My 10 day Aruba vacation...in video

mitsugirly

I made a little video of our entire 10 day vacation in Aruba. I've never really done this before and tried to remember to take some video during the vacation. So, this is a first for me and I think I need some practice. The music is sometimes a little off...but then again so is my quirky sense of humor at times.

It's about 32 minutes of pictures and video combined as a day-by-day event for us. Hopefully you have 32 minutes to spare (after all, my reviews are more like 100 pages and you guys survive those right? ;p).

Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy my first try.

_WGSz3IVpa4

Mitsugirly and family thank you for the 10 day land Cruise of Aruba.

You had a great selection of land and snorkeling/scuba adventures.

I enjoyed the way you identified the fish and coral/etc on the movie.

All the beaches were detailed and the land excursions to the Butterfly, camel, ostrich etc gave a good review of the land experiences.

The waterpark and Zipline were interesting. It is OK that Sakari is a waterperson and not so much for the air.

Snorkeling photos were as always great.

Thanks for the review and we look forward to more Adventures.

Thanks and glad you were able to get some ideas. Have a wonderful vacation. :)

I feel that you and I have a lot in common. I read your review on the Aruba boards and found it to be be very informative. I also have older children (22 and 20) as well as a 10 year old daughter who loves the water. My DD has been a competitive swimmer since she was 6. If your DD isn't already on a competitive team, you should sign her up ASAP!

I made a little video of our entire 10 day vacation in Aruba. I've never really done this before and tried to remember to take some video during the vacation. So, this is a first for me and I think I need some practice. The music is sometimes a little off...but then again so is my quirky sense of humor at times.

It's about 32 minutes of pictures and video combined as a day-by-day event for us. Hopefully you have 32 minutes to spare (after all, my reviews are more like 100 pages and you guys survive those right? ;p).

_WGSz3IVpa4

Thank you for sharing ;)

Mitsugirly and family thank you for the 10 day land Cruise of Aruba.

You had a great selection of land and snorkeling/scuba adventures.

I enjoyed the way you identified the fish and coral/etc on the movie.

All the beaches were detailed and the land excursions to the Butterfly, camel, ostrich etc gave a good review of the land experiences.

The waterpark and Zipline were interesting. It is OK that Sakari is a waterperson and not so much for the air.

Snorkeling photos were as always great.

Thanks for the review and we look forward to more Adventures.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sakari has always been a daredevil, including zip lining when she was 3 years old and insisted on doing it by herself!

She really wanted to zip line this time and begged and wanted it to be the first thing we did there. We waited in line for over and hour (it even sprinkled a little off and one while we were in line, but she insisted on waiting). Then she chickened out. She's not afraid of heights and rides roller coasters and rides that take you high in the air and drop you and everything. I'm not sure what was wrong that day. But, she still insists that she wants to go parasailing. I'm a little unsure about it now. I would hate to pay and her back out last minute. :eek:

I feel that you and I have a lot in common. I read your review on the Aruba boards and found it to be be very informative. I also have older children (22 and 20) as well as a 10 year old daughter who loves the water. My DD has been a competitive swimmer since she was 6. If your DD isn't already on a competitive team, you should sign her up ASAP!

Thanks and glad you found it to be informative.

Where Sakari takes scuba lessons at, they have swim teams practicing at the same time in the pool next to hers. She shows 0 interest in doing anything like that. I have ask her and she said no. She is a mermaid and unless she could have her mono fin on, then her answer was no. LOL :')

Great video! Super underwater pics! Wondering where you got all the mermaid tails for your daughter? My grand daughter is totally into them and keeps asking for a tail.

Thanks for sharing your great vacation with us. You did a super amazing job for your first time!

Cha-CHING!!!

Hi Kim. I wrote a response to your video on the Aruba forum, but I don't know if you saw it. You did an awesome job on your first attempt. It is very impressive. I'm glad that you enjoyed Aruba, and would like to go back for another land vacation. We are supposed to be headed to Miami on Thursday for a cruise to the ABC islands, but right now, we are in "wait and see" mode. Our cruise seems like a small issue, considering what people are going through with this hurricane.

Great video! Super underwater pics! Wondering where you got all the mermaid tails for your daughter? My grand daughter is totally into them and keeps asking for a tail.

Thanks for sharing your great vacation with us. You did a super amazing job for your first time!

Cha-CHING!!!

Actually my daughter told me about them a few years ago (advertising to young children at its best ;p). Hers comes from finfunmermaid . com. She has 6 of them now (I think). But there are other places online that sell them too (and probably cheaper) but I think that finfun are the originals that started this craze.

Hi Kim. I wrote a response to your video on the Aruba forum, but I don't know if you saw it. You did an awesome job on your first attempt. It is very impressive. I'm glad that you enjoyed Aruba, and would like to go back for another land vacation. We are supposed to be headed to Miami on Thursday for a cruise to the ABC islands, but right now, we are in "wait and see" mode. Our cruise seems like a small issue, considering what people are going through with this hurricane.

Oh sorry. If I haven't responded to it, I did not see it or get a notification about it. I haven't had any notifications from over there since I posted the video I think. (People are not as talkative over there like here).

We enjoyed Aruba so much that after booking my next cruise for November, I was almost wishing I was just going back to Aruba instead. :D

Aww, so sorry to hear that you are just waiting to see about the cruise. I feel so bad for all the islands that have been hit so hard and now Florida. I have so many friends down there and I'm trying my best to keep up with the updates right now from them. So far, everyone is ok thank goodness.

Nice..where did you stay?

_WGSz3IVpa4

• 2 weeks later...