Sabatinis Cost

CastMember 02

I think they lowered the price and changed the menu. Used to be very different, loved it before, not so sure now, we don't eat veal and seafood so we will be at the Crown Grill...Might want to check, but I think that is what you are seeing....

Im on the Grand now and ate at Sabatini's last night. The new menu will be a 25.00 charge, but they are not sure when the menu change will occur. The price drop is due to Sabatini's getting only 30 people average a night and Crown Grill getting 100 average per night. All according to our waiter last night. The plan is to roll it out for the Alaska season, but they are waiting for the training staff to arrive and ready the kitchen on the Grand. Loved the Short rib penne, but it will be discontinued:loudcry:

They raised the price and forgot to change the menu price.:eek:
It's the other way around. The cover charge had increased to $29 some time ago. A new menu was introduced on the Caribbean after Sabatini's was totally redone during her recent drydock and the cover was reduced to $25. The new menu with the $25 cover is all that shows on the website. I have no idea if the new menu has been rolled out fleet wide. It certainly is confusing [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The information about the new menus and new price is on the website Caribbean Princess Revitalization Emerging April 2017 describing the changes to the Caribbean Princess during its recent drydock. This website contains a link to Learn more about Sabatini's Italian Trattoria

Under THE TRANSFORMATION UNFOLDS, it states: "Experience the new restaurant design and elevated menu on board select ships, beginning with Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess this April."

This website includes links to new menus
and
. It has some interesting changes. The cover charge is reduced from $29 to $25 per person. However you may only have APERITIVO, one ANTIPASTI, one SOUP / SALAD, one DAL PASTAIO (pasta), and one SECONDI PIATTI (main course). A second pasta or main course costs an additional $10. The beverage menu also looks interesting, with most drinks by the glass $10 or less (for those of us with AIBP).

So the new price is for the new menu and the old price is for the old menu. Princess is very clear in this site that the new menu and new price will be on the Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess this month - and this month is almost over.

However, Princess is not consistent on their website.:( On the Cruise Personalizer for my March 2018 Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess, Specialty Dining Reservations has links to the old menu and will take prepaid reservations for Sabatini's at $29 per person. I guess that they will have the new menu implemented by March next year and that they will refund the $4 per person difference onboard.

Im on the Grand now and ate at Sabatini's last night. The new menu will be a 25.00 charge, but they are not sure when the menu change will occur. The price drop is due to Sabatini's getting only 30 people average a night and Crown Grill getting 100 average per night. All according to our waiter last night. The plan is to roll it out for the Alaska season, but they are waiting for the training staff to arrive and ready the kitchen on the Grand. Loved the Short rib penne, but it will be discontinued:loudcry:

Princess is very clear on their website that the new menu and new price will be on the Grand Princess this month, and this month doesn't have very many days left. You certainly aren't telling us that the ship isn't doing what Princess announced on their website that they are doing.:rolleyes:

I posted in another thread that we stopped by Sabatini's on our recent Hawaiian cruise (we returned on April 23) to look at the new decor/layout. What looked like a chef came out to ask us if we had any questions. He showed us the new menu that was posted outside of the restaurant and told us that the menu would not begin until once the Alaska cruises begin. Not his exact words, but his expression and words were something akin to, "this menu change is such a headache." It looked interesting enough to us as Northern Italian is our preferred choice anyway. We'll definitely give it a try. We're also totally OK with the limiting of quantities in each course. There is no chance of going hungry on a ship.

Edited by iceleven

I just saw the menu on princess.com shows a $25 cover and when i go to book sabatinis there is a $29 charge? anyone have insight on this?

Princess.com has NOT updated the price. It IS $29.

Checking the prices, it seems most people here say it dropped back to $25. Probably due to declining amount of diners. Personally, we though the meats were very slightly better than the MDR. The seafood, however was excellent.

Edited by keithm
additions

The information about the new menus and new price is on the website Caribbean Princess Revitalization Emerging April 2017 describing the changes to the Caribbean Princess during its recent drydock. This website contains a link to Learn more about Sabatini's Italian Trattoria

Under THE TRANSFORMATION UNFOLDS, it states: "Experience the new restaurant design and elevated menu on board select ships, beginning with Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess this April."

This website includes links to new menus
and
. It has some interesting changes. The cover charge is reduced from $29 to $25 per person. However you may only have APERITIVO, one ANTIPASTI, one SOUP / SALAD, one DAL PASTAIO (pasta), and one SECONDI PIATTI (main course). A second pasta or main course costs an additional $10. The beverage menu also looks interesting, with most drinks by the glass $10 or less (for those of us with AIBP).

So the new price is for the new menu and the old price is for the old menu. Princess is very clear in this site that the new menu and new price will be on the Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess this month - and this month is almost over.

However, Princess is not consistent on their website.:( On the Cruise Personalizer for my March 2018 Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess, Specialty Dining Reservations has links to the old menu and will take prepaid reservations for Sabatini's at $29 per person. I guess that they will have the new menu implemented by March next year and that they will refund the $4 per person difference onboard.

That's a shame about the extra fee for additional food. The staff were literally begging us to order more!

Princess is very clear on their website that the new menu and new price will be on the Grand Princess this month, and this month doesn't have very many days left. You certainly aren't telling us that the ship isn't doing what Princess announced on their website that they are doing.:rolleyes:

I assure you that as of last night and from the mouths of the staff, they will NOT roll out the new menu on this Hawaii run and aren't sure exactly when.:eek: True Story!

I posted in another thread that we stopped by Sabatini's on our recent Hawaiian cruise (we returned on April 23) to look at the new decor/layout. What looked like a chef came out to ask us if we had any questions. He showed us the new menu that was posted outside of the restaurant and told us that the menu would not begin until once the Alaska cruises begin. Not his exact words, but his expression and words were something akin to, "this menu change is such a headache." It looked interesting enough to us as Northern Italian is our preferred choice anyway. We'll definitely give it a try. We're also totally OK with the limiting of quantities in each course. There is no chance of going hungry on a ship.

I assure you that as of last night and from the mouths of the staff, they will NOT roll out the new menu on this Hawaii run and aren't sure exactly when.:eek: True Story!

Based on both of your experiences, the Princess website statements don't correspond to real life on the ship & the reality is that the new Sabatini's Trattoria menu is not yet available. :eek:

They raised the price and forgot to change the menu price.:eek:

The cover charge lowered from $29 to $25/pp.

New revised menu. No lobster ménage a trios anymore. Other old standby entrees also gone.

Edited by Kingofcool1947