Jewel class Aft Balcony That I have, what would you upgrade too?

spotfish

I'm taking my 3rd cruise on the Jewel to Alaska in June, 1st year we had a mid-ship Mini-suite, last year I had fwd penthouse 10000, this year I have aft balconies on 10668. My question is if an offer comes around are all the aft balconies in the aft penthouse bigger? I don't think and aft Mini is much of an upgrade from 10668 is it?

Thank you.

I'm taking my 3rd cruise on the Jewel to Alaska in June, 1st year we had a mid-ship Mini-suite, last year I had fwd penthouse 10000, this year I have aft balconies on 10668. My question is if an offer comes around are all the aft balconies in the aft penthouse bigger? I don't think and aft Mini is much of an upgrade from 10668 is it?

Thank you.

We had that room booked for Baltics but they changed ship so never got to see it. Minis on Jewel class ships are not much more than a balcony.

Not sure about your question - are you asking if the balcony sizes of an aft PH balcony category are larger than aft balcony category?

I don't think and aft Mini is much of an upgrade from 10668 is it?

Thank you.

I can't speak to the size of the aft-facing mini as compared with 10668, but it would be directly under the Great Outdoors, so nothing I'd want.

I've been doing research on the Pearl, a Juewel class ship. Your balcony on deck 10 should be larger than the mini-suite balconies on deck 11. The mini-suite will have a larger bathroom.

If it were me, I'd stick with deck 10 and save money.

Don

I picked the 10th floor balcony room just because it has a bigger balcony than the aft cabin on 8 and 9, being right below the great outdoors doesn't interest me much just for the little extra room, guess what I'm asking is do the penthouse suites on 8,9 and 10 have the deeper balcony? I know they will be wider. I've heard so much about the aft rooms I really want to stay in one.

I picked the 10th floor balcony room just because it has a bigger balcony than the aft cabin on 8 and 9, being right below the great outdoors doesn't interest me much just for the little extra room, guess what I'm asking is do the penthouse suites on 8,9 and 10 have the deeper balcony? I know they will be wider. I've heard so much about the aft rooms I really want to stay in one.

You are confusing folks on here trying to help you, because it's not clear whether you are asking about the aft-facing non-suite balcony cabins, or the aft-facing Penthouse suites. As to the latter, the Penthouse suites on Deck 10 of the Jewel class ships have balconies that are larger (deeper) than the balconies of the Penthouse suites on Decks 8 and 9.

That's what I was after, are the PH decks on 8 and 9 smaller than the PH decks on 10? The price of the fwd and aft PH have gone up SO MUCH this year, and all I would get is the free Wi-Fi (I'm on vacation don't care about that) and shore credit=next to nothing, already have dining and open bar. Right now they want 2K more for and Aft PH and almost 3K for a Fwd PH. I just don't know if it's worth the extra money vs the 10668 balcony room I already have booked, I'm sure cruisers on here have stayed in both an aft balcony room and an aft PH on these class ship, what's your thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post, but I am wondering which cabin you choose.  I'm booked on Jewel in June, cabin 10168 and wonder how big, really, is the balcony.  Are there really 2 chairs and 2 lounges on it as I've read in another much older post.

14 minutes ago, tsil said:

I know this is an older post, but I am wondering which cabin you choose.  I'm booked on Jewel in June, cabin 10168 and wonder how big, really, is the balcony.  Are there really 2 chairs and 2 lounges on it as I've read in another much older post.

Here is link to youtube video of 10668 from sister ship Norwegian Pearl.  If there aren't already two chairs and two loungers and you want them request what is missing from your room steward.

I have now been in Forward PH 10000 and aft PH 10668 both on Jewel cruises to Alaska, for Alaska you can't beat the Aft PH as there is no wind even while at sea. The forward is colder with more wind but the view and Balcony size are awesome. You can put 2 chairs plus the lounge chairs in the Aft but That's all.

2 hours ago, spotfish said:

I have now been in Forward PH 10000 and aft PH 10668 both on Jewel cruises to Alaska, for Alaska you can't beat the Aft PH as there is no wind even while at sea. The forward is colder with more wind but the view and Balcony size are awesome. You can put 2 chairs plus the lounge chairs in the Aft but That's all.

You're still confused even after the trip 😁 

10668 is an Aft Balcony (B1) and NOT an Aft PH which is a Suite (SF). 

I'm on the Gem in May in 10668 and debating whether to bid on the SF but not sure it's worth it. 

The aft cabins on deck 10 on the Jewel class ships are some of the largest on the ship. The cabins , both penthouse and balcony are the same size on decks 8.9 and 10 - but because the decks are tiered  - the balconies get larger as you move up. The four penthouses on each deck are of course almost twice as wide as the balcony cabins - but the decks are the same depth. We have been in 10166 on the Pearl and we had two loungers, two chairs, and a table. I don't think the B1 is large enough for all of that in width - you could probably have a couple of loungers facing back and put the chairs facing them, but that would defeat the purpose of the balcony. I would keep my deck 10 whatever.

7 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

The aft cabins on deck 10 on the Jewel class ships are some of the largest on the ship. The cabins , both penthouse and balcony are the same size on decks 8.9 and 10 - but because the decks are tiered  - the balconies get larger as you move up. The four penthouses on each deck are of course almost twice as wide as the balcony cabins - but the decks are the same depth. We have been in 10166 on the Pearl and we had two loungers, two chairs, and a table. I don't think the B1 is large enough for all of that in width - you could probably have a couple of loungers facing back and put the chairs facing them, but that would defeat the purpose of the balcony. I would keep my deck 10 whatever.

Thank you for your feedback..... I'm thinking the same but the lure of the suite is tempting but the risk of not staying on 10 is a huge factor.