Italy Tours.EU? Help please

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Italy Ports
Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:58 PM.
Wellington New Zealand
32 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Hi
Looking at options for Italian ports and found Italy Tours.EU. Has anyone used them? What do you think and which tours did you do? Thanks in advance.
Jeanette
ontario, canada
4,716 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
I would also like to hear from long time members here who might have used this company. It looks odd that all information posted about this company is from folks who have only posted a very few times. Makes me concerned.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crusing Family

10/85 NCL Southward
10/86 NCL Norway
10/88 Carnival Holiday
10/94 Carnival Fantasy
10/97 Carnival Fantasy
12/99 RCCL Grandeur
12/01 RCCL Voyageur
12/01 RCCL Majesty
11/02 Carnival Legend
10/03 RCCL Serenade
11/03 RCCL Serenade
06/04 Carnival Victory
11/04 RCCL Navigator
05/05 RCCL Voyager
09/05 RCCL Empress
11/05 RCCL Jewel
05/06 RCCL Radiance - Hawaii
11/06 RCCL Explorer Repo to Miami
05/07 Celebrity Galaxy TA
12/07 RCCL Legend 15 Day TA
04/08 RCCL Voyager 13 Day TA
10/08 RCCL Grandeur 11 Day Repo
05/09 RCCL Serenade 14 Day Alaska
10/09 RCCL Monarch 5 Day Caribbean
11/09 RCCL Independence 13 Day TA
04/10 RCCL Jewel 11 Day Panama
08/10 RCCL Liberty 7 Day Western Carib
10/10 RCCL Oasis 7 Day Eastern
09/11 Carnival Freedom 6 Day Western
12/11 RCCL Enchantment 12 Day Carib
04/12 Celebrity Solstice Western 7 Day
08/12 RCCL Jewel 16 Day TA
12/12 RCCL Explorer 10 Day Caribbean
04/13 RCCL Grandeur 9 Day Caribbean
09/13 RCCL Jewel 7 Day S. Caribbean
09/13 RCCL Enchantment 5 Day Bahamas
03/14 RCCL Rhapsody 11 Day Queensland
04/14 Celebrity Solstice 18 Day Australia to Hawaii
10/14 RCCL Brilliance 13 Day Caribbean
04/15 RCCL Serenade 15 Day
10/15 RCCL Adventure 14 Day S. Caribbean
10/15 RCCL Navigator of Seas - 7 Day Caribbean
9/16 RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 7 Day Caribbean
10/16 RCCL Rhapsody - 10 Day Venice to Rome
10/16 RCCL Jewel - 10 Day Greece and Turkey
11/16 RCCL Empress - 7 Day Caribbean

Sydney Australia
267 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
We used italytours.eu this week from Livorno (Pisa & Florence) and Salerno (Pompeii, Sorrento & The Amalfi Coast). No complaints.

The tour included a guide for a 2 hour walking tour in Florence and we also had a private guide for Pompeii. Our Pompeii guides name was Sabina and she is the best guide I have had anywhere in the world.

~ Vicki ~
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sea Princess - April 1999 - Western Caribbean
Dawn Princess - June 2009 - Sydney - Brisbane
Pacific Jewel - July 2010 - Cruise to Nowhere
Carnival Splendor - September 2010 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas - July 2016 Mediterranean/Venice
8 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Just got back from a Mediterranean cruise. We used ItalyTours for two semi-private tours and loved them both. Oscar was very helpful in booking the tours and helped us find people to share the tours, which made them very affordable! We booked the Florence/Pisa tour. Our driver/guide was Elizabeth and she was very lively and knowledgeable! In Florence, we had a certified guide, Marco, who was very good. There was plenty of time to see the sites and even have some time on our own. We also booked a tour of Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano. The driver/ guide, Nikolas was very helpful and informative. He went out of his way to take us to the most picturesque spots! Our certified guide in Pompeii, Ren, was just the best! A true expert! Nothing beats the personal attention of the semi-private tour! ItalyTours was great! We will use them again!
Kansas City
11 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
I used ItalyTours.eu for a tour in Florence/Pisa and again in Rome. I enjoyed the smaller more personal nature of the tour (8 people vs. 60 in a tour bus). Our driver in Florence/Pisa, Elizabetta, was so lively and fun and she made the trip so much more enjoyable.

On both excursions, the drivers met us outside of the ship and the predetermined time and took us to great photo stops until they met us up with our tour guides. The guides were very knowledgeable and friendly and took us where we needed to be and allowed us to also have free time on our own.

The company was very professional with the booking process and kept us informed of where and what time to meet. They knew exactly when the ship was leaving the port and got us back to the boat with plenty of time to spare.

I used the cruise's excursions for the other ports, but would've gladly booked with ItalyTours had they been available. It was a more economical and personal experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Celebrity Silhouette - Eastern Caribbean February 2015
RCCL Anthem of the Seas - Western Caribbean January 2016
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean March 2016
Celebrity Equinox - Mediterranean Cruise August 2016[/size]
Ontario, Canada
5 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
My husband and I used this group for their Best of Rome in a Day tour and we really enjoyed it. Rome is such a great city and there is so much to see! We felt that we definitely hit all the highlights, but we would also love to return and spend several days really seeing and getting a good feel for the whole city. We’re grateful for the tour guide - we saw everything we expected to see for a highlights of Rome tour. I’m truly pleased that we paid for our skip-the-line Colosseum tickets - I’m so glad that was offered. My husband would have preferred a little time to walk around the “wedding cake” parliament building - he’s a photographer and would have liked to get some photos, but we understand that time was limited and we had to squeeze a lot in.

The pizza lunch was very tasty - a good little spot for our group for lunch.

The English speaking guide for the vatican museum was very knowledgable but we found his style of imparting information to be rather uninspired and we felt that we could perhaps have moved through the museum a bit faster. Regardless, we were pleased that we had the time to see everything. And while many places were crowded, we understand that we were visiting in August, the height of tourist season.

Overall we definitely enjoyed our tour and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the company.
Upstate NY
8,883 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
We booked our tours in Rome and Marseille through ItalyTours.eu. Our Rome tour was wonderful - we had our family of four and a couple from Ohio with us. Our driver/guide was very professional and knowledgeable and made sure we saw all of the major attractions. Our Colosseum and Vatican tours were pre-booked for us. At the Vatican we were paired up with another 6-person group to tour with a guide who have good expertise with the Vatican. The Vatican was our last stop, and our driver had us back to the ship well before sailing time.

Likewise, Marseille was an excellent tour. This tour was provided by Provence Connection; ItalyTours.eu was the booking agent. Our family of four and another family of four from Toronto. We did a tour in Provence - Avignon, St. Remy, Les Baux and Arles. Our driver, Chris, was excellent and helped translate for us when we stopped for lunch in St Remy.

In all, we were very happy with the tours provided. I wish now that we had booked Florence and Pisa with them; as it was, we took the ship's transportation-only excursion. We didn't have advance tickets, so we did not see the Accademia or the inside of the Duomo. I think we would have enjoyed our tour better with a smaller group. We have done a number of independent tours over the years, and these tours certainly rate well with us.

If you'd like to see what we did, I have a review on the Carnival board at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2393355.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy

Carnival Victory, 6/28/04; Carnival Conquest, 7/3/05; Carnival Legend, 6/29/06; Carnival Victory, 8/31/06; Carnival Liberty, 2/17/07; Carnival Victory, 8/11/07; Carnival Valor, 2/17/08; Carnival Victory, 8/18/08; Carnival Glory, 2/14/09; Carnival Miracle, 7/19/09; Carnival Conquest, 2/14/10; Carnival Pride, 7/4/10; Carnival Glory, 9/2/10; Carnival Glory, 7/2/11; Carnival Fantasy, 8/13/11; Carnival Pride, 7/1/12; Carnival Glory, 8/6/12; Carnival Legend, 7/3/13; Carnival Miracle, 7/15/14; Carnival Glory, 8/2/14; Carnival Breeze, 7/4/15; Carnival Vista, 7/19/16; Carnival Pride, 7/2/17; Carnival Horizon, 7/3/18.
Toronto, Canada
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by Tingaling0
Hi
Looking at options for Italian ports and found Italy Tours.EU. Has anyone used them? What do you think and which tours did you do? Thanks in advance.
Jeanette
We used Italy Tours to arrange visits to POMPEII, SORRENTO & POSITANO. This was one of the best decisions I made. Here is why:
1. Fantastic communication - they are very responsive. They responded to my many questions through email promptly.
2. Punctual & Reliable - As you can appreciate, this is very important when cruising and they were always on time.
3. Outstanding Driver and Tour Guide - Our driver was great, friendly and knowledgable. Our tour guide for Pompeii was the BEST tour guide (Sabina - I hope I got her name right) I have come across. Her knowledge and passion brought Pompeii back to life for us!
We also used Italy Tours in Florence & Pisa and they were equally good there. They recommended Spain Day Tours for our Barcelona visit, and they too were equally fantastic. I highly recommend both these companies. You will enjoy touring with them, and you will feel safe and secure!
michigan
73 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
We used Italytours.eu for 2 different excursions while in Italy in June. We had the best experience.
From booking, with Oscar, to the guides meeting us at the pier, the information and knowledge of the guides, the friendliness and kindness of the guides. We did Best of Rome and Best of Florence and Pisa.
I am sorry to say I do not remember the guides name in Rome, but he was very informative.
Elizabetta in Florence was absolutely wonderful. She has a wonderful sense of humor and very enjoyable to spend the day with.
We had no problems and would surely use ItalyTours.EU again when we return to Italy
I highly recommend them
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
jrbourdon
Carnival Sensation 2000
Carnival Valor 2006
Carnival Elation 2009
Carnival Liberty 2010
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Liberty 2012
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Miracle 2013
Carnival Imagination b2b 2013
Carnival Liberty 2014
Carnival Ecstasy 2014
Carnival Conquest 2015
Carnival Ecstasy 2015
Carnival Vista 2016 (Meditrennanean)
Carnival Glory 2016
Carnival Victory 2016
Carnival Fascination 2017
San Francisco area
167 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Can anybody you please tell me about what time you arrived at Vatican City/St. Peter's Square from the cruise ship pickup.
I'm also booked with ItalyTour.EU group and am very interested in at least seeing a glimpse of the POPE during his 10:30 am Papal Audience. Thank you. I asked Oscar but he said he could not estimate a time of arrival at The Vatican. I found this odd as they do these tours daily. Thanks in advance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Song of Norway 1/6/1996
RCCL Song of Norway 5/19/1996
RCCL Viking Serenade 1/26/1998
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 4/11/1998
RCCL Majesty of theSeas 8/30/1998
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 9/22/2001
Carnival Victory 3/24/2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas 9/15/2002
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 8/30/2003
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 4/11/2004
Carnival Glory 7/31/2004
Carnival Valor 3/20/2005
RCCL Freedom of the Seas 10/15/2006
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 9/15/2007
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 1/2/2008
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 4/13/2008
NCL Spirit 11/15/2009
NCL Sun 10/9/2013
NCL Jewel 9/27-10/182014 BTB
NCL Getaway 10.31.2015
Upstate NY
8,883 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by suzycruise
Can anybody you please tell me about what time you arrived at Vatican City/St. Peter's Square from the cruise ship pickup.
I'm also booked with ItalyTour.EU group and am very interested in at least seeing a glimpse of the POPE during his 10:30 am Papal Audience. Thank you. I asked Oscar but he said he could not estimate a time of arrival at The Vatican. I found this odd as they do these tours daily. Thanks in advance.
The Vatican was our last stop, after lunch, on the "Best of Rome" tour. We were there on a Tuesday, though, so no opportunity to see the Pope.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy

Carnival Victory, 6/28/04; Carnival Conquest, 7/3/05; Carnival Legend, 6/29/06; Carnival Victory, 8/31/06; Carnival Liberty, 2/17/07; Carnival Victory, 8/11/07; Carnival Valor, 2/17/08; Carnival Victory, 8/18/08; Carnival Glory, 2/14/09; Carnival Miracle, 7/19/09; Carnival Conquest, 2/14/10; Carnival Pride, 7/4/10; Carnival Glory, 9/2/10; Carnival Glory, 7/2/11; Carnival Fantasy, 8/13/11; Carnival Pride, 7/1/12; Carnival Glory, 8/6/12; Carnival Legend, 7/3/13; Carnival Miracle, 7/15/14; Carnival Glory, 8/2/14; Carnival Breeze, 7/4/15; Carnival Vista, 7/19/16; Carnival Pride, 7/2/17; Carnival Horizon, 7/3/18.
San Francisco area
167 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by nybumpkin
The Vatican was our last stop, after lunch, on the "Best of Rome" tour. We were there on a Tuesday, though, so no opportunity to see the Pope.
Thank you nybumpkin for answering my question.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Song of Norway 1/6/1996
RCCL Song of Norway 5/19/1996
RCCL Viking Serenade 1/26/1998
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 4/11/1998
RCCL Majesty of theSeas 8/30/1998
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 9/22/2001
Carnival Victory 3/24/2002
RCCL Voyager of the Seas 9/15/2002
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 8/30/2003
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 4/11/2004
Carnival Glory 7/31/2004
Carnival Valor 3/20/2005
RCCL Freedom of the Seas 10/15/2006
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 9/15/2007
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 1/2/2008
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 4/13/2008
NCL Spirit 11/15/2009
NCL Sun 10/9/2013
NCL Jewel 9/27-10/182014 BTB
NCL Getaway 10.31.2015
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
On a recent Mediterranean cruise we used ItalyTours.eu for our shore excursions of Rome & Florence. We were very pleased with our choice of company for these tours. We were met promptly at both piers and returned to the ship in plenty of time for sailing. The driver/guides made our visits to both cities a memorable experience. A semi-private tour is far better than the large bus tours offered by the ship. Oscar was very helpful in planning our trip and always responded to our emails in a timely manner. I recommend Italy Tours.
Edmonton
78 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
I would use them again but I am not as rich in my praise as others.

1-I did find that the communication was prompt but it was not always perfect. There was the need to clarify and re-clarify things at times about some details. This wasn't my experience with other tour companies.
2-I wasn't sure if Oscar was one person or a group of people who were monitoring the email account. I had that feeling because of the email threads often involving some re-statement of things.
3-The guides were great although for people with hearing difficulties they had commented they would appreciate a microphone as some of the guides had soft voices. This wasn't an issue for me but those sitting at the very back and/or hard of hearing did make that known.
4-ALl of the guides had a good spirit, a real knowledge of Italy and brought real presence and character to it.
5-We didn't get time for lunch in Rome and I honestly don't even know how that could be done!!!

We also used Italy private tours and had a wonderful experience with them although they expect you to co-ordinate your own tickets which I found inconvenient.
California
5 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
We recently took a Western Mediterranean cruise aboard the Norwegian Cruise Line-Epic from July 27--August 3, 2016.

Five of us took the tour with Michele in Livorno on July 28. Our driver and guide, Michele, was prompt, personable, and knowledgeable about Florence and Pisa. In fact, I'll write an excellent review on TripAdvisor because we were very pleased with the overall service. The Mercedes Benz van was clean and AC in full blast, we arrived on time at the sightseeing and back to the cruise ship port in Livorno. It was our first time to visit Italy and Michele made it more special by sharing his knowledge through his stories and anecdotes! We also had a guide in Firenze; Demetra, with her smiling face was friendly and professional. Even though we were joined by other families on the walking tour with Demetra, we didn't feel lost because she made sure we were all intact as a group. It was easy to understand her explanations and we were in awe at every sight we saw in Firenze! We felt lucky to have Michele and Demetra as our tour guides! Thank you Italy Tours for a memorable and wonderful visit!

On August 2, we were met by Salvatore at the Port of Call in Naples to tour Pompeii, Sorrento, & Positano. In Pompeii, Mario, our guide purchased the tickets for our tour group in able for us to skip the line. Mario and Salvatore were very professional and personable at the same time. After we were finished with Pompeii, Salvatore drove us to Sorrento and then to Positano. He showed us all we needed to know about the beautiful coastline of the Amalfi Coast. We were able to try different types of Limoncello along the way! After Positano, we had a few minutes to spare and Salvatore drove around the port of Napoli to show us more sights! We will book with ItalyTours.EU again and again. They reply to emails quickly and they're professional!
Glasgow
4 Posts
Joined May 2016
We used ItalyTours.EU twice on an NCL cruise in June - both trips were excellent, absolutely no problems. First time was for Rome when my wife and I shared with others. Driver was excellent, vehicle clean and comfortable. Guide at the Vatican was good too, although it was exceptionally busy.

Second time was an Amalfi Coast tour when we had all our cruising party of six on a private tour. Exactly the same as the Rome tour - excellent driver/guide, clean and comfortable vehicle, made it clear we set the itinerary and helped greatly with his advice and local knowledge.

We would definitely recommend and would certainly use again.
6 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
We just cruised the Mediterranean in September and used Italy Tours for both Florence/Pisa and Marseille, I was worried about paying the money before we travelled but everything went perfect, the company was there to pick us up on time and the tours were both great.
Whilst on the Cruise we heard a lot of complaints about the big coach tours and were so glad that we picked Italy Tours, so much more personal and efficient than the big tour companies.
Highly recommended, Great Result, Great Memories.
Florida
8 Posts
Joined May 2016
I've read comments that only new-ish members of cruise critics or those who have not posted much have reviewed this company-well, I qualify under both-relatively new to the site and don't post much. However, I have been on about 30 cruises and always book independent tours, not through the ship. I used Italy Tours on the 6/3/16 sailing of the Vista from Barcelona and I would rate it one of the best independents I have done. We did Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, our guide in Pompeii was GREAT! I think her name was Lilly (my memory isn't what it once was) she was knowledgeable, personable and endlessly patient. She really made the whole experience interesting. I wish I could remember our driver/guides name, he was funny and very obliging, making several extra stops along the coast when asked for photo ops. He was full of running commentary about the area, people and food, very entertaining. The transport was a Mercedes van in excellent condition, and he was an excellent competent driver. We used several companies on this cruise as it was very port intensive-this is the one I would definitely look at first on our next trip.
Brea, CA.
8,331 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
There were 10 of us traveling together on the Royal Princess in Italy and Greece. I had arranged private tours with Italy Tours EU in both our stops in Naples and Messina. We really had very good tour guides in both ports. Also, it is worth mentioning because I feel they never get enough credit, the drivers of our private vans were amazing too. The roads in Italy are so narrow and crowded and our drivers were able to maneuver around traffic and buses so well.
The tours in Pompeii and Sorrento as well as Etna & Taormina were both very enjoyable. The timing was excellent in that we, in most cases, were able to get away from the port prior to the big buses and beat most of the others from the ship to the major sights. We had great tour guides especially Dianne in Messina to Etna. There were 10 of us and everyone did enjoy the time with the guides as they both gave us a great deal of information. In addition, the vans were comfortable and very adequate for all of us. The guides were all on time and got us back to the ship in plenty of time for our departure.
Really loved Naples and Messina; only wish we had more time in each port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ann

Link to spreadsheet for Coral Princess Panama Canal Cruise January, 2018
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9so/edit#gid=0

Link to spreadsheet for Alaska, April, 2018 Emerald Princess cruise
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...8xA/edit#gid=0

There will be 8 of us on this cruise

There will be 40
of us now on this one. Cannot believe how many want to go too.

No Flying. So fun with friends

SO FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO PURSUE A PASSION

TOTALS
59CRUISES
700 DAYS @ SEA - 531 ON PRINCESS
9 DIFFERENT CRUISE LINES
TOO MANY COUNTRIES TO LIST
Spain/Holland
69 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Italytours is excellent!
We had a tour from La Spezia to Pompeď where we had a licensed guide for 2 hours. Gino did a great job, explained and showed us everything and we also skipped the long waiting lines.
On our way to Sorrento we visited the Limoncello factory which was great and we were very pleased with that extra stop.
Sorrento was great, Amalficoast was beautiful and Positano was for tourists, but nice also.
We were a small group of 7, combined trough Italytours and it worked fine.
The guide/driver was very good and a safe driver and the car was almost new.
The tour was almost two hours longer than planned but the driver took all the time to show and explain everything.
We absolutely can recommend Italytours.eu and next time when we're in Italy we'll book them immediately.
Thank you Italytours for the wonderful tour!