Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old January 14th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default World Cruise - The First Time

As I mentioned in another thread, we are on Segment Three of the World Cruise. While this will be our 11th Crystal cruise, it will be our first experience with a WC segment. I am sure we won't be the only first timers, so for the benefit of "the rookies" is there anything "the veterans" can tell us about the WC that is different from our experiences on a "regular" Crystal cruise??

Thanks.

Old January 14th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

I know you will have a wonderful time. The biggest difference is the slow unfolding of the days at sea. The WC is a wonderful and different experience. It is a journey rather than a vacation. There is a bonding of WCers as time goes on and a grand collecton of friends old and new.

Old January 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just as was mentioned above, the World cruise has a different feel from regular cruises. Everyone the passangers and the crew seem more excited. It is a journey. The one thing that I awalys notice is that unlike most Crystal cruises, there is no open seating on the first night of a leg. Such a high percentage of people are on for many segments, so that everyone sits at their assigned table.

You are going to have a wonderful time. People have different opinions, but I prefer the World Cruise and its legs over Back to backs. We have done both and both are great but the World Cruise is different.

See you aboard

Old January 15th, 2006, 08:33 PM
20,000+ Club

I've done segments on four world cruises and all I can say is that it's a completely different atmosphere. You will also get at least one world cruise gift, which is a very nice momento.