Dead horse alert! Alcohol question

I read something on another thread that made it sound like passengers can no longer purchase alcohol on board, pay a surcharge, and take it to their room. We cruised in June and July, and were able to purchase liquor and consume it in the room as long as we paid the surcharge.

Has this policy changed since then?

I'm asking here, because the RCI website is sometimes unclear on this issue.

Thanks!

I read something on another thread that made it sound like passengers can no longer purchase alcohol on board, pay a surcharge, and take it to their room. We cruised in June and July, and were able to purchase liquor and consume it in the room as long as we paid the surcharge.

Has this policy changed since then?

This change came into effect in early August.

We have an entire shelf of souvenir glasses from RCCL. It's not like we weren't drinking in the bars. But it's nice to be able to mix a drink before dinner, and we preferred to pay the surcharge than go to the trouble of smuggling.

Has the wine policy changed as well? We usually bring a few bottles, again gladly paying the corkage fees.

Last week on Navigator you were not allowed to purchase anything onboard for in room consumption...However if you purchased anything on the islands they were less than aggressive in collecting them when you came back on board...they do xray your packages when you come on...there is a table set up beyond the machine with someone sitting there asking if you purchased liquor but they made no attempt to take it away if you just walked to the elevators.

Just came back from the Explorer and we didn't have any problems with the alcohol policies. My husband smuggled a large bottle in the suitcase and purchased the unlimited soda card and kept refilling his container with soda whenever he felt like a mixed drink. Also, we purchased some liquor on board during our last day at sea and were able to consume it in our room with a fee.

Come on anyone............on the day of embarkation, have you had any liquor confiscated???? Really.............I don't know how many times this has gone around, if you purchase any liquor in any port, RCCL will more than likely take it from you and put your name on the bottle, and then will give it back to you on the last night of the voyage. If you bring it aboard on embarkation in a checked on suitcase, it will not be touched. Please check any threads on the subject.

RCCL changed their policy of purchasing liquor from their duty free shops onboard, from allowing a passenger to purchasing a bottle to take to their cabin at any time during the cruise, for a consumption fee, to not allowing the same.

Now you can only purchase liquor for "take home" i.e. it will be delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise.

What a night for a party!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Rick

I called RCI last week to ask about the wine. She said you can bring wine on if it's a kind that they don't have. I asked how much and she said a case. She said you have to pay a corkage fee of $25 anytime they take the cork out for you.

What I realized I should have asked is this:

-Can I take the cork out and bring the bottle of wine to dinner?

-Will I be able to take said case to my room or will they hold it for me to drink only at dinner?

Archived