Is Club class worth it?

potchak

We are going to Alaska in July and have been offered an upgrade from our ME cabin(currently back of the ship on Emerald deck) to a M1 cabin for $400 total for the two of us. I was hoping someone could shed some light on whether or not it is worth the upgrade. Seems like Priority embarkation and debarkation would be nice but we are taking their cruise tour, so not sure debarkation would not matter.

Appreciate it!

Do you like the location of the new M1 cabin? The perks are all soft products with the exception of the mattress. So for $400 you get:

Time Savings

One additional entree selection in MDR's CC section

2 half-bottles of wine (or is it 1?)

So if you don't like where the upgrade cabin is, save the $400. Or ask Princess if they can upgrade you to a full suite for $400. Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Do you like the location of the new M1 cabin? The perks are all soft products with the exception of the mattress. So for $400 you get:

Time Savings

One additional entree selection in MDR's CC section

2 half-bottles of wine (or is it 1?)

So if you don't like where the upgrade cabin is, save the $400. Or ask Princess if they can upgrade you to a full suite for $400. Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

The upgraded category is mid ship next deck up, so definitely a benefit there.

The upgraded category is mid ship next deck up, so definitely a benefit there.

DW and I had a similar deal. Took it and now will do it again. Loved the location of the cabin, but especially the freedom to dine when you want with no wait. The two half bottles of wine were great at sail away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if you've had one before, but this board generally raves about the Emerald deck aft Minis.

But in my opinion: $29/pp/pd to get the reserved, theoretically-no-wait section of the MDR for all meals is a no-brainer. The wine and canapes are a good throw in.

Separate dining area in the MDR and not crowded.

Decided to go with it! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us with the cruise tour, so thought it was a good choice. The priority embarkation will be nice too because I think we are arriving around 11 am to the port

It would have been so worth it to us!

Love the location of the M1 minis -- mid-ship (always no more than half way to & from anyplace) PLUS having Club Class Dining and never having a problem being seated. :D

Decided to go with it! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us with the cruise tour, so thought it was a good choice. The priority embarkation will be nice too because I think we are arriving around 11 am to the port

Sweet! We loved the perks, but didn't want speak for you. Enjoy the cruise!

Considering this option for our Canada/New England cruise in September. I am coming back to Princess after being a long time NCL cruiser so I am not familiar with Princess. We loved the Haven Suites on NCL which include the priority tendering and the Haven restaurant. Is it guaranteed with this class of cabins that you will get priority for tender ports? With the Regal being so big, I am so worried that it will take hours to disembark and there will be extended wait times to eat.

Considering this option for our Canada/New England cruise in September. I am coming back to Princess after being a long time NCL cruiser so I am not familiar with Princess. We loved the Haven Suites on NCL which include the priority tendering and the Haven restaurant. Is it guaranteed with this class of cabins that you will get priority for tender ports? With the Regal being so big, I am so worried that it will take hours to disembark and there will be extended wait times to eat.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

here is a link to suite benefits with Princess. You can also click on link inside this one to see enhanced benefits for full suites

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

here is a link to suite benefits with Princess. You can also click on link inside this one to see enhanced benefits for full suites

Club Class Mini Suites--the original topic of this thread--do not get any of the Full Suite benefits aside from Club Class Dining. If luvwater is looking for priority tendering (which on Princess is ship-to-shore only, not the reverse) they must book a Full Suite; a Club Class Mini will not do. And it must be noted that Princess does not have remotely the suite benefits that booking The Haven carries on NCL.

fishywood; you are correct. I was letting them know the choices available on Princess. He said they weren't familiar with Princess. I have been in suite with NCL and know about the Haven. Just providing all options avail to them.

We were Club Class on the Caribbean Princess recently, and the Club Class dining was one of the best features of our cruise experience. Nice quiet set-aside dining area with the same serving staff day and night. We got to know them, and had many good, substantive conversations with them. Service was so good that we got generous with tips at the end. We also got to know some of our fellow diners, and that was nice and convivial. We found the Club Class dining area an oasis of tranquility and grace in an otherwise busy and somewhat downmarket cruise experience.

We were Club Class on the Caribbean Princess recently, and the Club Class dining was one of the best features of our cruise experience. Nice quiet set-aside dining area with the same serving staff day and night. We got to know them, and had many good, substantive conversations with them. Service was so good that we got generous with tips at the end. We also got to know some of our fellow diners, and that was nice and convivial. We found the Club Class dining area an oasis of tranquility and grace in an otherwise busy and somewhat downmarket cruise experience.

For $400 you could have eaten at one of the specialty restaurants every night for 7 nights based on $50 per night for (2 people) times 7 nights = $350

We took the upsell for a Club Class mini suite midship a couple months ago. It was nice! I wouldn't pay full price for it, but I'd definitely take a similar upsell!

We are going to Alaska in July and have been offered an upgrade from our ME cabin(currently back of the ship on Emerald deck) to a M1 cabin for $400 total for the two of us. I was hoping someone could shed some light on whether or not it is worth the upgrade. Seems like Priority embarkation and debarkation would be nice but we are taking their cruise tour, so not sure debarkation would not matter.

Appreciate it!

For $400 you could have eaten at one of the specialty restaurants every night for 7 nights based on $50 per night for (2 people) times 7 nights = $350

This is a good point. And, I think that people considering the upgrade should consider if they would be better off with lots of specialty dining vs the Club Class gig.

Personally, we are opting for the Club Class. We wanted the flexibility of anytime dining and the familiarity of the same wait staff every night. But, that's us. For others, spending the 400 rotating through specialty dining options may be a better fit.