You can not get a liter of rum in you room anymore!

FRANCOIS

I use to order a liter of rum in my room, for the small ,,,, drink before diner or as disgestive but like the drink of the day; it dissapeared! No more!

Last cruise I paid for over 600.00 usd of wine and drinks and liquor so it is not that I dont want to pay but there is a certain limit!

So like I said on a previous board, for the first time I will bring my Jamaican rum in my luggage.

Best to all

Franocis

Can't you buy a bottle in the ship's store, pay the extra fee, and take it to your room?

bruce-r,

No such luck :(

If you buy liquor in the ship's shops they assume you are buying it for the duty free rate and hold it until the last day of the cruise :eek:

To get the large bottles of liquor for use in your room you need to call room service. We were on the Island earlier this month and noted there was no "liquor menu" in the room so I called room service and they said they still have it and will deliver what ever you want.

Give them a call. They will let you know what they have. It will be delivered to your stateroom within a half hour. You will need to be there to sign for it. You can also ask your room steward for extra glasses or ice if you need it. Call room service for breakfast and order a carafe of orange juice if you want to make screwdrivers. Of course coke is available if you want rum and coke.

stan

I just called Princess and they said that it was a recent thing, no more 1 liter of liquor only the small package!

I ask if I could buy it at duty free; yes but like someone

post it they keep the bottle for your return!

So cruisers, anyone as experience as bringing a bottle in their luggage? Dont take me wrong, I am not cheap, usualy my end billing is around 600. usd for a 7 days cruise.

I am starting to have a problem with the fact that they always charge more or give you less! Between you an me on the Princess cays they could let you access to the equipment free!

Anyway I like to cruise, I will pay and I will go again!!!

To get the large bottles of liquor for use in your room you need to call room service. We were on the Island earlier this month and noted there was no "liquor menu" in the room so I called room service and they said they still have it and will deliver what ever you want.

Give them a call. They will let you know what they have. It will be delivered to your stateroom within a half hour. You will need to be there to sign for it. You can also ask your room steward for extra glasses or ice if you need it. Call room service for breakfast and order a carafe of orange juice if you want to make screwdrivers. Of course coke is available if you want rum and coke.

stan

They have stopped the carafe of juice to your room even in the AM. And it sounds like calling room service for more than a pint is a thing of the past also. I wondered how long it would be before they followed suit with some of the other cruise lines that are stopping this. :(

I don't like this one bit! We always like to preorder a bottle for our room. We're not trying to "get away" with anything just like a drink on our balcony. We always like to pre order it because it was one more this we "pre paid" for! I think this is really one more example of nickle and diming you. They are going to force people to "smuggle" their liquor on board and lose the $$ that they would have gotten. Bad Princess.

I am like you, always buying my liter of rum and like to have a drink at our room. The bottle was 22.00 that ok.

But now I am leaving on Jan 07, 06 and thinking seriously to bring my own bottle!

At the swimming pool or where helse on the boat I love to get drinks but in my room its my rum.

Will go on other board to read about bringing my own rum.

Best

Francois

I tried calling an order in last week, but the person at 1-800-PRINCESS said they no longer deliver the liter bottles, only the 'packages' with 375 ml bottles. I faxed the order in the next day, then went online to check my credit card, and found that the charge was on my account two days later. So the trick is to fax in your order, although too late for Francois, who is leaving next week. The order form and listing is on the website, but it is hard to find. It was also in the back of the cruise "Answer Book" that we just got. It does look like something they may be trying to phase out. The person that I spoke to at PRINCESS did say that you could still get liquor through room service.

I just called Princess and they said that their policy has just recently changed and you can only order the packages now. That stinks - it will force us to have to smuggle which we have never done before! We leave in two weeks and I was going to fax an order - the Cruise Answer Book still shows liters available, but the website does not. I wonder why they want to lose money? Anyone know of a good liquor store in Old San Juan???

I may just have to back to all-inclusive land vacations again!

Kaye

I just called Princess and they said that their policy has just recently changed and you can only order the packages now. That stinks - it will force us to have to smuggle which we have never done before! We leave in two weeks and I was going to fax an order - the Cruise Answer Book still shows liters available, but the website does not. I wonder why they want to lose money? Anyone know of a good liquor store in Old San Juan???

I may just have to back to all-inclusive land vacations again!

Kaye

There are shops right on the dock in San Juan, with good prices on liquor and wine. Just follow the crowd!

As stated earlier, the liter listing and order form is available on the website, but you have to look for it, it will not come to you. There are a couple ways to find it. Try going through the 'Prepare For Your Cruise' link, then 'Answer Place', then 'Personal Choice Dining', then the link in 'Alcohol Policy'. You should get a PDF file that is essentially the last three pages of the "Answer Book". Also stated earlier is what Francois found out, that you can still get liters through room service once on board. You will also find that the room service prices are $2.00 cheaper. That is because the preorders include a $2.00 tip, but you probably would give the room service person at least that much upon delivery anyway.

Archived