Just got back from the Spirit!

mariakitty

Hello all [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We returned from a wonderful Alaskan cruise this afternoon. The weather was [B]fantastic[/B] and we have the sunburns to prove it! I kept a journal everyday and should have my in-depth review online tomorrow (Sunday). For now let me just say that many of the problems experienced on earlier Spirit cruises this season seemed to have been worked out for the most part. For example, returning to the ship in port was usually very fast, and disembarkation this morning could not have been easier. Once criticism I will note for now is that the beds are HARD! Definitely the worst bed I have ever slept in my life.

I was able to get most of the information everyone requested. I will get everything posted ASAP - for now it's time for laundry!

Maria

Carnival Celebration 12/22/90
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 9/92
Carival Ecstasy 9/2002
NCL Spirit 6/12/2004

Okay, thanks, Maria. Looking forward to your review. Did you ask your room steward for a "foam eggcrate" mattress pad? Last year on the Sky, the beds were hard and the room steward had it "softened up" for us in no time at all.

Still debating the 10 Day Dawn again or the Spirit 9 Day in Feb. Maybe they will add new mattresses when the ship goes into drydock. You are not alone many have posted the hardest bed afloat.

Look forward to your review, Glad you had a wonderful time in Alaska.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,
Norway 3/94,4/96
Dreamward 4/97
Dream 12/99
QE2 4/02
Carnival Spirit 7/02
NCL Sun 10/03
NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Alaska NCL Sun

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=5023051067&m=527108012"]8/22 Sun - Roll Call[/url]

I'm so glad you liked the cruise, Maria. I did too. It was almost perfect when I went, on June 5th; I can't wait to see how smooth it will be when she starts her Caribbean run.

I got an eggcarton foam thing for my bed, it made a big difference. I think the beds are pretty new and I don't think they will be changing the mattresses any time soon.

My husband didn't mind the bed but I thought it was really hard too. I liked the cruise though a lot, the ship was really different from what we are used to. I even tried to use chopsticks in Blue Lagoon on the fried rice but I wasn't good at it.

Archived