Royal Diamon tries MSC Yacht Club on MSC Preziosa and loved it

Iluvcruising2

We sail for the first time on the MSC Preziosa, out of Genoa. MSC Preziosa is the flagship of MSC. We are experienced cruisers but have never tried MSC. This time round, we decided to try their Yacht Club product. It turned out to be a wonderful experience and I can't wait to tell fellow cruisers all about it!

I must have taken thousands of photos and many hours of video footage. I am only beginning to process them and I am not even home yet! We are spending some days in London, post-cruise. So for now, let me put up some random videos that I have already made.

Our cruise was a 7 Night cruise out of Genoa, going to the ports of Civitavecchia, Palermo, Malta, Barcelona and Marseilles. There was one sea day, between Malta and Barcelona.

We stayed one night pre-cruise at the Genoa Holiday Inn. Here is a view of the port from the room. I will have videos of the cruise ship from the room later.

[YOUTUBE]2mPSKBlfRSU[/YOUTUBE]

Here was the lobster tail we had for one of the evening dinners at the Suite restaurant, which is a dedicated restaurant for MSC Yacht Club guests. Having fun with my food, before eating.

[YOUTUBE]KQ0ZjFxSCZc[/YOUTUBE]

Breakfast Buffet in the buffet area (Deck 14) of the MSC Preziosa. I went to take this video, even though we did not take our breakfast here. The food looked decent.

[YOUTUBE]IIMfGkDDH2w[/YOUTUBE]

And this was a wild and wet blast I had on the MSC Preziosa's water slide! Gosh, what a ride this was. Glad to have done it.

[YOUTUBE]Ns1ynVRQ7js[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, for the fun of it, here were some pretty aggressive ducks (or swans?) at London Regent's Park.

[YOUTUBE]vLNTOqkb8VM[/YOUTUBE]

Stay tuned for more!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We were on the same cruise and it was our first time on MSC and loved it too. Although we were in an inside cabin - next time Yacht Club :)

Nice! Noticed in your profile that you are from Bristol. Did you fly back to the UK on Sunday via British Airways?

We took the BA flight back to Gatwick and right now, I am typing this from our hotel in London (Premier Inn).

Nice! Noticed in your profile that you are from Bristol. Did you fly back to the UK on Sunday via British Airways?

We took the BA flight back to Gatwick and right now, I am typing this from our hotel in London (Premier Inn).

We were indeed. We were sat in row 8 seats d&e.

We were indeed. We were sat in row 8 seats d&e.

Cool. We were on the same flight. It felt like everybody on that flight came from the ship. (or ships, did the Fantasia come in that morning too?)

Anyway, since I was on the topic of London, I found this Tunnel near the Premier Inn (Waterloo) rather fascinating. I certainly can't find anything like this back in Singapore.

[YOUTUBE]ZgCJkSb_nkc[/YOUTUBE]

A wonderful perk in the Yacht Club was to get a printed newspaper of your choice. We chose the Singapore Straits Times. And I decided to make a movie out of it! Talk about having fun.

Two videos, featuring the Straits Times from Singapore! MSC Preziosa Yacht Club.

Top Sail lounge. Peroni beer is quite common in Europe, but I don't find it in Singapore much.

[YOUTUBE]dFvRwxaPLbQ[/YOUTUBE]

One Pool.

[YOUTUBE]K-vnY1QnCI8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Just got home, back in Singapore, after a wonderful holiday on the cruise as well as spending some time in London. Glad to be home. Jet lagged, for sure.

Flight landed in Singapore in the morning. Went out for breakfast.

[YOUTUBE]ZJx_L1PA8oo[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Finally, we arrived back home on Saturday 19 Dec. I can start to work on the review proper. Thanks for your patience.

This trip to sail on the MSC Preziosa came about sometime last year when we were surfing around various cruise websites and reading various cruise reviews and discovered something called the MSC Yacht Club. The product looked interesting enough to be worth a try, and we booked ourselves for a 7N cruise out of Genoa on the MSC Preziosa.

Now, it turned out that getting to Genoa was not that straightforward, at least for somebody from Singapore! Since we wanted to spend some time in London pre and post cruise, we decided to fly to London. So our route to Genoa was as follows.

Singapore to London on Singapore Airlines. The SQ flight landed in the morning. Then we stayed one night at Premier Inn King's Cross. The very next day, we would make our way to Stansted Airport (via the Tube and then the Stansted Express from Tottenham Hale), to catch a RyanAir flight into Genoa. We would land in Genoa in the evening, and stay for one night at the Holiday Inn Genoa, before getting on the cruise ship. That was the plan.

Everything worked perfectly. I start with the flight from Singapore to London. Here is the flight review video.

Part 1.

[YOUTUBE]pXDcJWQ8iAE[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2

[YOUTUBE]dTI42_FO0F0[/YOUTUBE]

Some pictures from the flight experience. The flight was SQ 306.

fpciyp.jpg

The plane was a new (or newly retrofitted) Boeing 777-300ER with the new business class products, new premium economy and new economy products. I will have to walk through the Business and Premium Economy cabin to get to our Economy seats.

2wd3d5e.jpg

This flight was not completely full, so I had an empty seat beside me, which was nice. More room to stretch the leg too.

2hhnpqa.jpg

Supper was perfectly adequate. I chose the Fish option, which was an Indian inspired curry dish, that used many large chunks of white fish.

33oi69x.jpg

Breakfast was outstanding because of the hot item. The dish had a fancy Thai name, but it was essentially rice noodles, with chicken, squid, egg and chinese greens. The taste was awesome! Like what I could get in a good restaurant. Loved it.

295xvz6.jpg

We landed on time at Heathrow and our adventure would begin.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We landed on time at Heathrow and our adventure would begin.

As a family we have travelled to London quite a number of times in recent years. I also go to London for business, now and then. So London is quite familiar to us. SQ lands at Terminal 2, the relatively new Star Alliance terminal.

A picture of the terminal soon after we disembarked.

2zfsopl.jpg

Heathrow is usually very crowded. No different when we arrived. The immigration line looked very long, but fortunately it moved fairly quickly. I think we waited about 20 minutes in line. Immigration clearance was smooth. The officer was quite friendly and asked a few questions based on what I had declared in our landing cards. I noticed they usually ask me some random question(s). I count it our good fortune what we speak good English and for that we have to thank our founding Prime Minister the late Lee Kuan Yew (who was educated at Cambridge) and his team of pioneer Ministers who lead our little country to independence back in 1965. Being able to speak confidently in English certainly helps. My kids could speak to the immigration officer in English too.

Anyway, once we cleared immigration, it was a very short wait at the baggage and soon all our baggage arrived. We got out of the airport to the arrivals area and our first stop (after toilets) would be some place to eat. This is because the kids and wife would usually be hungry as they don't eat well on the plane.

So we took a nice break at this Cafe Nero, in the arrivals hall (public area) of Heathrow Terminal 2. Had some hot food and coffee. The kids ate up all their pasta!

oixef.jpg

Short video of Cafe Nero

[YOUTUBE]2DwKevCiMvk[/YOUTUBE]

Thereafter, we took the Tube into London. Our kids travel free on the Tube, with us paying adults. Both of us have Oyster cards, with sufficient value from previous trips. That helped because the line to buy the Oyster cards or top up the card was very long! It was just a short walk to the Underground Tube station (can't remember exactly how long, but likely around 10 minutes max). It helps a lot for our family that we pack fairly light and also we get luggages that have sturdy wheels. Very helpful because we tend to push our luggage around a lot. We get each kid to look after one hand-carry and each adult takes care of one check-in bag. Just 2 check in and 2 hand carry bags for the four of us. We each have a small carry-on like a backpack.

We love the Tube. It is full of character. More importantly, it is a cheap way to get into London from Heathrow and it is fairly quick too. This time round, we need to get to King's Cross, as we would be staying at a Premier Inn there for one night. The journey was easy. Take the Piccadilly Line (blue colour) from Heathrow all the way to King's Cross. One line, no need to change. Awesome. And because we board at Heathrow, seats are almost guaranteed. Journey took about an hour.

From the station, again a short walk to the Premier Inn. Check-in would be after 2pm so we were there early (I think we got there by 11am). So we deposited our luggage and went out for a walk.

Our first stop was to go to Regent's Park, London. We love the parks in London and it was good to take a walk and enjoy the fresh air. The sun was shining! For navigation, nowadays I use an iphone app called CityMaps2Go. It does not require a data connection but you have to download the maps of the city before hand. With the GPS on the phone, it can tell you your precise location and then you can navigate from there. Very easy. Never get lost again.

To get to Regent's Park, we had to take a tube to Baker Street and then walk from there. It was a beautiful sunny day, temperature around 11 deg.

34gadlv.jpg

The park was very pretty in the sun.

11j7z83.jpg

The Triton fountain the background.

59x8gy.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to find some nice flowers and green trees and grass in the park. This was December. I guess the climate in London isn't too harsh. Thankfully!

f0aqz7.jpg

Here are several short videos of the beautiful park. Some aggressive ducks showing one another who is boss. Quite fun to watch. They are all very tame.

[YOUTUBE]vLNTOqkb8VM[/YOUTUBE]

I believe this is called the Triton Fountain in the park.

[YOUTUBE]6bliA7pBtZc[/YOUTUBE]

A boy feeding pigeons in the Park. Plenty of food for the birds.

[YOUTUBE]YrHpnTB6ZKE[/YOUTUBE]

Soon it was time for lunch. The plan was to head to a Chinese restaurant called Phoenix Palace, which was very near Baker Street Tube station. The website of this restaurant - http://www.phoenixpalace.co.uk/ This restaurant has existed since at least we were students in London, so coming back here was good. It was just a short walk from Regent's Park.

Here is the video of the food we ate. We had some Dim Sum (including Cheong Fun, Lor Mai Kai, also the crispy aromatic duck, porridge, plus beef hor fun)

[YOUTUBE]8DlvcixF7gk[/YOUTUBE]

A rather large mural display in the restaurant.

t645zc.jpg

A glimpse of the menu.

34i1esp.jpg

The restaurant was rather large. Quiet when we got there (they just opened) but more and more people started to stream in, during lunch hours.

10csozr.jpg

The dried beef hor fun (rice noodles) which was very tasty indeed.

o6ifia.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

After the very tasty lunch, jet lag certainly started to set in! We slowly made our way back to King's Cross station, via the Tube. We didn't want to sleep too early, so we continued to explore the King's Cross and St Pancras station, which was rather large. Many train services, plenty of passengers passing through. This is where I saw this very large Christmas tree, made of Disney characters. Quite a sight indeed!

[YOUTUBE]i_103K4AGmY[/YOUTUBE]

Soon, it was time to get back to the hotel, check-in and get some rest. The kids were tired, and they had done very well, keeping awake till late afternoon. So we made our way back to the Premier Inn at King's Cross. Now, Premier Inn is our favorite budget chain in London and we almost always stay there when we visit London as a family. It is of tremendous value for us because we can get family rooms which has adequate bedding for the four of us. On average, we usually pay around 80 pounds (about 120USD) per night, sometimes even less. After this stint, I would have stayed at Premier Inn for 23 nights.

This is the video I made of the Family room that we stayed in.

[YOUTUBE]3d9X2_qGMNs[/YOUTUBE]

A picture of the bed for the adults.

kc1m4h.jpg

And the toilet.

2qci9nl.jpg

We didn't eat out that evening. Just bought some sandwiches and coffee. Good night.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Second morning, due to the jet lag, we all work up very early, as we had expected. At this time of the year, London is 8 hours behind Singapore. So our body clocks are 8 hours ahead of London time. Therefore, even when we wake up at 4am, it is already noon in Singapore. Sometimes, I wake up at 2am and can hardly get back to sleep.

In anticipation of this, we will buy some pastries (like croissants, pan au chocolate) so that when the kids and adults wake up, we have something to eat) and make our own coffee/tea in the room.

By 5am, we were all wide awake and ready to go out to do some walking, which we did. This is a video I made of King's Cross station, 5:08am in the morning.

[YOUTUBE]OYyMdthuKPA[/YOUTUBE]

Very quiet that morning and we were walking around. Temperature was about 10 deg C. We went to St Pancras side. Most stores were still closed, however, Starbucks was open. Not sure if they open 24X7 but they were opened at around 5:30am. Here is a picture of some Starbucks mugs.

2ih7ypk.jpg

Sandwiches for sale. But we were not hungry yet, so didn't buy any.

72glz9.jpg

Beef Wellington for sale at Starbucks.

33cxd2s.jpg

It was really early, and not many people walking around. Here is the entrance to King's Cross station.

2l9qfx5.jpg

I noticed some people sleeping on the benches at the train station. Not too many, just a few. Not sure if they were waiting for their trains, or they were homeless people. I recall there were some sleeping in the Starbucks too.

[YOUTUBE]j7IVRrOKmyg[/YOUTUBE]

It was early and we had nothing to do. So we decided to go for a long walk. And walk we did. We walked all the way to Holborn! No joke. With the kids. And we had breakfast at a McDonalds at Holborn. The strange things we do. A video of what I ate, some breakfast wrap. The kids had some pancakes too.

[YOUTUBE]ZxEFufeFjbM[/YOUTUBE]

An earlier video taken the day before, while we were exploring St Pancras. Many passengers walking around and noticeable security, which was a good thing.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

It was time to pack our bags (not that we unpacked much) and make our way from King's Cross to Tottenham Hale. Again, this was very easy as both stations were on the Piccadilly line.

Couldn't resist sharing this pic with you of my kids (took out their faces) They are most lovable and obedient. We make them walk a lot during our trips and put them in charge of luggage too! Here they are, on the Tube, with their legs wrapped around our cabin luggage. The adults take care of the checked-in luggage.

11gimqe.jpg

The Tube journey took around 20 minutes and we got to Tottenham Hale very quickly. The Stansted Express train station is right next to the Tube stations, a 1 minute walk, you can't miss it. We bought tickets online, way in advance. They are called advance tickets That is how to get the best deal. Print them out and bring them along with you. We saved almost half the fare this way. The advance tickets are very flexible in that you can take any train on the day of your ticket. Therefore, there is no worry that you are late or early for your train. Trains are in 15 minute intervals, very convenient.

We got on the 10:37 train. The carriage was almost empty! Felt like our own private train. This can't be the normal situation, otherwise the train company would go bust in no time.

2u71z5g.jpg

The train ride was uneventful, very smooth. Here is a video of some scenes at Tottenham Hale station and on board the train.

[YOUTUBE]DjGBxkbBwOM[/YOUTUBE]

This is a picture of the control tower at Stansted international.

2j2wbvb.jpg

We were now in the restricted area. Check in was easy.

24q75n8.jpg

Remember to print your boarding passes in advance. I don't think they print them for you and I'm sure what they do if you don't print your own boarding passes. We checked in our luggage. A video showing you some scenes of Stansted airport, including in the restricted area. After clearing security, we had some time and we would look for a place to have lunch before our flight.

[YOUTUBE]5yrseQjUIZ4[/YOUTUBE]

After looking at various options, including Itsu and Wetherspoon's pub, we decided on Giraffe. It was a family friendly chain and had kid friendly sets like burgers and pasta, which were very safe options for the kids. The adult menu didn't look too bad either. So we decided.

The restaurant was fairly crowded but service was fast and efficient. Appreciated. I had this burger without the bun. Instead, there was a good portion of salad. Very nice.

21mi7p0.jpg

Food for the kids. Very safe choices. They enjoyed it!

xfxnd4.jpg

Their kiddy set came with dessert too. This, they really enjoyed.

2m4rv4n.jpg

The seafood pasta we had wasn't bad either. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Most importantly, the kids were happy and that makes a big difference when you are travelling with younger kids who may become fussy. A video I made of the food we ate.

[YOUTUBE]XxhC1UDSVNo[/YOUTUBE]

Now, time for the Ryanair flight proper. I made a video. Notably, passengers clap at successful landing of Ryanair Flight FR 972 in Genoa. See 6:43 of this video.

[YOUTUBE]BPIuOnwffUY[/YOUTUBE]

The flight was very full today. We joined the queue late so we were amongst the later passengers to board. At the check in gate, the staff gave us luggage tags for our cabin bags and said that these bags would be checked into the hold, complimentary. Reason was that the flight cabin would have run out of storage space. In the video, you can see me handing over a cabin bag to an airport staff.

We boarded the aircraft at the rear exit, as what our ticket had told us to do. This gave me a chance to take more photos and videos, as we had to walk a bit farther. We had decent seats, somewhere in the middle/back of the plane. Ryanair charges if you want to choose seats in advance. So we did not. I waited till it was time to check in online, and when I checked in, the website allocated us seats in a 3-1 configuration, i.e. my family of 4 were given 3 seats together on the left side of the aisle and the last passenger an aisle seat in the same row, on the other side. Pretty acceptable to me.

Flight was somewhat bumpy due to the weather. Before landing, the Captain told us that we had a very nice tailwind and reached about 500mph in speed. So we arrived a bit early at Genoa. The approach was a bit bumpy and when the plane finally landed, some passengers started to clap, see 6:43 of the video. A nice gesture. You can't tell much from the video but the approach was a bit scary, you know, the pilot trying to control the aircraft in some cross winds and you can feel the plane swinging from right to left. Thank God for a safe landing! Well done Ryanair. At 7:00, the blaring announcement was a bit cheesy, but hey, quite fun.

Ok, now some pictures from the flight experience. Soon, it was time for us to proceed to the gates. We were full from lunch at Giraffe, which was good. It took us about 10 minutes to walk to the gate. This was the way to Gates 40-59.

2cymu4p.jpg

Along the way, you could see many Ryanair planes. In fact, this airport is all about Ryanair.

2rm5tzq.jpg

This was the line to board the flight. Rather long! It was an orderly line, so no sweat about it. Just join the line.

izwdis.jpg

This was our plane, just arrived. They turn the planes around very quickly. That is an important source of competitive advantage for LCCs. You keep the plane in the air for a longer time. Fly more, earn more.

sopwcg.jpg

This was the staircase to the front door of the plane. Well, what do you think? When I first saw this, I thought, hmmm... this looked kinda flimsy? Perhaps it was just my own expectations of a sturdier staircase up an aircraft. Anyway, be careful if you have to go up or down this, especially if you are carrying heavy cabin luggage.

2m6lpva.jpg

You can see in the video that the rear staircase was a lot sturdier. We entered the aircraft via the rear door, as our ticket instructed us to do. On board, I checked out the inflight magazine. This wasn't found in the seat pocket. In fact, their planes DO NOT have seat pockets. Save costs, I guess. Rather, the cabin were handing these out, to those who wanted a copy. They would collect the magazines back towards the end of the flight. Ryanair does have a rather impressive network across Europe.

149qiaf.jpg

Oh, this article says go social with Ryanair. Interesting. Ok, let me send them the links to this forum and my video and see if they watch the video.

2gv8vn7.jpg

Other than the flight being a bit bumpy, it was all good. I thought that the cabin crew were rather energetic. They came around at least twice, selling food and drinks. They also came around selling duty-free, and even scratch cards! My guess is that perhaps they get a commission from sales? Anyway, it was fun to watch them in action. After the landing, we got off the plane via the rear door and this was the Ryanair plane in Genoa. Again, the front staircase really looks flimsy compared to the rear one.

2ih5ez9.jpg

While waiting in line for immigration clearance, we saw this poster. Yippee! We were going on a cruise with MSC!

25ez4vo.jpg

By the time we landed in Genoa, it was dark. It wasn't that late, as I recall, about 5pm thereabouts. Genoa was one hour ahead of London, but this being winter, the sun sets earlier. Immigration clearance and luggage retrieval was smooth. Genoa airport was very small. We looked for the signs to taxi, and stepped outside, and got into a waiting taxi. I showed the driver the address of the Holiday Inn Genoa hotel and off we went. The trip was quite short, 15 minutes max, and he went by the meter. The total cost was 18 Euros, not too bad. Anyway, there wasn't any other practical way for us to get to the hotel, at least not with two young kids in tow.

Here are two videos of the hotel stay. This shows you a glimpse of the Exectuvei Room.

[YOUTUBE]EHWkaA_CZI0[/YOUTUBE]

This video shows you the hotel breakfast we had.

[YOUTUBE]Kxjz-EtD66Y[/YOUTUBE]

Across the road, it was the Ferry terminal. Within the terminal, there was a large coop supermarket and also a McDonalds. This video shows you a bit of the coop.

[YOUTUBE]lHAVjlFin1U[/YOUTUBE]

Now for some pictures. Here is the lobby check in counter. The hotel was fairly quiet at this time of the year. When I checked in, the receptionist informed me that they have given us a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room (we booked the Family Room). Awesome! I certainly wasn't expecting this. I do have the loyalty membership, but I am very low in rank. Thank you very much, Holiday Inn!

dnn1h5.jpg

Picture of the lobby. It wasn't a big lobby, but rather stylish.

ajwljp.jpg

The Executive room had a main bedroom and a smaller bedroom, and one toilet. This is the main bedroom for the adults.

1epczm.jpg

The smaller room with a bunk bed. Kid number 2 doing her explorations.

2mq5ana.jpg

Nice chair in the smaller room. As well as wall-mounted TV.

2mcvosk.jpg

The toilet, with two sinks.

35mp26c.jpg

Now, after that very long preamble, it was time to board the MSC Preziosa! Come to think of it, we spent 3 nights of travelling and hotel stays before we could get to the ship. First night, red-eye flight on SQ306 to London. Second night, London King's Cross Premier Inn. Third night, Holiday Inn Genoa City. The lengths we go to, to get on a cruise ship! I hope MSC doesn't disappoint! This would be our virgin cruise on the MSC.

From the hotel reception, we found out that we could either take a taxi or walk to the cruise terminal. When queried further, the receptionist said that the cruise terminal wasn't too far, and we could walk. But if we had a lot of luggage, then a taxi would be better.

So after breakfast, we had gone out for a recce to check out how far the cruise terminal was. It wasn't too far at all, a 15 minute walk on rather flat surfaces. We walked beyond the cruise terminal into Genoa town but didn't go too far. So didn't see much of Genoa that morning (it was also raining a bit). Anyway, we were more than excited to board the ship and we were told that we could board from 10am. So, we checked out and started to walk from the hotel to the cruise terminal, with our luggage in tow.

From earlier, pictures, we can already see the cruise terminal the MSC cruise ships from our hotel balcony. As you walk along the road, the excitement builds up as the ship is really near us, just across the road!

154y5nm.jpg

Cross this traffic light to get to the cruise terminal.

rbma.jpg

This is the cruise terminal from the outside. I think this was only for MSC Preziosa this morning. The terminal for MSC Fantasia is on the right of this photo, got to walk another say 300m. Well, it also depends where the ship pulls in.

sy2gdi.jpg

Yes, this was for the MSC Preziosa. MSC allows embarkation and disembarkation from all their port calls. But we were told that most passengers started/ended their cruise in Genoa. In fact, when we first researched this cruise, we thought we would embark in Civitavecchia. But we couldn't get the YC3 cabin out of Rome as they were only available out of Genoa. So Genoa it became!

35d9o5t.jpg

The Yacht Club experience starts from the time you drop off your luggage. I made this video on the experience, right from dropping off the luggage, to the butler bring us to the check-in suite, to the check-in, to another butler leading us on board, to the YC concierge, and to yet another staff showing us around the Yacht Club. The check-in suite (only for YC guests) has small nibbles and drinks. I had a bubbly. Right from the start, they try to make you feel special. Very cool. Definitely a ship within a ship! Here is the video.

[YOUTUBE]QYM1lHmhqS4[/YOUTUBE]

This picture shows you the nice layout of the small nibbles and drinks available at the check-in suite. I had some bubbly!

263zm06.jpg

Great start to a cruise.

2q0uj4m.jpg

A model of the MSC Preziosa. She is the newest ship in the MSC fleet and is about 140,000GT. (In my mind, her size is similar to a Royal Caribbean Voyager Class vessel)

2hdwi1c.jpg

Once onboard, the butler brought us to the concierge at the Yacht Club. I had to register a credit card to open a shipboard account (for the gratuities and other incidental expenses).

sgjrds.jpg

I also get to choose a daily newspaper that would be printed and delivered to our cabin. Awesome! This is the list of newspapers. Rather comprehensive.

33oij9f.jpg

I asked whether they had papers from Singapore, and they did! So I chose the Singapore Straits Times. This was awesome because reading the papers allowed us to keep up with the news from home, despite being far away in the Western Med. We didn't purchase any Internet access on board, therefore we wouldn't be able to read it online. Anyway, to be able to read the papers in hardcopy, in the Top Sail lounge, was a very novel and heartwarming experience. See this video I made!

[YOUTUBE]dFvRwxaPLbQ [/YOUTUBE]

As you can see in the earlier video, a staff member showed us around the Top Sail lounge. It was a gorgeous lounge, only for YC guests. We would spend quite a lot of time here. There was always something to eat. The challenge was to control one's calorie intake!

2znpvuw.jpg

Your review is simply AMAZING!

I love the details - you even got a picture of the available newspapers, and the "Embarkation walkthrough" is wonderful. It gives us a chance to experience your cruise second hand and to know what to expect. I really enjoy every minute of it! We will be on the same cruise next October, and it is sooooo far away. But reading your review and watching your videos, makes it so much more fun to wait.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Edited by plucasana

Your review is simply AMAZING!

I love the details - you even got a picture of the available newspapers, and the "Embarkation walkthrough" is wonderful. It gives us a chance to experience your cruise second hand and to know what to expect. I really enjoy every minute of it! We will be on the same cruise next October, and it is sooooo far away. But reading your review and watching your videos, makes it so much more fun to wait.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Thank you for your kinds words. I am very glad that you have found this useful. Prior to going on this cruise, I had searched high and low for a good picture/review review for this ship and the YC, but sadly I only found one good review (by a lady I think, can't remember her monikor now).

More to come, stay tuned please!