Equinox Aft Sunset Veranda vs Aft Concierge Class

Kristin1112

Newbie to Celebrity and have been told the S class is the way to fly for our first Celebrity Cruise. We were looking at the Summit for a NYE cruise, but now are looking at the Equinox for another time.

We love our aft cabins and by looking at photos, it looks like we can do a Sunset Veranda, where cabins 6312, 7364 and 8344 have the widest balconies - or we can go up from there into a CC where cabins 9382 or 1206 have the widest balconies...all for about $300 more.

Two questions...

1. Many here say the CC perks are 'not worth it', but is it 'worth it' if it's only $300 more?

2. Do the balconies get slightly 'deeper' on the lower decks? Meaning, the balcony on 6312 is slightly more spacious than say the 8344? It appears that way in photos but cannot tell for sure.

Any reason to NOT book one of these? I have seen some comments about them being a haul to the front of the ship but that does not bother us.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kristin1112

I was recently in 8344 on Solstice and it was wonderful. It was a standard stateroom, not concierge...I do not see the value in that upgrade. The standard staterooms do not come with a footstool, but my stateroom attendant brought me one when I made the request. The long walk to the back of the ship was a plus for me. Our cruise had five sea days sailing from Hawaii to Vancouver and I enjoyed sitting on my (extra wide) balcony watching the wake.

I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Enjoy.

Susan

$300 isn't a huge difference, but having done both regular rooms and concierge class, I'm not sure it'd be worth it. The only reason I did concierge class on my most recent cruise is because the price dropped after final booking and it was a free upgrade. The free sparkling wine is decent, the afternoon canapes are hit or miss, but nothing you can't get elsewhere. We actually did end up using the Concierge to sort out a shore excursion issue that the shore excursion desk wouldn't handle, but YMMV there. The other benefits we really didn't use. I might consider it if the extra Captain's Club points would push me to the next tier.

Edited by cybx

We're recently off the Equinox in 8344, a sunset veranda that is not concierge class. As you point out, it is wider but not deeper, definitely not what you traditionally think of when you think of an aft cabin. That said, the quiet and view were quite nice, and we enjoyed it a great deal. The

We booked a future cruise on the Reflection, and decided to go for a hump balcony instead, as I don't think the afts on this class are worth the additional cost.

I also don't think (confirmed by the future cruise consultant) that CC is worth the expense on this class. It may offer more on others, but we didn't feel a lack AT ALL on this one. If you get a great deal, terrific, but IMHO, totally not necessary.