Greek Isles Royal Princess Packing Opinions Please!

Summerprincess

Hello All,

We are on the Royal Princess Greek Isle cruise mid-September. I am wondering if I can have some input from cruisers who have done this cruise with respect to how much space to allow for souvenirs. We will be traveling in Europe for the week before we embark on the cruise and then staying in Athens for a few extra days and so taking only a carry-on would be great. That said, I am worried if I need more space for any amazing souvenirs that will be an option on this cruise. I know this is a subjective question, but I thought I would ask. We did the Baltic cruise this Spring and was glad I had planned an extra suitcase to bring back some beautiful sweaters, etc. Thank you all for your help!

I brought an extra suitcase last year and filled it up with things we'd purchased in France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain. However, if we'd had to pay extra onboard the flight for the extra suitcase I wouldn't have been so inclined to bring an extra, but since it was free, why not? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We are just off the Royal Princess in Athens this past Saturday - still in Athens at the beautiful Divani Apollan Palace Hotel right on the sea- we wound up buying another suitcase in Naples - it was only 15 euros so I hope it holds up....

That makes us going home with 5 suitcases - luckily we are traveling business class and have that option....

This was a fantastic cruise -hope yours is just as nice......sorry to be leaving Greece tomorrow morning.

eclue:rolleyes:

Our Greek Isles cruise was our first European cruise and I really went overboard (no pun intended) on souvenirs. When I realized that I was not going to be able to fit everything into our suitcase for the trip home we purchased a very inexpensive (maybe 20 euro) carry-on bag with wheels in Corfu. It was a life saver. Since then I have learned to use more discretion when it comes to purchasing souvenirs.