1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: June 7-July 6, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings on or after July 8, 2016, excluding China departures

Offer Details: 1 – 2 – FREE Every 3rd Night is Free

• 3-5 Night Sailing – 1 Free Night

• 6-8 Night Sailing – 2 Free Nights

• 9-11 Night Sailing – 3 Free Nights

• 12-14 Night Sailing – 4 Free Nights

• 15-17 Night Sailing – 5 Free Nights

• 18-20 Night Sailing – 6 Free Nights

• 21-23 Night Sailing – 7 Free Nights

• 24 Night Sailing – 8 Free Nights

BONUS: Bookings made June 7-20, 2016, guests 12 and under sail free on 5 nights or longer Caribbean, Bermuda, Dubai and Europe sailings departing September 6, 2016-March 9, 2017.Excludes cruises departing 11/17/16-11/24/16, 12/15/16-1/05/17, 2/16/17-2/23/17 and Harmony of the Seas sailings.

The savings amount for each free night is calculated by dividing the total stateroom cruise fare by the number of cruise nights. Savings is deducted from cruise fare at time of booking.

Well, this is going to be a complicated sale.

Guessing the best discount will end up being 33%. Range being 20-33%.

Then again BOGO is gone. Doesn't that make everyone happy.

Does not sound better than the current deal unless the base fares drop. Plus, Harmony will be excluded which suggests that all of her sailings are pretty well booked already.

Part that is excluded is the kids 12 and under sail free on 5 night and longer.

Wonder what games they are going to play towards the pricing. New bookings only? Hoping we can save on some of the booked cruises.

What's the sense of having a sale if you have to refund money to people who already have booked? The idea is to fill up the ship so you can make money on the real profit centers such as drinks, specialty restaurants, shops, etc.

What's the sense of having a sale if you have to refund money to people who already have booked? The idea is to fill up the ship so you can make money on the real profit centers such as drinks, specialty restaurants, shops, etc.

The sales usually aren't sales to begin with.

Hmmm...so wait for this sale or book now with the 60% off 2nd person....what have you decided to do ???

If it is before final payment on the sailing you want to do, book now and request a price adjustment if the price goes down.

Hmmm...so wait for this sale or book now with the 60% off 2nd person....what have you decided to do ???

I see no incentive to wait unless you are bringing kids 12 and under and want to sail Sept. 2016 - early March 2017.

That "Kids Sail Free" bonus for all intents and purposes is meaningless for most people. The exclusion dates don't cover spring break though, so if you have an aversion to kids, I highly suggest you avoid them.

If my math is correct, this doesn't appear to be a better deal if you have 3rd or 4th pax and can't take advantage of the KSF, as the current promo has 60% off 3rd and 4th pax.

For 2 pax, it's a better deal unless your cruise is 4,5,7,8,11,14 or 17 nights (under the net 30% of BOGO60), and it's break even for 10 and 20 night cruises.

All of this assumes the same base price, which can't be taken as a given.

Looks like the ships will be full of kids then :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seems like they are targeting parents who would otherwise be thinking about going to WDW. Now is about the right time for them to be planning a winter vacation.

Well, this is going to be a complicated sale.

And an interesting one, to say the least!

Guessing the best discount will end up being 33%. Range being 20-33%.

Sounds about right. Since that's applied to total cruise fare, both passengers are in effect each getting 20-33% off. So, if base rates stay the same, best discount could be a little better than current BOGO60.

Then again BOGO is gone. Doesn't that make everyone happy.

Yay! :D And it might provide an opportunity for those with enough BofA reward points to redeem them for a free cruise :), EXCEPT the base fare rates will almost certainly remain inflated to cover the "savings" from this "sale". Oh well. :(

~ Judy

That "Kids Sail Free" bonus for all intents and purposes is meaningless for most people. The exclusion dates don't cover spring break though, so if you have an aversion to kids, I highly suggest you avoid them.

If my math is correct, this doesn't appear to be a better deal if you have 3rd or 4th pax and can't take advantage of the KSF, as the current promo has 60% off 3rd and 4th pax.

For 2 pax, it's a better deal unless your cruise is 4,5,7,8,11,14 or 17 nights (under the net 30% of BOGO60), and it's break even for 10 and 20 night cruises.

Was thinking it would probably be a good deal for 3,6,9 etc night cruises since that's at the lower end of the scale in terms of the allotted free nights. I've been tracking a weekend 3 night, so I'll be curious to see if this has an impact.

Wonder what games they are going to play towards the pricing. New bookings only? Hoping we can save on some of the booked cruises.

My guess is the net prices will remain about the same, overall, with some sailings showing lower prices and others higher prices than current.

It's just a hunch, though. :D

The KSF offer doesn't extend to sailings beyond March 9, 2017 so that's why the exclusion dates don't cover spring break sailings. They are trying to entice families to book during sailings that typically don't have many kids onboard.

Current promo is 30% off 3rd and 4th, not 60%. So the KSF would be a better deal IF Royal doesn't increase base fare.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! :D

Seems like they are targeting parents who would otherwise be thinking about going to WDW. Now is about the right time for them to be planning a winter vacation.

Except the KSF bonus offer excludes dates when the kids are typically off from school. However, it's nice for those with pre-schoolers or those willing to pull kids out of school (providing Royal doesn't increase the price of triples and quads :rolleyes:).

~ Judy