely say that lanyards, for many of us are a fashion don't. Do you wear your house key or credit card around on your neck in your town? I'm just going to suggest that if you under the age of 80 - there are so many really cute, small and flat, across the shoulder type tiny bags that would serve you well and if you are a man - then you have pockets. :)

Agree, friends don't let friends wear Lanyards, or duct tape repaired glasses, or dress socks with shorts, or socks with sandles:o