VIDEO CRUISE REVIEW: Celebrity Equinox Feb. 20 - March 3, with Mardi Gras

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:39 PM.
Just North of Milwaukee, WI
12,333 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
From February 20 - March 3, 2017 my DW, Rosie, and I took a cruise vacation on Celebrity Equinox. The trip included a 2 night stop in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!
I made a short (15 min) video of the whole trip. Hope you enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed taking the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6Ow6z0jjU

BILL
5,740 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
BILL-WI...Once again another great job with your cruise video. Thanks for taking us along.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
September 2017 Cruise:

March 2018 Cruise:

March 2018 Cruise:

September 2018

March 2019 Cruise:

March 2019 Cruise:
Louisville, Kentucky
230 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
"Good morning!" Another fantastic and fun video Bill. Many thanks!+++ Love the pix and the amusing and insightful commentary. Please thank Rosie for us too.

We are booked on Equinox on 1106, which is right near your cabin. Do you think 1106 has a bigger balcony as well?
ocala, fl. usa
435 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Great video, we will be on the Jazz Festaval cruise on April 24th & also staying 2 nights in N.O. my question is while in N.O. how did you get back to the ship?? Cab, walk?? Is it safe?

george35
Central Illinois
105,866 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Excellent video BIll, thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
atlanta
5,382 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Thanks for posting! Will have to see about the 10,000 steps each morning.

Looks like a great cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Have a great day!

Sam & Martha
&

Booked and ready to go!:

Celebrity Silhouette - Jan'18 - S Caribbean

Looking In All The Right Places:
Celebrity Something - Alaska Aug '2018
Celebrity Something - NEW Panama Canal May' 2019

My outlook on life:

Proof of Desire is Pursuit
and
The best things in life aren't things
584 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Awesome job!
Bill and Rosie,

Sounds and looks like a great time. How was the parade and did you feel safe on Bourbon St and at Mardi Gras itself?
We you two on Equinox recently or Constellation ? You seem to look very familiar!
Again great job on video..
2,213 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
So well done, thanks for sharing! I also share George
s concern with walkablility , distance and travel and safety in NOLA.. I am not a long distance walker like you and your wife, in fact have some walking concerns. What is your reccomendation for traveling within the city, to the French Quarter, Garden District and WWII museum? Thanks so much for any assistance.
Newfoundland
74 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Thanks so much for taking me along, great job on the video.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Wonder
Disney Magic
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Solstice
RC Sovereign
RC Navigator
RC Freedom of the Seas
RC Majesty of the Seas
RC Monarch
Celebrity Silhouette- March 2013
RC Liberty- Sept 1 2013

12,333 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by davekathy
BILL-WI...Once again another great job with your cruise video. Thanks for taking us along.
Thanks for watching...

Originally posted by benjaminhuf
"Good morning!" Another fantastic and fun video Bill. Many thanks!+++ Love the pix and the amusing and insightful commentary. Please thank Rosie for us too.
We are booked on Equinox on 1106, which is right near your cabin. Do you think 1106 has a bigger balcony as well?
Thanks for watching. Yes 1106 will have a larger balcony.

Originally posted by george35
Great video, we will be on the Jazz Festaval cruise on April 24th & also staying 2 nights in N.O. my question is while in N.O. how did you get back to the ship?? Cab, walk?? Is it safe?
george35
We walked back to the ship right down Julia Street and never felt in any danger.

BILL
12,333 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Azulann
Thanks for taking all of us along on your great cruise.
Loved you video of a fun cruise.
Thanks for watching, we had a blast!

Originally posted by Pier290
This is outstanding. Really admire your efforts! Sailing on her April 14 for 10 days!!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app
We did the 10 day version in December of last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwpRx3RArI&t=25s

Originally posted by clarea
Excellent video BIll, thanks!
Thanks for watching and I am glad you liked it!

BILL
12,333 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by shipshape sam
Thanks for posting! Will have to see about the 10,000 steps each morning.

Looks like a great cruise!
10,000 steps and I ate what I wanted...gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! It is gone already! Thanks for watching...

Originally posted by cheeseheads4ever
Awesome job!
Bill and Rosie,
Sounds and looks like a great time. How was the parade and did you feel safe on Bourbon St and at Mardi Gras itself?
We you two on Equinox recently or Constellation ? You seem to look very familiar!
Again great job on video..
Bourbon Street was very safe during the day, we did not go at night. Mardi Gras was very safe and there were many families. I did not take any valuables with me. Thanks for Watching....
We were just on Equinox in December and we were on Connie in February of 2016.

Originally posted by bluecruisin
So well done, thanks for sharing! I also share George's concern with walkablility , distance and travel and safety in NOLA.. I am not a long distance walker like you and your wife, in fact have some walking concerns. What is your recommendation for traveling within the city, to the French Quarter, Garden District and WWII museum? Thanks so much for any assistance.
The places you mention are between 3/4 of a mile to a mile from the ship. If walking is an issue for you, Mardi Gras will not be your cup of tea...very hard to get transportation to the events and almost IMPOSSIBLE to get transportation back, once the event is finished. If you go to New Orleans at other times, getting transportation is MUCH easier.
Thanks for watching...

Originally posted by NLCAPER
Thanks so much for taking me along, great job on the video.
Sent from my iPad using Forums
Thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed the journey!

BILL
United States
64 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Great video, Bill. How did you get to stand at that balcony? Did that require purchase of tickets before the cruise? Is it better to watch at street level or balcony? I see you did both.
Haymarket VA
67 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by BILL-WI
From February 20 - March 3, 2017 my DW, Rosie, and I took a cruise vacation on Celebrity Equinox. The trip included a 2 night stop in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!
I made a short (15 min) video of the whole trip. Hope you enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed taking the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6Ow6z0jjU

BILL
Thanks, Bill, good job. We will be in 9268, next to yours in July. Appreciate the view of our room and your great Video.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Manchester, England
1,130 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Great Video Bill. We tried to book that cruise two years ago while on board the Equinox. Concierge and above were all sold out. We had to settle for the sailing next Monday instead
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 Celebrity Equinox Ultimate Caribbean
2016 Carnival Vista, Athens to Barcelona
2015 Celebrity Equinox eastern Caribbean
2013 Carnival Legend Baltics
2012 Carnival Breeze Inaugural, Med from Venice
2011 Carnival Magic, Med from Barcelona
2010 Carnival Valor western Caribbean
2009 Carnival Dream Inaugural, Med from Rome
2007 Carnival Freedom, Med from Rome
2007 Carnival Valor eastern Caribbean