Bringing Beer on Board but not being sneaky, etc.

Stimack

I would imagine that a question like this may have been asked before but I could not track any threads down, so here it goes.

It revolves around the question of alcohol, actually beer.

The beer choices that I have seen on the Princess website are lacking what I normally would go for and/or enjoy. Has anyone brought on a 4 or 8 pack of English type beer? Something like Tetley’s or Young’s that are in nitro can. I was able to do it with no issues on Carnival in the past but this will be our first time dealing with Princess.

Thanks.

on Princess. In fact, just bought an 18 pack to take with us on the Coral next week. We send it through as luggage once we get to the pier.

So far it's not been a problem. DH likes to enjoy one or two on the balcony during the day. TO much of a hassle to run out to the bar every time he wants a beer.

Hope it's still working the same way now.

I too am a beer drinker, and although I do contribute to the bar tab :eek: I greatly enjoy good beer. I have bought a six pack of something local and good, and brought it right on in my backpack (which is netting and you can easily see). If you go to Alaska anytime be sure and try some Alaskan beer - it was very good. The small refrigerator in your cabin is a great perk and Princess doesn't seem to care.

I have never had a problem boarding with beer from home in my checked luggage. I cannot imagine the people checking luggage having time to confiscate the stowaway beer! I learned after my first cruise that people do it all the time.

I personally don't appreciate the brands carried on board but I will buy an occasional beer from a bar. I am from NY near the border of Canada. I prefer Canadian beer over American. We are flying down a few cases of Labatts and Molson. Whatever is left over goes to the cabin attendents and his/her friends. They always appreciate that! It's always funny to have someone ask where did I buy the Molson! Right away I know they are from the North :)

6 days until we head to FLL!

Happy sails!

Susan

My husband brought on a case of beer in full view at the time of embarkation. Absolutely nothing was said about this. As we have understood and as other posters have mentioned, there is no problem with beer, wine and champagne. Have a wonderful cruise.

We have brought both beer and wine on board several different ships and as recent as last week on the Carib. Princess. Also brought on Red Stripe in Jamaica

The Carib. raised the price of beer to $4.50 a can (or new Bud bottles) last week. More incentive to bring beer on board?

Earl

I really don't feel we are being sneaky about this whole deal. They see it when they scan it and don't remove it so I guess it's ok. I truthfully don't like their beers onboard and like to entertain our friends in our cabin so why not bring our beer aboard. How could they complain about it? Look at the price we are paying for a week out there. I think they understand and that is why it is not questioned at check in

Susan

I feel like being froggy and opening a can of worms here. I'm ready for the flamers too, it's kind of funny. Well here it goes...On Royal Caribbean, I used to bring some rum on board on embarkation and at each port. The liquor was never kept til the end of the cruise. They did not seem to care that it was in the xray baggage that I carried on. I also donated greatly to each of the ships' bar tabs by getting a bar tab that was $780 on one ship and nearly $1,000 on another. I feel that if I am spending that much money at the bars, pools, beaches, room service, etc. then what is a mere bottle or two going to put them back that I bring for enjoyment in my room. Plus, the rum I bring aboard isn't offered by the ship anyway. I hope Princess doesn't have a problem, and if they do, they can watch me dump it in the trash can in front of them. Or maybe I'll just donate it to save the hassle of getting on the ship. I'm also going to bring some bottled water and Vanilla Coke with me onto the ship. No problem mon, we're on vacation.

Another question concerning alcohol policy. I have read only 21 and older can buy and/or consume alcohol on Princess. On RCI it is 18 for beer and wine at parents discretion, 21 for all other. Seems odd that the policy would not be similar on Princess. Thoughts????

Definitely carry on what you like. Princess beer choices are lacking. My bar tab ended up only being about $50-75 b/c I can only drink so many foo-foo drinks. They don't even carry Corona, which surprised me. And Dos Equis is just yucky. Have a wonderful trip.

The Carib. raised the price of beer to $4.50 a can (or new Bud bottles) last week. More incentive to bring beer on board?Earl

Hi earljr,

Just wanted to help clear up the confusion from your post. The 12oz. cans of domestic beer on Princess remain the same price at $3.25. They have added Budweiser in a 16oz. aluminum bottle to their inventory. That bottle sells for $4.50.:)

Archived