Ice Cream Machine on QM2

graynz

We will be taking our grandchildren on QM2 from Sydney to Auckland early next year. A particular treat would be the ice cream machine in the King's Court. If it's still there post remastering. It isn't the kind of thing that features large in Cunard's publicity, so I'm hoping some kind passenger who has voyaged on her since that remaster might pop a reply in here to tell me the situation.

The grandchildren would be very grateful to know they can look forward to it.

:)

Gray

We will be taking our grandchildren on QM2 from Sydney to Auckland early next year. A particular treat would be the ice cream machine in the King's Court. If it's still there post remastering. It isn't the kind of thing that features large in Cunard's publicity, so I'm hoping some kind passenger who has voyaged on her since that remaster might pop a reply in here to tell me the situation.

Gray

Be careful how you pull the Handle down to dispense the Ice Cream, when the new machines were first introduced it was amusing to watch how fierce they were. The Ice Cream goes everywhere you don't want it too if pulled down fast. The machines, There are Three, (Two machines are situated Port side and Starboard side of the servery near to where Sushi is dispensed in Kings Court and the third is on the Port side to wards the stern in the area which gets used for Themed additional cost evening meals.

Edited by Pennbank

Thank you so much for the replies. The children now have yet another thing to be excited about and to look forward to. (The adults are also pretty enthusiastic about rejoining our favourite ship :) )

Gray

Hi Gray we were thinking of doing a similar trip with our Grandson but as he is an extremely active 11yr old boy thought he might get bored, If you dont mind me asking how old are your Grandad kids and have you done this before with them. Thanks Allison

Hi Alison

We will be taking an 8 yr old girl and a 6 yr old boy (plus their parents). We haven't done this before, but have voyaged on QM2 three times and checked out The Zones quite well. There have sometimes been young children on board. They are definitely a minority. However, the staff at The ones seem to be excellent and the facilities great. Our grandchildren are fascinated by our talk about our journeys and very keen to go. Occasional trips out of the Zones by small groups of children and carers to visit the ice cream machine was one of those events they want to experience. Our trip this time will be just 9 days (with plenty of port days). We think that will be long enough to experience it without getting too bored. Time will tell I guess.

Cheers

Gray