Booze

bfloluci2

We always pack our liquor in the suitcases that you check. Since the increased security at the ports, they now check your carry on luggage. On our last cruise in Hawaii, we saw them confiscating liquor and soft drinks that people were trying to carry on. One guy was trying to bring on 3 cases of pop! Needless to say, they wouldn't let him take it on.

....they aren't allowing you to take soft drinks on board now?????

They always used the same lame "security reasons" excuse for not letting people take liquor on. We all know that's BS. But I just read my NCL cruise contract and no where in it does it mention soft drinks or non-alcoholic beverages. It only prohibits "intoxicating" beverages.

What's next? They won't let you take cameras aboard because they aren't selling enough photographs?????

Vote with your dollars. Vote with your feet.

Tommy,

Most lines don't want you to bring wine aboard. They want you to buy it there. But if it's a wine that they don't offer and you tell them it's for a special occasion, they may let you take it on the ship. If they do, they may charge you a "corkage fee" especially if you want to consume it with dinner. Heaven forbid that I would encourage you to smuggle dangerous liquids onboard in violation of the security precedures that have been put in place to make cruise ship travel safe and enjoyable.....but I've heard it's been done. :rolleyes:

MrTractor<-----------says, "it's their ship, but it's my money"...........

I've never seen anyone have their soda or bottled water confiscated, but I'm not saying it's never happened. However, it's never happened to me and I always take a couple six-packs of soda onboard. Could it be that they are enforcing some sort of unwritten policy about restricting the amount to "a reasonable amount", similar to Carnival's rule? Of course, in Carnival's case, they publicize their "reasonable" clause. If NCL is following Carnival's lead, they need to make that clear to passengers.

Just off the Crown-I brought(smuggled, sneaked)a bottle of rum in the middle of a checked bag. It was taken after being asked permission to have my bag searched-I got it back after the cruise. I was able to keep the 6 pack of soda.

Harry

Are you allowed to bring wine on board,and they dont allow you to bring any pop now,or was it because the passenger was trying to get 3 cases on? TOM
Tommy, I don't think it is no pop, infact I know it isn't, but 3 cases: let's get real!! As for wine, you can bring it on but you do have to pay corkage fees. NMNIta

Just off the Jewel; we had a bottle of scotch in our room when we boarded. Yes, it cost $40 plus $3 service, but saved us a bundle. We also brought on another bottle of Scotch and a small bottle of Vodka. We sent in with our checked luggage, expected to have it conviscated, but it wasn't. It is still hit or miss. We were not trying to sneak it through, but had gotten both bottles at dirt cheap prices and planned to bring them back to the good ole USA, New Mexico!!! I just feel this way, if you check it and it get through fine, if not you haven't lost anything. NMNita

I was on the POAM 8/20 and had a 6 pack of beer packed under some cans of soda, bottled water and ice in a soft cooler when we boarded.

The beer was left over from our hotel and I didn't want to leave it. I wasn't all that concerned if they took it, it was only a six pack of Bud.

Sent it through x-ray with the rest of my carry on and that was that. They never opened the bag or said a word.

What really concerned me was the fact that I had my Father's ashes packed in my checked luggage (moved from my carry on after a huge ordeal at the airport when leaving). I fully expected that bag to be held and it was not.

Airport security did everything they could to allow me to bring his ashes onboard the plane and could not. They told me if they couldn't "see" through an item it can't be allowed in the cabin.

This was obviously a suspicious item, so why wasn't it "flagged" by NCL?

Either they aren't x-raying checked luggage or they are just looking for booze.

At every port without x-ray equipment they were hand searching bags, well sort of.

I keep a small first aid kit in my backpack, never was it opened. I had a standard collapsible canteen with water in it several times we boarded and it was never checked either.

They shook our clear water bottles, rifled through towels, made a mess out of my ruck and sent us through.

I had some serious concerns with ncl's so called "security", and it didn't leave me feeling very safe. I felt like I could have smuggled just about anything onboard.

Now I'm not one to be paranoid, but in todays environment with terrorism being a reality we have to live with, NCL has really dropped the ball.

Next time you're thinking about how to smuggle booze, just think some crazed idiot could be thinking about smuggling something much more sinister

Food for thought.

....they aren't allowing you to take soft drinks on board now?????

They always used the same lame "security reasons" excuse for not letting people take liquor on. We all know that's BS. But I just read my NCL cruise contract and no where in it does it mention soft drinks or non-alcoholic beverages. It only prohibits "intoxicating" beverages.

What's next? They won't let you take cameras aboard because they aren't selling enough photographs?????

Vote with your dollars. Vote with your feet.

Tommy,

Most lines don't want you to bring wine aboard. They want you to buy it there. But if it's a wine that they don't offer and you tell them it's for a special occasion, they may let you take it on the ship. If they do, they may charge you a "corkage fee" especially if you want to consume it with dinner. Heaven forbid that I would encourage you to smuggle dangerous liquids onboard in violation of the security precedures that have been put in place to make cruise ship travel safe and enjoyable.....but I've heard it's been done. :rolleyes:

MrTractor<-----------says, "it's their ship, but it's my money"...........

no problems with soft drinks I took cranberry and orange juice and water on board and soft drinks back from shore as my partner and I hit the bars evening we need that cup of water in the morning;)oh yes the smuggling of dangerous liquids has been done by one or two passengers:eek:

Archived