Day 1 Miami

Day 2 Sea Day

Day 3 Grand Turk

Day 4 San Juan

Day 5 St Maarten

Day 6 Sea Day

Day 7 Sea Day

Day 8 Arrives in Miami

There will be 4 of us on this trip. Myself and my DD and my parents in a separate room. We both got OV cabins, but my DD and I will be staying in the Family Harbor area.

This is a "cruise for the ship" type of vacation as I'm really curious to see how the FH idea works out as well as all the other numerous new things Carnival is trying. I did a very port intensive European cruise this year so I'm glad to be going on this relaxing one.

I did not plan any excursions as I might not even get off the boat...These are not new ports to us..though I may just do a walk off and visit the nearby shops for souvenirs. I may take a ferry to a beach on St. Maarten though but I'll play it by ear. I only booked a massage on the first sea day to get the relaxing vibe started out right!

I will be purchasing an internet plan so I can have access to the world, I plan on using Tapatalk to post on this board and to keep contact on FB with my friends and family.

I'm not a big drinker (any more:o) so did not purchase a Cheers package..I'll just have my usual 1-2 drinks per day so it really doesn't pay for me to buy a package. (I think 7-8 is break even point.)

BTW, this will be the longest post of this thread, other than my review at the end. I tend to let the pictures tell the story. This is my 3rd review with previous ones being the MSC Orchestra and the DCL Dream, both from this year and on this board.

Now back to finish my packing.....:cool: :D

Subscribing. Did you get FH ocean view, Interior or Suite? (if I may ask)

Ocean view...but it's one of those cabins that's double in length but shorter in width. I get two windows instead of one.:D It's also far enough to not be under the galley, so hopefully it won't be loud...but I can sleep through a hurricane...so noise isn't really is an issue for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the nautical theme too, they look really cute.

Enjoy. That's our itinerary in a month. Looking forward to reading your thoughts and experiences. BTW the only beach accessible by "ferry" in StM is the beaches along the boardwalk in Phillipsburg and you can get there by land taxi or water taxi. Plenty of spots to stop and shops are a 1/2 block inland.

Enjoy. That's our itinerary in a month. Looking forward to reading your thoughts and experiences. BTW the only beach accessible by "ferry" in StM is the beaches along the boardwalk in Phillipsburg and you can get there by land taxi or water taxi. Plenty of spots to stop and shops are a 1/2 block inland.

I meant water taxi-might try the beach gambee suggested from his TR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw I use my "well worn" luggage for cruises out of Miami as they are pretty rough on them and got damaged on their first use. However when I cruise from a foreign port that requires air, I use my better quality Samsonite spinners as they are easier to maneuver around the airports. The above are American Tourister brand, not the same quality as Samsonite but they do their job and have nice compartments. They also have plastic zippered interior compartment that I use for shoes so it stays separate from clothing. I also always store and use dryer sheets so the interior stays fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following as I will be on her in July, and I like your review style. I read your MSC review as I want to book Seaside for 2018.

Thanks so much-will also be booking Seaside for summer of 2018-they are not available for booking yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to your review, especially to see if you have the same type of experience I had on her back in June. Be sure to see Flick, it really is a must see. Just make sure to get there about 45 minutes before showtime so you can get a good seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....starts tomorrow.:D

The itinerary is as follows:

Day 1 Miami

Day 2 Sea Day

Day 3 Grand Turk

Day 4 San Juan

Day 5 St Maarten

Day 6 Sea Day

Day 7 Sea Day

Day 8 Arrives in Miami

There will be 4 of us on this trip. Myself and my DD and my parents in a separate room. We both got OV cabins, but my DD and I will be staying in the Family Harbor area.

This is a "cruise for the ship" type of vacation as I'm really curious to see how the FH idea works out as well as all the other numerous new things Carnival is trying. I did a very port intensive European cruise this year so I'm glad to be going on this relaxing one.

I did not plan any excursions as I might not even get off the boat...These are not new ports to us..though I may just do a walk off and visit the nearby shops for souvenirs. I may take a ferry to a beach on St. Maarten though but I'll play it by ear. I only booked a massage on the first sea day to get the relaxing vibe started out right!

I will be purchasing an internet plan so I can have access to the world, I plan on using Tapatalk to post on this board and to keep contact on FB with my friends and family.

I'm not a big drinker (any more:o) so did not purchase a Cheers package..I'll just have my usual 1-2 drinks per day so it really doesn't pay for me to buy a package. (I think 7-8 is break even point.)

BTW, this will be the longest post of this thread, other than my review at the end. I tend to let the pictures tell the story. This is my 3rd review with previous ones being the MSC Orchestra and the DCL Dream, both from this year and on this board.

Now back to finish my packing.....:cool: :D

Awesome! Looking forward to your report, can't wait for our turn! :D

I'm looking forward to your review, especially to see if you have the same type of experience I had on her back in June. Be sure to see Flick, it really is a must see. Just make sure to get there about 45 minutes before showtime so you can get a good seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, I'll add Flick to my list. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't sleep well last night, shocker..lol Getting ready now, will be leaving my home at 10am; we have an 11:30 check in time. Port of Miami is about an hour drive from my house and we will be parking port side. Yes, there are parking lots close by that shuttle to the port, it's about half the price of port parking, but the convenience is worth it for us.