Photo Competion On Board?

HTP

A few years ago we did a cruise to Egypt (20 nights)and the photo team ran a photo competition on board. This is the only cruise I have been on where such a competition was run and I was told it was because it was only done on the longer cruises. I will be going on a 19 night cruise and I was wondering if they still run photo competitions on board and if so how many nights does the cruise have to be for them to run one.

A few years ago we did a cruise to Egypt (20 nights)and the photo team ran a photo competition on board. This is the only cruise I have been on where such a competition was run and I was told it was because it was only done on the longer cruises. I will be going on a 19 night cruise and I was wondering if they still run photo competitions on board and if so how many nights does the cruise have to be for them to run one.

We have done an eastern med cruise (21 +?) and a Caribbean transatlantic (24+), didn't have comps on them. I would guess it was just something the photographers on that cruise arranged.

There was certainly one on the Arcadia World Cruise in January, however we did a 21 nighter on Oriana in July and I don't recall there being one on there. As previously stated, it is run by the ship's photographers and I suspect it depends on the expertise of the staff on board and also their staffing levels.

Thank you all for your replies.

I have bought a cheap (£90) 4G tablet as an alternative to the new £12.50 a day internet charges, I know it wont be much use at sea, but in port I should get a phone signal in the cabin which means I wont have to take my laptop on shore to an internet café to communicate with home. The laptop is useful for editing photos, but I don't want to take it if I'm not going to need it.