Costa Mediterranea

howard6933

I sailed on the 12/04 cruise of Mediterranea, the same cruise as "cruisegroupie" and "hoststar" and I am not going to bore you with a review of my own. :p All I will say is that I feel sorry for "bellegrove" and "Byseaone" regarding their awful experience regarding this ship. I can hardly believe that I was on the same ship that they found to be so horrible.

My cruise on the Med was my 42nd cruise and I can honestly say that the decor of this ship was the most beautiful of any ship I have sailed on. So the food wasn't Wolfgang Puck or Emeril quality, but it was OK. We thought the bed in our cabin was too hard, so we asked the cabin steward for an egg-crate mattress, and it was there in no time. Our dining room waiter and his assistant couldn't do enough for us. I hadn't sailed with Costa since around 1985 and I certainly would not hesitate to sail with them again. As someone on these boards has said many times, "any cruise is better than a day at the office". Anyone with a future booking of Costa Mediterranea, don't worry, you'll have a great time on this ship.;)

I agree, there were 9 of us on the Costa Mediterranea cruise from Nov.20- Nov. 27th and we loved it and wished we were still on board. Sure, we had some gripes about the level of service, but overall it was a wonderful cruise (and I have been on 6 other cruise lines)

I sailed on the 12/04 cruise of Mediterranea, the same cruise as "cruisegroupie" and "hoststar" and I am not going to bore you with a review of my own. :p All I will say is that I feel sorry for "bellegrove" and "Byseaone" regarding their awful experience regarding this ship. I can hardly believe that I was on the same ship that they found to be so horrible.

My cruise on the Med was my 42nd cruise and I can honestly say that the decor of this ship was the most beautiful of any ship I have sailed on. So the food wasn't Wolfgang Puck or Emeril quality, but it was OK. We thought the bed in our cabin was too hard, so we asked the cabin steward for an egg-crate mattress, and it was there in no time. Our dining room waiter and his assistant couldn't do enough for us. I hadn't sailed with Costa since around 1985 and I certainly would not hesitate to sail with them again. As someone on these boards has said many times, "any cruise is better than a day at the office". Anyone with a future booking of Costa Mediterranea, don't worry, you'll have a great time on this ship.;)

MY FRIEND BEEN MORE THAN 28 CRUISES ,BUT WHEN HE SAW OUR VIDIO FROM COSTA ATLANTICA HE SAID ITS THE MOST FUN CRUISE)))

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Howard. You are going to find naysayers everywhere. One of the funniest complaints we heard was someone complaining that this was the first cruise they had been on that they did not get to meet the Captain. My 73 yr. old (first cruise) smartly answered right back, we met him a couple of times, had a drink with him and took our photos. Their answer - OH!

Loved it and it was great, wish we were still on it.

I don't understand why it is tough to believe that with more than a thousand passengers on a ship that different passengers could have different experiences on the same cruise, and both make valid and accurate postings about their experiences. Our first cruise in many years was on a Princess ship with a wonderful waiter and assistant waiter who made sure that everything went very, very well during the dinners. He subtly directed us away from menu choices he thought we'd likely not enjoy, always brought food and service items promptly, and took extra care with our then pre-teen daughter. We also had a really competent and friendly cabin steward on that cruise.

Another family we hadn't previously known had a daughter my daughter's age, and they quickly became friends. In speaking with the other mother one day late in the cruise, I heard that they had a cabin steward that never seemed to change the towels promptly and was hard to find, and a waiter team that was disorganized and often mixed up orders and brought food late.

If we'd each written reviews, they would have (and should have) read pretty differently. There's also the reality that when a few big things have gone wrong, you probably are a bit disenchanted with everything else, whereas since the big things on our cruise went so well it was easy to shrug off minor problems.

Shooting the messenger isn't helpful.

Cheers,

Barb

Archived